WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Be sure to follow it up with Dawn of Sorrow.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
author=Pizza
The pacing is just wicked bad all over, despite all the neat stuff that could otherwise make for a good trip.

Agreed!

author=riderx40
am playing aria o sorrow.

Such a great game! My favorite of the GBA Castlevanias.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I never finished Aria of Sorrow, which is a shame when I think about it.

Currently I'm playing Nier, an Action RPG for the PS3. I could write an essay about the good and the bad points of this game, but the short story:

The Good:
- The game has a LOT of ideas it tries to implement: Gameplay is a mash-up of hack-n-slash, bullet hell and generic puzzles. Sometimes it works! My favourite parts are when you go from fighting in a 3D perspective to a 2D one, and then back to 3D 5 minutes later.

- Many of the conversations between the protagonists are pure banter. Grimore Weiss especially cracks me up and Liam O'Brien has got to be one of the best voice actors ever.

- The game has this really weird post-modern feel to it throughout, which I like. alot.

The Bad:
- FETCH QUESTS ARE DEATH TO THE SOUL

- The hack-n-slash gets pretty boring, as do the various puzzles (inc. block puzzles....)
piemunch
i desperately need for everyone to know that i hate Undertale
Playing through about half the Final fantasy series at once.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
NieR is flawed but fun and worthwhile. The sequel is being worked on with the same composer/director of Drakengard, but with Platinum doing game design!
author=Pizza
turkeyDawg
I've been playing Mario 3D World lately. I'm up to Star World, but apparently there's some Crown World afterwards? I'm hoping it doesn't require some silly "101% + some other random shit" thing to unlock, but given the last few 3D Mario games, it probably does. If so, I will most likely not be bothering with it.
hahahahahahahaha

I once thought as you did. To unlock World Crown you have to get every gold flag, green star and stamp in the game. This wouldn't be too bad except for one little awful thing...

There are character stamps, and the only way to get them is to beat every level in the game as that character. So yes. To get 100% and reach World Crown you have to beat the game 5 times on the same file. Good thing there's no log or indication of what levels you've beaten as what character!

HOLY SHIT WHY?????
Well, at least, when not going for green stars, most of the levels are pretty quick to beat. Still, I'm definitely not bothering with that.

Super good with a friend, too, although a little hard to manage with more than one extra person.

Yeah, tbh the open level design and pulled-out camera makes the game almost feel a bit lonely on single-player. Too bad my sister hates the control even more than I do, and so has no desire to actually play.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
King Luca is dead! Long live King Jowy!
I'm playing Bravely Second right now. After I finish this, I'll do New Game+ Nightmare for Trails in the Sky FC & SC.
Another souls-like game arrived an the PC.
Salt and Sanctuary
A sidescrolling, metroidvania, souls game... in 2D.
Well.... what could go wrong? xD

At first I doubted that this can work well, but the game actually feels very good. But it's almost as if you'd play Dark Souls 1 without the third dimension.
It's not as hard as DS, but it's as fair and fun as DS. Tons of areas to explore, secrets to find, bosses to fight. It even has a Souls-Message System implemented. But so far only local Co-op. :/ And luckily... no invaders! <3
Played about 10 hours now and I'm at the middle of the game. A bit less even.
i can't stop playing the witcher 3 help

It's...it's so RPG. I love it.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Been LANing Starcraft, Diablo 2, Heroes of Might and Magic III, Age of Empires II and Warcraft 3 with my brother, been a lot of fun! Can't beat the classics, especially in casual play.
I've been playing Majora's Mask for the first time since I was a kid. For some reason I remember the excessive marketing back in 2000 moreso than the game itself. There was something very ominous and important about the "mask" to me outside the game. It's a pretty cool game so far. It seems like the sidequests and NPCs are more interesting than the main quest though.

@YellowMagic: Welcome to the world of Yoko Taro my friend. I'm so far into the series that I find it strange for someone to be commenting about the gameplay of NIER lol. I have a flowchart of all the sidequests worth doing somewhere, but literally the whole game of Nier is just barreling through crappy shmup fights just to hear more bantz.
So with FF14 getting a content patch on the 7th I decided to resub and to catch up on gear so I can do the new content when it comes out. I think I'm going to blow all my free time for this grind and I don't know why
I recently found out someone is recreating BLOOD almost from scratch using a Duke Nukem source port engine. This is great because the people behind BLOOD have never released the original code and the only way to play the game is via DOS, or DosBox, but some seem to have trouble setting that up. BLOOD is my opinion the best FPS of all time, even above original DOOM, and it's nice to get to play it with slightly improved visuals. Hopefully, more people will get to play it now. =P

author=turkeyDawg
author=Pizza
turkeyDawg
I've been playing Mario 3D World lately. I'm up to Star World, but apparently there's some Crown World afterwards? I'm hoping it doesn't require some silly "101% + some other random shit" thing to unlock, but given the last few 3D Mario games, it probably does. If so, I will most likely not be bothering with it.
hahahahahahahaha

I once thought as you did. To unlock World Crown you have to get every gold flag, green star and stamp in the game. This wouldn't be too bad except for one little awful thing...

There are character stamps, and the only way to get them is to beat every level in the game as that character. So yes. To get 100% and reach World Crown you have to beat the game 5 times on the same file. Good thing there's no log or indication of what levels you've beaten as what character!

HOLY SHIT WHY?????
Well, at least, when not going for green stars, most of the levels are pretty quick to beat. Still, I'm definitely not bothering with that.

Super good with a friend, too, although a little hard to manage with more than one extra person.

Yeah, tbh the open level design and pulled-out camera makes the game almost feel a bit lonely on single-player. Too bad my sister hates the control even more than I do, and so has no desire to actually play.

Playing Super Mario 3D World is the best while playing with a 3yo and 6yo.

The 3yo just does whatever the fuck he wants and walks everywhere. The 6yo is constantly "helping" you by picking you up and throwing you off cliffs to make you "big again".

It is a lesson in patience (and unintentional hilarity).

You have no idea how challenging level 1-5 is until you play with kids

Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I'm still struggling to get my kids to get into videogames - probably because I actually have a big lack of multiplayer ones. I should just send them to your house and have them try out 3D World and then I'll never get them off my back to take them back.
Lucas is able to FINISH Dynablade in Kirby Superstar by himself.
I just finished FF9 PC. I have FF10/10-2 as well, so I might move on to those next. I replayed 10-2 not too long ago, but it's been awhile since I've played FF10 because it's not really my favorite, but maybe it's been long enough that I can enjoy it all the same.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
author=Jude
I just finished FF9 PC.

How did you like the PC version in comparison with the original?

Is it a good port?