WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
World of Warcraft

send help
author=Craze
Beat Jotun last night. Short, but quite beautiful. I really enjoyed it. Up next is either Renowned Explorers or Hand of Fate.

...i also need to play legend of heroes like bugfragged, but i'm trying to avoid traditional rpgs for a bit because bravely second comes out next week

Hand of Fate is an interesting take on tabletop single-player. Kinda wish I could customise my character a bit more, flavour-wise, but it's a pretty cool game.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Stardew Valley and Pokemon Conquest...
I have over 600 hours into Pokemon Conquest. Gotta collect 'em all! ALL! THEY MUST HAVE THE PERFECT PARTNER, EVERYONE AT MAX POWER FOR AN UNDERWHELMING FINAL BATTLE.

And Stardew Valley because I really did need another procrastination tool!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
600 hours in pokequest... i spent like 10 hours, MAYBE, before giving it to a friend. how have you done that to yourself.
Found a game which was currently released and had an interesting style.
It's called Hyper Light Drifter. Cool pixel graphics, great soundtrack and quite difficult. And the bosses are really tough <_<
Was made with Gamemaker as far as I know.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Polished off Disk 1 of Wild Arms 2 last night. I think my playtime was under 20 hours? I don't remember by how much, but, that just seems really fast.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Started playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door on my good 'ol dusty Gamecube after sitting in my shelf for a while.

I can kind of understand why I didn't like this as much as the first Paper Mario game: The overall tone of the game doesn't really feel "Mario" in the sense that this game is a bit more down-to-Earth and gets kind of dark at some points. It kind of shifts its identity back-and-forth between being "happy Mario fantasy land" to "gritty sleasy cold world," the latter is something I don't really works in a Mario game. The time I got to Glitsville was when I was wondering why I was uncovering a conspiracy in a Mario game?

I think this game is a bit harder than the first in the sense that there are a lot of enemies that require items or specific badges to beat, and if you are ill-equipped, you can be screwed or forced to run. If my memory serves me well, the first Paper Mario did a better job in being forgiving and warming you up to its mechanics.

I AM doing a self-imposed challenge where I never level up my health, however.

Despite this and some of the heavy backtracking contained in this game, I'm actually having a blast playing this. The battle system is very well-polished and the addition of the crowd/stylish system makes pulling off advanced tactics really rewarding. Even when I found myself having to fight similiar enemy troops over again, I didn't find myself getting bored. I'll also always be a sucker for the quirky, funny dialogue of Super Mario characters.

Koops is awesome.
^ Doesn't Koops have a skill where he gives Mario an 8 or 10 HP shield? That'd probably be pretty gdlk when doing a 10 HP challenge run.

I feel kinda bad for my sister, though. She tried to play Skyrim (Xbox 360 version; digital) and made it up to the just before the first dragon fight, but then the game kept freezing on the way to the destination. It seemed to happen whenever she approached one of the two NPCs with quest markers on them, so she tried taking a really roundabout route to the tower where the dragon appears, and was at least able to fight it for a short while. As for what triggered the freeze during the fight, we're not sure if it's because of a specific spot on the map she walked on, or if one of those problem NPCs got near her.
I've tried whatever suggestions I could find on the 'net, like clearing the system cache or turning off auto-saving, but nothing helped. Granted, I also didn't find any instances of another person complaining about this specific problem. Just our luck! I s'pose I'll see about nabbing the Steam version if I ever see it on sale.

Thankfully, Wind Waker HD hasn't bugged out on her, though for a second we thought something had goofed when we couldn't get a Wiimote to sync. Then I remembered that Pro Controllers and Classic Controllers are not the same thing. And then I wondered why the hell the game a) supports the Pro Controller without saying so on the back of the box, and b) supports the Pro Controller, but not the Classic Controller. I mean, c'mon man, we got this Zelda-themed Classic Controller with a Gamecube layout... it would be the perfect thing to play this Gamecube Zelda game with!!
I also feel the need to double-check the original version of the game to see if it turned off the toon shaders whenever you got an item or were under any other similar kind of lighting circumstance.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=turkeyDawg
^ Doesn't Koops have a skill where he gives Mario an 8 or 10 HP shield? That'd probably be pretty gdlk when doing a 10 HP challenge run.
Yes he does. It saved my hide a good number of times. I also love Koops for his stylish moves, like in the game's story he comes off as an overly modest wimp, but in-battle has those hidden breakdance/charming talents that makes him feel so awesome to play with. Maybe that's why he has a girlfriend. :P

Meanwhile Goombella is pretty much okay, Flurrie is quite useless outside of uncovering secrets, and Yoshi is alright but has some bad basic-attack controls (The R-button is kind of a clunky thing to use for rapid-button presses since it doesn't detect input as well as the other buttons, and it doesn't help that my Gamecube controller is a bit sticky from grime/age >_<). I haven't got to the other partners yet, but I remember Vivian being among the best.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Finally, FINALLY got my hands on Waifu Fire Emblem: Fates. I'm really loving all the tweaks to the Awakening formula, such as the ability to better control your backup units and how they act as opposed to leaving it up to chance. I'm also pretty thankful the, uh, petting mechanic was removed. The game already had a bit too much of an animu dose, so I'm glad they didn't keep that around and actually OD on it. Though it's still pretty obvious where it was supposed to go, as the scene without the petting looks very out of place and rather immersion breaking.

Of course, having played all but one FE game that hit U.S. shores, I went for Conquest because I'm a masochist and heard that Conquest was harder since there's no grinding. And of course, I go for Hard/Classic mode since I totally know what I'm doing. Well, on the second chapter of the Conquest branch after the initial prologue, I get absolutely rekt because I stretched my forces too thin and couldn't get the bonus objective, leading to the deaths of my Knight, Cavalier, Fighter, Troubadour, and Villager all in one brilliant catastrophe of a turn. About three more tries saw similar results.

Aaaaaaand down goes the difficulty slider. It's fine. I didn't want my dignity and pride anyway.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Yeah. Hard game is hard. I beat BR and even turned down from hard to normal on its 3rd-to-final battle because asklaghasig.

Slowly playing Conquest now but I think I overdid it with the tactics. Bravely Default on Friday!

Hand of Fate is very good. I'm enjoying it a lot. Gives me ideas for my current gam mak, too. Also replaying FF6, because why not.

I took a break from Child of Light and played Good Robot. It's a mindless fun roguelike shooter. Despite the roguelike part, it's not very hard, I beat it on the fourth try. I did use an overpowered weapon that has since then been nerfed, but I don't think the game is that much harder now.

I resumed Child of Light after beating Good Robot. I'm at the final dungeon and have one step sister and one step mother left to slay.
Red Nova: Are you talking about the Ice Tribe village? I managed to get 4 houses by spreading out super thin!
(but it did take a few tries). I even only had two guys handle the two left houses (the cavalier and fighter). The big thing I found that made it all work out is seeing what AI enemy units had. The soldier responsible for triggering the houses won't do anything else so he's no threat. I could've lost somebody* if he would actually attack somebody. He was the only guy trying to do houses so I had plenty of time for everybody else to march up through the frozen lake to the last house and picking off largely inert enemies along the way. It took some resets to get a feel of what's going on but once I saw what the AI was doing it was much easier to get it done.

Then the map right after I lose my knight and villager almost immediately after breaching the wall! I'm not very good at FE and that's why I play with *.

*I only play on casual. I got tired of resets for losing characters a long time ago.
author=TehGuy
World of Warcraft

send help

TehGuy: lfg
author=Crystalgate
I took a break from Child of Light and played Good Robot. It's a mindless fun roguelike shooter. Despite the roguelike part, it's not very hard, I beat it on the fourth try. I did use an overpowered weapon that has since then been nerfed, but I don't think the game is that much harder now.

If it wasn't that hard you can always try their challenge. :)

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=31494
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=GreatRedSpirit
Red Nova: Are you talking about the Ice Tribe village? I managed to get 4 houses by spreading out super thin!
(but it did take a few tries). I even only had two guys handle the two left houses (the cavalier and fighter). The big thing I found that made it all work out is seeing what AI enemy units had. The soldier responsible for triggering the houses won't do anything else so he's no threat. I could've lost somebody* if he would actually attack somebody. He was the only guy trying to do houses so I had plenty of time for everybody else to march up through the frozen lake to the last house and picking off largely inert enemies along the way. It took some resets to get a feel of what's going on but once I saw what the AI was doing it was much easier to get it done.

Yeah, resetting my game isn't something I typically do, that's why I was so furious when I lost five units in one turn. Good to know about the enemy AI, though! That'll certainly come in handy when I eventually come back and clear the game on Hard.

Sometimes, though, I cheat my own rules by making the MC do a suicide run into a horde of enemies to get him killed and force a reset, which is ironically depressing in the off chance that he comes out the other side alive.
Right now On my PS Vita I'm having fun with Senran Kagura Estival Versus. I'm most likely having more fun on it than I should.
I beat Child of Light. The game has a few interesting ideas, but I found that it lacked polish. The basic idea with a Grandia like system where you can interrupt the enemies, combined with the wisp that you can use to slow down enemies and thus manipulate their timing on the bar, is great. The problem comes when the game is trying to throw a wrench into your plans or just mix it up, too many such attempts adds annoyance rather than fun. For example, most enemies late game have a high defense to either magic or physical damage, which slows down the battles too much. Considering that battles aren't exactly fast phased to begin with, this is very much a bad thing.

The visuals are good, but the story is rather middling and the characters are really bare bone.

I'd love to see someone take the battle system and polish it.

I also played some more Good Robot. As it turns out however, the game has poor replay-ability. Time to decide on a new game.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
I played Child of Light when it came out, and really didn't like the feel of manufactured whimsy. I did like the battle system, though, but it kind of fell apart toward the end (about when ogre-guy joined). I think it would have benefited from allowing three party members out at once and specializing their roles a bit, then raised the stakes by having more foes on the field in lieu of punishing the player for playing correctly (such as enemies countering after being interrupted).

Right now, I'm playing through Tales from the Borderlands, which I got from this week's TellTale humble bundle. It's barely an adventure game at all (way, way less interaction than even their Walking Dead titles), but I am enjoying the story and characters a great deal. I'll probably finish it this weekend, then play the Game of Thrones one next.

I've already played the rest of the games in the bundle, so if anyone is interested in any of them (Back to the Future, Sam and Max, Walking Dead Seasons 1 and 2, Poker Night 1 and 2, A Wolf Among Us), shoot me a message and I'll give you a Steam key!
Sailerius
did someone say angels
I decided to give FF9 a shot to see if it's as bad as I remember it being. It's not.

It's worse.

I soon found myself playing other games during the constant wait times in battle, and then I realized they were more fun than FF9 so I stopped playing it again.

I also just finished a replay of MGS2, which not only holds up to my memory of it but is even more brilliant on a second time through. It's eerie how well it speaks to cultural issues of today, which are even more relevant than when it first came out.