WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Let me tell you about Thumper.

No, it's not a cartoon rabbit, or a competitor in Twisted Metal, but a nightmarish industrial hellscape posing as a rhythm game.

It's pretty great. And it's in VR, too, just in case your subconscious puts up a fight.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i don't think i can play thumper given how the sound of it tingles some things in my head similar to why i can't play hotline miami (the art style and soundtrack trigger paranoia in me), but from the few videos i've browsed it looks like a game that deserves attention and praise

zDS
I've been playing 7th Dragon Code VFD iii or whatever hell the title is.

Quite enjoying it. Gives me Etrian Odyssey vibes but it's a whole lot easier/faster paced, which is a good change of pace for what I've been playing this year. I think I'm getting close to the end. I wish the others came out in the USA. I know there's a translation of the first one, I should try that.

I wish I could hold a button to double-speed battle animations, but yeah, it's quite good. I need to look up EO5 to see if it added sound bytes, because EO4 completely renewed the series for me (after EO3 lost my interest almost completely) but the spark of character I got from PQ (an otherwise terrible game) and 7DIII:C:VFD having voice adds so much to dungeon crawls. If EO5 is EO4 with more personality from the PCs, i'll be quite pleased.

i think i'm down to about 205~ dragons left.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Picture this:

You've been playing a jRPG for a whole hour since your last save. You've perilously made your way through countless traps, fought monsters with instant-death spells, rationed your MP like no-one's business and your MC has a horrible status ailment that can only be cured at the Healing Fountain.

Now, FINALLY, you've reached the Healing Fountain. Your MP's back up to max levels and your MC's fit as a fiddle.

HOWEVER.....even one hour later, you have yet to reach another save-point. While realising this, you're thrust into a random encounter.

The enemy attacks first and confuses your most powerful party member.

Said party member attacks your MC....killing them with one hit.

Game Over.

This is Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

...and to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Yellow Magic, you might get a kick out of this:

(skip to 0:48 for actual list)

... I want to get Nocturne so badly.
Yellow Magic
LOL holy crap I'm dying. Can 100% relate to almost all of these. My favourite is the demon negotiation one at no. 9

And yeah, despite the incredible amount of SMTBS, Nocturne is still worth a shot. I'm playing through it a second time! It's character-building. No joke.
author=Craze
I wish I could hold a button to double-speed battle animations, but yeah, it's quite good. I need to look up EO5 to see if it added sound bytes, because EO4 completely renewed the series for me (after EO3 lost my interest almost completely) but the spark of character I got from PQ (an otherwise terrible game) and 7DIII:C:VFD having voice adds so much to dungeon crawls. If EO5 is EO4 with more personality from the PCs, i'll be quite pleased.

i think i'm down to about 205~ dragons left.

I have plenty of small issues with 7DIII:C:VFD, such as the battle speed. Overall, the game pleased me enough. It's not nearly as good as EO, but it was a pleasant experience. I beat it a couple of days ago. I built my team well enough to have 97% of random encounters be dealt with in one move and most dragon fights in 2 turns. The story started rather stale, but it got quite fun at the end for me.

I think there are simply too many dragon fights, but I will say it was satisfying to see the number go all the way down to 1.

I also never got tired of Etrian Odyssey yet. I even did the Untold remakes. I DESPISED the story mode in Untold 1. The story mode characters (while being annoying as fuck) did have some personality in the dungeons. They commented on stuff in the dungeon randomly, like when a shortcut was near. Or when I went to the entrance a character loved to say "COME ON, HURRY UP ALREADY" thus legitimately pissing me off on multiple occasions. I'm not sure, but I think 5 might have a similar voice acting option to 7th dragon when creating a character. Don't quote me on that, because I've been keeping myself blind to the game for a long time now.

I did Untold 2 on Classic, but the difficulty was so hard that I'd rather play Dark Souls without a weapon than do that again. I feel like the Classic Etrian Oydssey difficult option on Untold 2 is too hard and the Standard difficulty is too easy. There's no middle ground anymore, but I'd rather have EO too hard than too easy. Like, EO was always on the difficult side, but not THAT bad.

I'm just glad Yuzo Koshiro is still doing the music. I worship that guy. I look forward to EO5's soundtrack very much, but I refuse to hear it until I actually play it lol.

Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=Yellow Magic
LOL holy crap I'm dying. Can 100% relate to almost all of these. My favourite is the demon negotiation one at no. 9

And yeah, despite the incredible amount of SMTBS, Nocturne is still worth a shot. I'm playing through it a second time! It's character-building. No joke.

Haha yeah. My favorite one is no. 2. Everything, EVERYTHING that could have gone wrong did.

I'll certainly get Nocturne once I find the time. I'm already suffering enough fighting every boss in Dark Souls 2 barehanded, so I'll hopefully have enough character built up by then to withstand the BS.
I started Nocturne a couple years ago. I played like 4-5 hours. I reeeeally liked it. I ended up losing my file (and most my other files I ever had on any game ): ) and I haven't forced myself to start it back up yet again. I wish it was on Vita so I could play at work.
Red_Nova
Stop talking about how awesome Nocturne is! I can only resist temptation for so long!!
I also have SMT 4 Apocalypse UNOPENED in my room. Clearing some backlog before I start it.
Yellow Magic
author=Red_Nova
Stop talking about how awesome Nocturne is! I can only resist temptation for so long!!
To be fair in terms of difficulty it's probably not as gut-wrenching as Dark Souls 2 (barehanded). Still a hell of a ride though - it's got the most surreal yet beautiful atmosphere out of almost any game I've played.

author=zDS
I also have SMT 4 Apocalypse UNOPENED in my room. Clearing some backlog before I start it.
I'll play it if you can send it over ;_;
Red_Nova
author=Yellow Magic
author=zDS

I'll play it if you can send it over ;_;

Not if I steal it first!
Craze
wow that really is the FO4/ME route

amusingly it probably works far better here than FO4

also woooo arsenal (i only like arsenal because i spent the summer working with a lad who likes arsenal and i watched one of their games at the pub (and by that i mean i ate fish & chips (in america) while the lad watched the game on our time off))

i am level 68 in path of exile ~~~~~~ sadly almost all of my unique items are for a ranger build. i guess i should do that ranger build. i've been enjoying this wand though http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Apep%27s_Rage it works well enough with my zombies + incinerate build
I decided to dust off Path of Exile and made a new summoner. I've so far made it to the point where I can use maps and I've run a few. The summons are starting to become killable now. Other than at the very beginning, your summons are nearly unkillable in story mode.

I've also played some dark souls. I'm slowly slogging trough new game+. It's not really hard contrary to what I've heard, but I only rarely feel like playing it. The problem with new game+ is that there's very little character building left outside of gaining soul levels, you already have all the equipment you can get.
Craze
civ 6. i won it in a giveaway. let's do this shit.
I'm actually interested in trying Path of Exile out. Never really played a Diablo-like before. Is it a game I can enjoy solo? Is the co-op good?

Also, how is the game structured? Is there a hub town and you just choose dungeons?
author=zDS
I'm actually interested in trying Path of Exile out. Never really played a Diablo-like before. Is it a game I can enjoy solo? Is the co-op good?

Also, how is the game structured? Is there a hub town and you just choose dungeons?

Like any MMO, it's better if you can socialize but totally playable solo.

There's a town, then a series of maps until you reach the next town. Some maps have optional side maps. Each town marks a new "act"

I loved PoE at the start but I don't like the direction they took with balancing