WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Right now, I'm mid-way into chapter four (final chapter) of Dragon Quest Builders. I've enjoyed it, however with many complaints. If they build a new one (aha), I hope they improve on some controls and camera work, or at least let it be a little more modifiable.

Edit: And I finished DQBuilders last night. Kinda cool ending, until post-credits, then it's like "aw come on man".
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Trihan
I've been playing a crapton of Shop Heroes

i had to take another month break but i've been playing it since shortly after it came out... gets exhausting sometimes, though. i'm glad it's designed to easily jump in/out of though.

Lucy_Fox
And I finished Planescape Torment... damn, that's a great piece of software.. I'll miss my companions. We had a great journey together. ;_;
Especially Morte! <3

morte is definitely one of the best companions in any game. if you don't include morte in your party forever, you're doing it wrong.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I am SO GODDAMNED looking forward to playing Planescape torment.

I've been putting it off, actually.

I wanted to play Baldur's Gate series + Arcanum, just so it wasn't a chore to go back to them. Well, I might skip Arcanum.

(oh wait, crap, I've also got All of Geneforge and Avernum, but I think I'll go BG THEN PT)
Craze
do any of you like banished? did you wish it was slightly less depressing and had combat?

Northgard on steam early access is the hot new "i hate this game 10/10" stress vehicle for you, then!

some other random screengrabs:

http://puu.sh/ugXHP/6223ab2750.jpg
it's lighter on micromanagement of buildings and no roads or anything; the map is split into distinct areas that have certain perks/drawbacks

http://puu.sh/ugXTp/eaf9d85545.jpg

EVIL VALKYRIES
Sailerius
did someone say angels
I started playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's a very polished and pretty game, and it tries to be a combination of MGSV + The Witcher 3, but imo it kind of takes the shallowest elements of both and ends up a kind of generic experience. I'm reserving judgment until I get further in, but so far I've been pretty let down. The writing is pretty poor, which I wouldn't normally get too hung up on for an open world action/adventure game, but it keeps insisting on these linear, story-heavy segments when it really sucks at story.

Normally the story is what I'm most interested in, but in games like this where not much thought is put into it, I'm eager to just get on with the show and enjoy the gameplay.
From what I've seen of the story for Horizon: Zero Dawn, it's pretty good (been watching an LP since I don't have a PS4). I'm half considering getting a PS4 just to get that game. Alas, my lack of funds, though. orz

I've been consoling myself by finally getting Dragon Age: Inquisition. It's pretty and so far, fun. Sidequests galore. :D
author=Hexatona

I wanted to play Baldur's Gate series + Arcanum, just so it wasn't a chore to go back to them. Well, I might skip Arcanum.

(oh wait, crap, I've also got All of Geneforge and Avernum, but I think I'll go BG THEN PT)

Geneforge! Its great, but so infuriating at points. Second game is game is much less rage inducing than the first. You'll know the areas when you come to them. Also the writing and atmoshpere of that series is top notch. >.> Though Planescap: Torment is my favorite crpg of its type...hmmm.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=Delsin7
author=Hexatona

Geneforge! Its great, but so infuriating at points. Second game is game is much less rage inducing than the first. You'll know the areas when you come to them. Also the writing and atmoshpere of that series is top notch. >.> Though Planescap: Torment is my favorite crpg of its type...hmmm.

Apparently, the best thing for Geneforge 1 is to play the assassic type person and forgo creatures at all (Kinda like the best strategy in Azure dreams is to ignore your mons, stay on each floor as much as possible, and focus on upgrading your gold sword.)

Anyhoo ~

I (finally!) started playing Tales of Xillia for the first time last night! Man, the game is incredibly beautiful. The feel of the game really reminds me of Final Fantasy XII, which I adored. Combat is good, like pretty much all tales games - and I'm liking that whole Linked Combat dealie a lot. I'm not a huge fan of the size of the environments and how many enemies are there, but it's not like you can't avoid them. I'm super duper looking forward to this game ^_^.

I'm honestly surprised to see an MC focused on Fist attacks again. The last time that happened was Legendia for me, which as most tales fans know as an unfortunately timed game.
author=Liberty
From what I've seen of the story for Horizon: Zero Dawn, it's pretty good (been watching an LP since I don't have a PS4). I'm half considering getting a PS4 just to get that game. Alas, my lack of funds, though. orz

I just can't take Zero Dawn's premise seriously at all, and honestly think that at least half of all the games on here have better ones. It's one thing when the world functions according to the rules wholly different from our own: it's another when the entire premise requires a long-standing and consistent series of actions against one's self-interest. Literally, why would any AI capable of overpowering humans then choose to waste its limited resources on painstakingly replicating what, to its perspective, is nothing more but long-irrelevant evolutionary dead ends, many of which make them more vulnerable to the remaining humans?

It's so pointless and wasteful, when its ultimate interest clearly lies in spreading out across the stars, existing there eternally. They wouldn't need to bother with humans at all then: just let them live out their lives on their oh-so precious blue rock, until some inevitable asteroid comes around. Perhaps they do manage to address this somehow, but I'm not bothered enough to trawl the LPs to find out.
Craze
Hexatona
I'm honestly surprised to see an MC focused on Fist attacks again. The last time that happened was Legendia for me, which as most tales fans know as an unfortunately timed game.

there's far, far more unfortunate things about it than timing
Final Fantasy Type-0 was lowkey 'pretty good' but it could have been amazing. Worth a try, though. Just beat it not too long ago, eventually will shoot through New Game+.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=Hexatona
I (finally!) started playing Tales of Xillia for the first time last night! Man, the game is incredibly beautiful. The feel of the game really reminds me of Final Fantasy XII, which I adored. Combat is good, like pretty much all tales games - and I'm liking that whole Linked Combat dealie a lot. I'm not a huge fan of the size of the environments and how many enemies are there, but it's not like you can't avoid them. I'm super duper looking forward to this game ^_^.

Tales of Xillia is awesome and you will love it. Xillia 2 outdoes the original in almost every way, especially if you grew attached to the cast of Xillia 1. Unfortunately, it also started the terrible trend of giving players control over the camera and flat, boring level design.

I'm still going through Berseria. It's hilarious how easily Velvet breaks the game. She's seriously the most broken of any character in the series that I know of. Consuming Claw -> spam Hidden Artes -> Break Arte almost always ensures stunning/killing multiple enemies to give her more SG to repeat the cycle. On Intense difficulty, I can chain three to four battles at once and solo them all with Velvet.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=Feldschlacht IV
Final Fantasy Type-0 was lowkey 'pretty good' but it could have been amazing. Worth a try, though. Just beat it not too long ago, eventually will shoot through New Game+.

The one thing I heard was that if you spend the time to talk to EVERYONE all the time, you start to see what's really going on behind the scenes.

author=Red_Nova
author=Hexatona

Tales of Xillia is awesome and you will love it. Xillia 2 outdoes the original in almost every way, especially if you grew attached to the cast of Xillia 1. Unfortunately, it also started the terrible trend of giving players control over the camera and flat, boring level design.

I'm still going through Berseria. It's hilarious how easily Velvet breaks the game. She's seriously the most broken of any character in the series that I know of. Consuming Claw -> spam Hidden Artes -> Break Arte almost always ensures stunning/killing multiple enemies to give her more SG to repeat the cycle. On Intense difficulty, I can chain three to four battles at once and solo them all with Velvet.

I have loved literally every Tales game I played, even Dawn of The New World and Legendia, so I am sure I will love this one super duper hard.

UUUUGHHHHH I'm so jealous of you being able to play Berseria. I DL'd the demo on my laptop, and even on bone dry settings the game plays at like... a crawl...

( T_T)
Craze
have you made sure it's using your graphics card? the demo used my integrated card at first.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
>have you made sure it's using your graphics card?

Oh Craze, you think I can afford a laptop with a graphics card. You are adorbs.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
newegg.com, Hexatona. It's like Steam sales but with hardware.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Recently finished Gravity Rush 2 - including all the sidequests, and damn were they good - will be starting Tales of Berseria today. Pretty psyched.

In the meantime I've been playing quite a bit of Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links. I was initially skeptical because of what I thought were arbitrary limits on certain mechanics (e.g. only 4000 LP each, 20-30 cards per deck and 3 monster and magic/trap cards max on each side of the field), but actually playing the game, the limits make alot of sense in this mobile format. End of the day it's still Yu-Gi-Oh through and through.

Also, loving the fact that it's the characters from the original series that are in this game, with voice-acting too. I'm enjoying playing as Kaiba because of all his trash talking ("You're a third-rate duelist with a fourth-rate deck!"), and can't wait to put that wasteman Yugi Muto in his place.

TL;DR Niantic needs to take notes from Duel Links because it does everything Pokémon Go does, better.
author=Hexatona

So I just randomly browsed this thread so I'm a bit late to the party but...

If you're going to skip anything skip Baldur's Gate.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=Shinan
author=Hexatona

REALLY!?

That's a pretty unexpected opinion. Can you elaborate on that for me?
author=Hexatona
author=Shinan
author=Hexatona

REALLY!?

That's a pretty unexpected opinion. Can you elaborate on that for me?

Well, Baldur's Gate is considered to be the most generic of the "Golden Age" CRPGs by far, (with the possible exception of Icewind Dale + Temple of the Elemental Evil, but both of those are appreciated more for their combat system then anything else.) so that's probably the reason why. Plus, Pillars of Eternity now does many of the same things it did, even practically replicating the pointers. That's about the extent of my knowledge, gathered from times lurking at our riotpixels.com, where 99% of users practically pray on all those games.