WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I keep forgetting how short Parasite Eve actually was. I've been more or less able to do one in-game day per session, and I'm up to Day 5 now.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Started my trek into No Man's Sky. It is exactly what I was expecting. Going from planet to planet discovering flora and fauna of alien terrain. Getting into space dogfights. Blasting open run down alien outposts. Locating rare alien artifacts. Interacting with aliens themselves, trading resources.
I was overly pleased when I got to a planet that was much like Red Planet's Mars. It had a sister planet that was a tropical rainforest with herbivores. There was also a moon, and a space station. It was the last leg of the tutorial. Now I have warp drive technology and a warp drive fuel drive recipe at my disposal. While a tad tedius, as you have to find and mine minerals, it is still pretty fun!
My next jump before I saved landed me in a new solar system with a space station, a giant battleship, and a brand new planet to experience.
Another NoMan in the No Man's Sky here... And I totally... named... a planet...
..... Bob.....

Couldn't resist x,D
Currently playing:

PS3 - FF13-2
Xbox 360 - State of Decay
PC - Soma Spirits and Shattered Hourglass
Dudesoft
author=Lucy_Fox
Another NoMan in the No Man's Sky here... And I totally... named... a planet...
..... Bob.....

Couldn't resist x,D

LOL, I bet there will be many-a-Bob.
I am waiting to find the perfect world and name it after my Dude's Adventure/Quest of Dude series.
Marrend
With Parasite Eve now done, this leaves Castlevanina - Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy 8 for my PS1 games that have yet to be played on ePSXe. I'm tending toward FF8, but, I don't need to decide right away.

As for my play-through of Final Fantasy 10 I'm about at the point where Operation Mi'hen is going to commence. Sometimes, I think the only thing the Church of Yevon actually cares about is the cycle death. Operation Mi'hen really only serves them in that it "proves" that Sin cannot be "defeated" outside the Final Aeon. It seems to almost not matter that precepts are being disobeyed, and that "forbidden" machina are being used. So long as the cycle of Sin dying, and being reborn through the Final Aeon, continues, that is the only thing that really matters.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Completed my Firered run only using Pokemon I haven't used before for, the end result being;
(Keeper)Marowak lvl 46
(Aquea)Seadra lvl50
(Ivan)Venusaur lvl48
(Chloe)Clefable lvl47
(Paera)Persian lvl 45
(Fearow)Freind lvl 53
Barely managed to get the victory against the champion, but I did it!

Next up, Ruby!
Current team:
(Slakoth)Xyla Lvl 11
(Nincada)Kyu Lvl 12
(Treecko)Gex Lvl 15

Wonder who I've never used before... I'll know once I see them!
I'll probably use Barboach for surfing purposes.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=Marrend
Castlevanina - Symphony of the Night

Seriously, symphony is such a well made gem. PSOne voice acting is gold, too.
Dudesoft
author=Seiromem
Completed my Firered run only using Pokemon I haven't used before for, the end result being;
(Keeper)Marowak lvl 46
(Aquea)Seadra lvl50
(Ivan)Venusaur lvl48
(Chloe)Clefable lvl47
(Paera)Persian lvl 45
(Fearow)Freind lvl 53
Barely managed to get the victory against the champion, but I did it!

Next up, Ruby!
Current team:
(Slakoth)Xyla Lvl 11
(Nincada)Kyu Lvl 12
(Treecko)Gex Lvl 15

Wonder who I've never used before... I'll know once I see them!
I'll probably use Barboach for surfing purposes.

I wish these games had multiple save slots so I could try things like this without shelling out for a new cart.
Great idea.
I finally managed to complete a Travel Journal run on One Way Heroics Plus.
Dudesoft
Playing No Man's Sky is like what Spore should have been. And a little of what Spore turned out to be. With a side of same-ish animals, worlds and plants. I'm getting a bit bored, yet somehow still enjoy it.

Sadly, this is not the replacement for Grand Theft Auto I was looking for, as far as pick-up-and-play games go.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
No Man's Sky ain't great. Or at least, it's not worth full price. Past the first six hours, the seams start to show - maybe even sooner for us game designers here, as you can pinpoint exactly what/how everything is templated and repeated, and the notion of "discovering" things is completely gone. It would be a decent $20 "chill out after work and mine space rocks for a half hour" game if they'd give an option to completely remove the terrible, terrible combat.

Oh, well. The new Deus Ex is out next week, at least!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Sated
I'm playing Europa Universalis again because I'm a fucking masochist...

Try EU IV. It got many improvements over the original.

I'm playing Clouds of Xeen (just some four hours in).
Revisiting Wild ARMS 3 as I patiently wait for Dragon Quest VII 3DS.
Marrend
author=Cap_H

I cannot play just Clouds. I must always follow up with Darkside, then the combined-game quest. The M&M game that's been on my to-replay list since forever has been Mandate of Heaven.

Though, the one thing I think is the worst, absolute BS, about that game is how the game has players get the Master rank in Light Magic. The requirement is that the party's reputation has to be the most positive it can be, and I always find it exceptionally hard to achieve that.

What really pisses me off about that requirement is that I'm pretty sure using Light Magic doesn't move your reputation in a positive way to counteract the effect of using Dark Magic, which definitely moves the party's reputation in a negative way. To say nothing of the plot-event that sets your reputation to the absolute worst in can be, regardless of where it was before.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Still playing Amplitude when I'm not playing Overwatch and/or between new releases. Just a friendly reminder that it exists. It's good. Go buy it. And it turns out the Ballmer Peak applies to rhythm games as well! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXPNPmelcK4
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I GET TO PLAY OVERWATCH AGAIN NOW
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Marrend
author=Cap_H
I cannot play just Clouds. I must always follow up with Darkside, then the combined-game quest. The M&M game that's been on my to-replay list since forever has been Mandate of Heaven.

Though, the one thing I think is the worst, absolute BS, about that game is how the game has players get the Master rank in Light Magic. The requirement is that the party's reputation has to be the most positive it can be, and I always find it exceptionally hard to achieve that.

What really pisses me off about that requirement is that I'm pretty sure using Light Magic doesn't move your reputation in a positive way to counteract the effect of using Dark Magic, which definitely moves the party's reputation in a negative way. To say nothing of the plot-event that sets your reputation to the absolute worst in can be, regardless of where it was before.

It's World of Xeen. But I'm on clouds content.