WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

author=Hexatona
author=Punk_Kricket
Envision le me, finally managing to get my mech in Xenoblade Chronicles X, and is excited.

Now, take that vision of me and then make it freak out because he has no clue how to spec his new mech. %_%
EVERY POINT -> LUK

ABSOLUTE FLAWLESS PLAN

1000 VICTORIES

BRILLIANT!

I did figure out a cheap way to spam kill foes. :P G-buster blades. BRINGING DA SWORD OF JUSTICE UPON MUH FOES!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
What I should be playing: Touhou Fantasy and Super Toaster X

What I'm actually playing: FF8 and FF10
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I've been playing a lot of Path of Exile, a little bit of Skyrim, and a disgusting amount of Overwatch.

Going to pick up 7th Dragon III this morning. I would have just downloaded it last night, but I want to see if there's a pre-owned version at the local shop. I didn't know it was ouuuutttttt, LouisCyphre and I have been trying to play one since the PSP game

edit: i still play hearthstone off and on, too. today's season rewards really want me to play more hunter

Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I high recommend you do so! I'm enjoying it so far.

Going on a date with the insane-looking Rune-Knight character is worth the price of admission. I mean, the dates aren't that great, but her insane look with come-hither music going on is just... yes.
Marrend
Started Xenosaga Episode 1 about a day ago. The frame rate's not exactly consistent, and save points are sometimes broken, but, I think I can manage, thanks to saved saves.

I'm trying to get back to Child of Light. It's an okay game. Though, with how infrequently I play it, there's a sense of it being a "one-and-done" game. That and poor Mass Effect, which has been an ongoing project since it was gifted to me last Christmas.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=Marrend
Started Xenosaga Episode 1 about a day ago. The frame rate's not exactly consistent, and save points are sometimes broken, but, I think I can manage, thanks to saved saves.

Wait, what's wrong with the save points? I've played through Xenosaga a few times, never had this problem.

---

I was bored and perusing my steam Library last night.

Played "Enemy Mind" which is nice and certainly follows up the space-shooter genre with a nice new mechanic and standard existential wtf as with the other greats in the genre.

I also played (and finished) the game "Out There Somewhere" which is fun and certainly worth the measly dollar it will cost you. My only irk with the game is that there's pretty much no way you'd ever be able to get every item in your first run through - you have to know where they are before hand in a small few occasions and prepare accordingly, or they're lost forever. Thankfully, the game can be completed in like 25 minutes once you know what you're doing, but your first run through will be likely over an hour.
Marrend
I sometimes get jumped to the PS2 "Browser" sub-menu when trying to save. Though, from what I can tell from the forums for PCX2, this is a "known issue" for the game. The comments specifically mention the "main" save point on the Elsa and in Shion's room on the Woglinde as being bugged out this way, and even outright suggested using saved states to bypass the issue until it can be resolved.

I didn't look into the thread far enough to see if there was a version of the emulator where this issue was fixed, though. Might be something to look up at some point.

In any event, I was looking in my game archive, and decided to give Star Control - Time Warp a whirl. This particular version is years old, but, I think the project still exists on sourceforge.net?
Marrend
I didn't expect Child of Light to be over so soon. I was expecting at least one more dungeon/area between fighting Nox and Umbra. It was an okay game, definitely tending on the "one and done" side of the equation... did I say something like this before? Like, say, three posts ago?

Anyway, I'm left with Xenosaga 1 and... Mass Effect? Eh-he eh-he eh-he eh-he welp.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Wait until you get to Xenosaga Ep. 2. Then the real tearing out your hair starts.

If it's any consolation, Xenosaga Ep. 3 is almost worth the pain of Ep. 2
Just solo'd a DLC boss on Dark Souls 2, and now working my way through Anal Rodeo on Dark Souls 1. Quite hyped for the Dark Souls 3 DLC. I'm also thoroughly enjoying Mankind Divided, and every now and then I give Minecraft a whirl.
Mafia III pulls no punches. I'm very impressed with this game's willingness to approach the issue of race openly, especially with its setting.

Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
My copy of Mafia 3 ought to arrive today. I'm usually not big on open-world games (Far Cry 3 and AssCreed 2 have been the big exceptions in my history), but I'm giving it a shot.

Also this is from my Gamefly queue. It made me laugh.

Craze
don't play xenosaga 2

play xenosaga 1 up through the mission to find the zohar inside the space whale, then just watch the albedo intro scene

then watch the opening cinematic to xenosaga 2 because it's so good

and then just play xenosaga 3: a real game

mog that is interesting how they put it in. a shame the game is a bit fucky technically, lol (at least on pc). i like the MC's design a lot from what i've seen.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I warned you, dog.

I warned you about Xenosaga 2.

I cheated my way through it as hard as I possibly could and even I almost completely lost patience with it.
Marrend
I found Xenosaga 2 more bearable with cheats, but... yeah, it's still really bad.

*Edit: Funnily enough, I'm somewhere in Cathedral Ship.
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
author=Marrend
I found Xenosaga 2 more bearable with cheats, but... yeah, it's still really bad.

How come? :P
Marrend
The game is an absolute slog to play. Like, it literally feels like you're moving at the speed of a slug. Couple that with how the Global Samaritan Campaign (ie: the way the game keeps track of side-quests) is deliberately made to have players go back and forth between... I think it's the Kukai Foundation and Second Miltia as many times as possible.

The combat engine took a pretty big hit too. It's kinda hard to explain where they went wrong here, because they did almost everything wrong.

*Edit: I just remember how Ziggy and chaos could hit into the "ground" zone, how Jin and KOS-MOS could hit into the "air" zone, while Junior, MOMO, and Shion could hit anywhere, but could not change zones by themselves.
Craze
i did no sidemissions because i never found any

literally could not beat albedo inside sakura because i had a SINGLE combo move... maybe. i might just be remembering videos of other people beating him. i think it was kos-mos and chaos dancing, which is admittedly one of the best-looking ones.

combo moves and shion's outfit are the only good thing about that game. i had a poster of shion2 on my wall for a long time as a teen.

the battle system is an AMAZING idea. ffxiii did it far, far better though. xs2 is just bad execution all-around.

my favorite part of the xenosaga series is not that xenosaga 2 is a slow-paced slog, that chaos makes no sense, or that shion's hospital scene is censored without blood so it looks ridiculous... no, my favorite part is that it's a space opera with a forest dungeon in every game. the third game has two, i think. what the fuck, xenosaga.

edit: the worst part of the series is that ziggy loses meteor kick in 2/3
I've been playing 7th Dragon Code VFD iii or whatever hell the title is.

Quite enjoying it. Gives me Etrian Odyssey vibes but it's a whole lot easier/faster paced, which is a good change of pace for what I've been playing this year. I think I'm getting close to the end. I wish the others came out in the USA. I know there's a translation of the first one, I should try that.

I also started Paper Mario Color Splash. Not far in it yet, but I can safely say I'm enjoying it a lot more than Sticker Star (I still enjoyed that one too, but it was a clear decline). The battles are still a bit iffy but I'm loving the world and music.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=zDS
I've been playing 7th Dragon Code VFD iii or whatever hell the title is.

Quite enjoying it. Gives me Etrian Odyssey vibes but it's a whole lot easier/faster paced, which is a good change of pace for what I've been playing this year. I think I'm getting close to the end. I wish the others came out in the USA. I know there's a translation of the first one, I should try that.

I also started Paper Mario Color Splash. Not far in it yet, but I can safely say I'm enjoying it a lot more than Sticker Star (I still enjoyed that one too, but it was a clear decline). The battles are still a bit iffy but I'm loving the world and music.

There's a translation of two of the 7th Dragon games. The first for the DS, and the First PSP game, 7th Dragon 2020.