WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

author=iddalai
author=Jude
I just finished FF9 PC.
How did you like the PC version in comparison with the original?

Is it a good port?

Good, but not perfect. The main problem is that the analog stick isn't fully supported, locking you to 8-directions with no tilt-sensitivity. But if you've never played FF9 on a DualShock this will never both you.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
author=Jude
author=iddalai
author=Jude
I just finished FF9 PC.
How did you like the PC version in comparison with the original?

Is it a good port?
Good, but not perfect. The main problem is that the analog stick isn't fully supported, locking you to 8-directions with no tilt-sensitivity. But if you've never played FF9 on a DualShock this will never both you.

Well, while that would bother me, it doesn't seem like such a big issue, which is surprising based on how they usually butcher these ports.

Thanks!
I'm currently playing an rpgmaker game called "The Book of True Will" I also started a Fallout 4 character on survival.

Been playing Doom 4 on Nightmare mode. It is quite hard but I still feel that it is fair. But I am not that far into the game, I just picked up my third weapon.

I really like the pistol though! I plan to fully upgrade it!
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Reminds me of playing Dead Space - Eventually I realized the only weapon I needed was the cutter, something maybe to deal with those small swarm guys, and stasis.

I figured out early on that the vast majority of ammo drops are actually procedural - based on what weapons you are currently carrying. They try to trick you early on with a few scripted ammo drops, but I caught on.

I just kept the cutter in my inventory and I was swimming in ammo. It was glorious. I only wish I figured out about how awesome stasis was earlier on.
I have all 3 dead space!!! I should play them ^_^''

That's cool to hear I could use what ever weapon I wanted and still find ammo for it if I read what you said correctly Hexatona~
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Darken
@YellowMagic: Welcome to the world of Yoko Taro my friend. I'm so far into the series that I find it strange for someone to be commenting about the gameplay of NIER lol. I have a flowchart of all the sidequests worth doing somewhere, but literally the whole game of Nier is just barreling through crappy shmup fights just to hear more bantz.
There's a series? I know NieR is supposed to pick up after a Drakengard ending, but is it, uh, canon? (Please don't shoot me)

Re: Sidequests (Massive game-end spoilers below)

Technically was it worthwhile to do any of them? My save data was deleted after all LOL. That was such a random artsy thing for the final 'completionist' ending to do, but I loved it.

Cavia hates completionists. See: The 51% quest or the flower breeding quest.

The 51% quest is best told by The Dark ID here.

The other is trying to get ten pink flower seeds for somebody. You can buy seeds for different colors of flowers but none are what you need. What you need to do is plant two different colors in an alternating pattern and hope the RNG decides they crossbreed and create a new color of flower seed. However you need to do this in the right order (Red+Gold->Peach, Gold+Blue->Indigo, Peach+Indigo->Pink). Each time you plant seeds there is no guarantee that you'll get the crossbreed that you need. It also tracks growth time in real time so doing it without changing the system clock will take ages. Don't forget that you need to get ten of them!

e: also the rewards suck
e2: tolled
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
That's because completionists are bad people who deserve to be punished.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Hexatona

>:(
NieR is connected to ONE of the endings of Drakengard (and there are some weapons with similar names). But it's considered a series of Yoko Taro's games (Drakengard, Nier, and then Drakengard 3{Not Drakengard 2 tho he didn't direct that.})

Nier spoilers
It's worth doing some of them to get the extra companion dialogue. And arguably more of the story. The save file deletion thing is kind of genius as your character is erased from memory so do you. I think the unexpectedness of that really hits home what the character is going through, a fate worse than death: being completely erased from memory and existence. But I mean if you just start a new game are you really erased from fate? Idk it gave me a lot to think about just from a simple save file deletion thing.
I got the Lordvessel and defeated Seath and the Four Kings. I think I will tackle the chaos place last, I'm a pyromancer and I'm guessing that place will have a lot of fire resistant enemies.

My main strategy when things are getting very hard is to leave the area and return later when I'm stronger. This has worked out well so far. The game is really good at handing me useful stuff even though it has no idea what build I'm playing.

The greatest power upgrades comes when I get to use significantly better armor. First I found Havel's ring and could wear the elite knight set while still having medium encumbrance. This made a lot of areas that were hard become easy. Later I found the ring of favor and protection. At that point I had enough endurance to wear the elite knight set with only +20% equipment load and swapped out Havel's ring. However, then I got the idea to equip both rings and wear Havel's set with only medium encumbrance. This again made a lot of hard stuff much easier. The +20% life from ring of favor and protection did not have that significant of a survive-ability boost.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
So I'm about a quarter of the way through DS3 with my sorcery build, and I'm just now starting to see why purists hate this kind of character. Since I've been pumping everything into Intelligence (my Int is 35 and my level is the early-mid forties), enemies are dropping like rain. It certainly doesn't help that, outside of Great Soul Arrow and Faron Flashsword to a lesser extent, all the spells are either extremely situational or overly gimmicky. I'll be waiting a long time before getting any more crystal spells, since that scroll is at the end of the game.

I'll still defend this playstyle though, since the FP limiting your abilities is even more imposing than the weapon degradation a melee build has. Plus, since you're not putting anything into Vigor, the slightest mistake means almost instant death.

Remember how I was struggling against the Crystal Sage in DS3 with my Sorcery build? How I wish I could go back to those happy times. Because I just reached the Deacons of the Deep, which is similar to fighting about fifty Crystal Sages. Oof.

Well, whatever. Gonna go somewhere else for a while. At least the Abyss Watchers was an easy fight, as long as your backpedal game is strong.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Girlfriend just found Fable 2 & 3 at a garage sale for dirt cheap. I might try them out. Enjoyed Fable 1 (for what it was, not what it failed to be). The magic and archery were great.
I heard that the first one is still better than the sequels, which is perplexing. However, some hand's on would be nice after all these years.
author=Hexatona

...I'm a completionist... ...or at least most of the time. :(
Dark Souls is beaten, although I skipped the DLC. I probably try a new character some time later. I'm thinking of a dex/int build with the restriction of light equipment load and no pyromancy. Looking at the starting classes, picking the pyromancer and just not use the pyromancy I start with seems like the best choice.

Anyway, the game was fun, but I'm not so sure I'd enjoy new game+. The problem is that building my character is a big part of the fun and now I more or less already have every item I want. The extra soul levels aren't enough on their own.
Been playing Ara Fell and Helen's Mysterious Castle. Both have their different kinds of charm. X3
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
Started playing Trine Enhanced Edition.
I had already played Trine 2 and loved it.

Both games have great music and atmosphere.
The gameplay is similar to The Lost Vikings with a twist (you still have 3 characters with different skills but they all inhabit the same spot and you swap them when needed).
Been doing my first ever run of the FF5 Four Job Fiesta. It's been really fun so far! I got Knight, Mystic Knight, Ninja and Dancer as my assigned jobs.

I also bought Dark Souls considering it was on sale for really cheap. Probably a terrible idea, given my history of anger management problems and my less-than-great skill level when it comes to most games. Figured I should at least try to see what everyone likes about it, though.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=Pizza
Been doing my first ever run of the FF5 Four Job Fiesta. It's been really fun so far! I got Knight, Mystic Knight, Ninja and Dancer as my assigned jobs.

How does that work? Can your characters not have a job until the one you wanted is unlocked?

As for me I'm into Chapter II of The Witcher, for the first time ever! When I played that game the first couple times I was godawful. But now, I've finally gotten a grasp of the mechanics, and I'm pretty confident in my ability now. It's taken many hours, but I finished Chapter I, and actually did all the quests. I tried to remain as neutral as possible and just do Monster stuff. But, of course, you have to make a some hard choices, and I think I chose the right ones.
Oh yeah, I was gonna try a FJF w/ chaos this year. I should probably get all that sorted out!

Hextona: In the FJF you, surprise, get to use four jobs throughout the entire game, unlocking one with each crystal. Until you get your first job you are stuck with the Freelancer base job but once you get one everybody needs to become your first job. As you unlock more jobs you must have at least one person be one of each job. You're free to use abilities from other jobs you have available to you but you are stuck with the jobs and their abilities that you have assigned to you.

I'm still playing Romancing SaGa 2 and I had to grind* in order to beat the hardest foe I've fought yet: A giant inanimate slab of rock! It just does constant party-wide damage (except to Mole people), has endless hellhound flunkies that rng respawn, can't be directly targeted until said hellhounds are dead, and resists 99% of my attacks!

I like the general concepts of the game but jesus I hate how SaGa communicates.

* They added a dungeon in the mobile port where combat advances the tax and R&D counters but not the enemy difficulty counter. Also you can increase your weapon/magic skills. Thank god for that!