WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
author=Marrend
Speaking of emulation, I've finally put my foot down on PS2 games. I'm about three hours into Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, and having an absolute blast!

How strong is your PC's hardware? o_o

Everything I use (except my desktop PC) has a meltdown when trying to run any emulator that demands more than the N64.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
author=Marrend
Speaking of emulation, I've finally put my foot down on PS2 games. I'm about three hours into Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, and having an absolute blast!

Most Breath of Fire fans hate Dragon Quarter.
I'm a BoF series fan, but I liked it a lot. Just don't use Dragon Powers too much ;)

author=Zakariya

Everything I use (except my desktop PC) has a meltdown when trying to run any emulator that demands more than the N64.

Any modern PC should run PS2 emulated games.

Recommended PCSX2 Specs:
- Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit) with the latest DirectX
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHz or better OR i3/i5/i7 @ 2,8 GHz or better OR AMD Phenom II @ 3,2 GHz or better
- GPU: 8800gt or better (for Direct3D10 support)
- RAM: 1GB on Linux/Windows XP, 2GB or more on Vista / Windows 7

2D PS2 games need less than that to run OK.

I'd say that more RAM is also better.
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
author=iddalai
Any modern PC should run PS2 emulated games.

Recommended PCSX2 Specs:
- Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit) with the latest DirectX
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHz or better OR i3/i5/i7 @ 2,8 GHz or better OR AMD Phenom II @ 3,2 GHz or better
- GPU: 8800gt or better (for Direct3D10 support)
- RAM: 1GB on Linux/Windows XP, 2GB or more on Vista / Windows 7

2D PS2 games need less than that to run OK.

I'd say that more RAM is also better.

The laptops I used have specs that go beyond those, and they all had meltdowns when they tried to run the least demanding PS2 game. :\

My desktop PC was the only computer I used that can run the emulator.

I'll try my original Xbox next, in spite of the limited hardware to see if it's buried software issue... XD
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=iddalai
I'm a BoF series fan, but I liked it a lot. Just don't use Dragon Powers too much ;)

It's the way I play, though. I don't worry about the D-Counter because I use Codebreaker (or the virtual facsimile thereof) to freeze my D-Counter at whatever value I want. I could set it to 99.99% if I really wanted to. Though, it's also true that I "spawn" stat-increase items at various intervals so that dragon form is barely needed. I mean, I'm obviously not playing the game the way it was intended, but, it's ten times more playable for me this way that if I tried it "their way".

author=Zakariya

I have to set my computer's power settings to "high performance" to get PCSX2 to run at ~60 fps. If I don't do that, it runs at ~40fps and games are unplayable, choppy messes. Beyond Good and Evil might be worse off, as it's a choppy mess even with the "high performance" setting! Otherwise, the relevant stats for my 'top look something like...

2.7 GHz processor
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce video card (has 2 GB Video RAM)
Windows 8.1

...that. Though, as an observation, if I try to run a game without using save-states, the emulator crashes. That it doesn't do that when I use save-states is interesting. Though, if it does crash, taking it from the last saved-state would mean less progress lost than taking it from the last hard-save!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Isles of Terra. The soundtrack is so friggin good. Also It's easier to play than the octagonal VI. Pprobably will finishing it rather later than sooner.
iddalai
author=Marrend
author=iddalai
It's the way I play, though. I don't worry about the D-Counter because I use Codebreaker (or the virtual facsimile thereof) to freeze my D-Counter at whatever value I want. I could set it to 99.99% if I really wanted to. Though, it's also true that I "spawn" stat-increase items at various intervals so that dragon form is barely needed. I mean, I'm obviously not playing the game the way it was intended, but, it's ten times more playable for me this way that if I tried it "their way".

Well, the game is more than worth playing for the storyline alone! But I also enjoyed the challenge.

If you get a D-ratio of 1/256 you can see the whole storyline (some relevant hidden scenes are locked to low D-ratio), you should be able to get this rank on your first playthrough.
Playing Pokemon Go. I've been losing weight like crazy. Walked three miles today, and I haven't done that in over a year.

Joined a slack for it too, for finding people in your community. https://pokegroupchat.herokuapp.com/
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=iddalai
If you get a D-ratio of 1/256 you can see the whole storyline (some relevant hidden scenes are locked to low D-ratio), you should be able to get this rank on your first playthrough.

I've played the game at least three times on a legit PS2. I knew that some things, like extra scenes, and certain areas, were tied to a New Game+, and what D-Ratio one has during that New Game+. I don't remember if my D-Ratio was typically 1/256 on a New Game+, though. Seems likely.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Last night in FFXIV, I witness the murder of my Scion comrades and the adorable little Slyph/cabbage fairy kicked to death.

I collect their bodies in the most awkward, yet depressing item-fetching quest I've ever experienced, and pray for their souls:

Shit is about to get real in this game.
Hacking away at Shin Megami Tensei 4 in anticipation for SMT4: Apocalypse :D
Playing more Darkest Dungeon. I'm still doing terribly. Oh well, at least I've yet to kill someone off again. >.<;
I'm nearing the end of my NG+ Nightmare run for The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC. I don't have the patience for a pure Nightmare run, but I did set up some restrictions to ensure things don't get too easy either.
-Reset level
-Keep money, sepith, and items
-Free to equip any accessory or quartz
-During chest battles, sidequest fights, and story fights (basically onscreen fights), weapon/body armor/shoes can only be equipped if at least one copy is obtained or bought normally.
-Once one ultimate weapon is obtained normally, the other one can be equipped as well.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
P....pokemon Go.
iddalai
author=Dudesoft
P....pokemon Go.

No Dudesoft! Come back to the light! :P
I'm doing a Trails in the Sky SC Nightmare run with the same restrictions as before.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Remember a while back when I kept complaining about the magic resistant bosses in my Dark Souls 3 sorcerer run? Man, those were the days, weren't they? Me coming on the internet to whine about bosses that just happened to be resistant to the one form of offense I was allowed? Convincing myself, desperately fighting a losing battle to withhold my tears of rage, I'll be able to steamroll every boss once I boost my intelligence high enough?

I wish I could go back to those days. Back to the days of a bright-eyed and innocent little Nova, ignorant to the true horror that awaited his eager self. I would grab the controller from that poor boy's hands, pleading with him to get out while he still could. Before the last of his joy was snuffed out like a candle.

See, there was this one boss I kept forgetting, nay, repressing in the back of my mind. A boss that I knew I had to deal with, but whose every attack pattern was the bane of my build and my existence:

Aldrich, Devourer of Gods.

Not only was my build the magical equivalent of a glass cannon, but Aldrich's insane magical resistance meant that the only way for me to deal damage was to adopt an entirely new moveset by switching my staff hand to an Estoc and constantly casting Great Magic Weapon. One single hit, one tiny little graze,* destroys my puny little health bar.

If I was going to win against this late game boss, I had to fight it without taking a single hit. There could be no mistakes. No margin for error. No lapse in concentration. It had to be perfect. Go big or go home.

Anri. Oh dear Anri of Astora. You are truly a saint, you know? When we met in the Road of Sacrifices, I knew you were this generation's Solaire and Lucatiel. I knew you would have my back every step of the way. I relied on you. I trusted you.

In the Smoldering Lake, I stopped your Hollowed companion from claiming your life. In Irythill, I saved you from that assassin hiding in the bonfire room. When you arrived at your destination and confronted the Aldrich of your world, you cried for help via summon sign. And who answered your call time and time again knowing that, for every death I suffer in your world, I would be forced to subject myself to it again in my own.

But then, when it came time for ME to face Aldrich in my own world, you were nowhere to be found. You had left, your task completed, forcing me to confront him alone. Anri, you have spat in the face of the one who pulled you back up time and time again. Uncaring, unfeeling, to the suffering of the one who ensured your survival until now.

Now here I stand. Beaten and scarred beyond recognition. Countless deaths, each one a permanent brand on my psyche, add to a total that I've long since stopped tracking. But the task is done. Aldrich has finally fallen. In one single, solitary run, I faced the Devourer of Gods on his own terms and prevailed without so much as a scratch. But at what cost? I feel empty. Unfulfilled. One might even say... Hollow.

I only have three bosses left before the end, so I am too far deep into the nightmare to stop now. I must continue, bearing the ever-increasing burden of loneliness and betrayal. There is no light left in my world. My fire has faded. Only Dark remains.

I hope you're proud of yourself, Dark Souls. You've left me a broken man.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
author=Dudesoft
P....pokemon Go.

Watch out if you hit any walls or poles along the way. Don't poke and drive.

I also found a funny sign at the park where there was "No Pokemon Here"
Obviously stating the fact you can't go past this point. Only because our
park was being recovered at the Rockhampton Cyclone.

https://media.apnarm.net.au/img/media/images/2016/07/12/pokemon_go-m5ev3hfadsfhtx27jm2.jpgbig Some comic made by some guy Harrty, big image soz
I started playing some World of Warcraft... Been about 10 years...

A lot has changed, I enjoy the massive world.
I enjoy how simple the game is too. It's relaxing.
I look forward to PVPing, or reaching the endgame. (never have)

I have a Goblin Shaman and a Gnome Shadow Priest.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Act IV for Kentucky Route Zero is out. I guess I will play it later today.