WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Finally finished Yakuza 5, and jesus the finale was bad.

FINAL BOSS #1: Okay the plot twist from a bit ago is that I'm not really dead, also that scene earlier where I was menacingly with the big bad guy was mostly jibberish that didn't fit anywhere. Anyways even though we're brothers it's time to fight or else an assassin will kill the main character's adoptive daughter!

BRUISER CHARACTER: Ok! btw a whole lot about brotherhood

FB#1: More about brotherhood, also holy fuck I am fast and hard to hit

BC: Okay now that I won we had no plan of how to keep the daughter from getting assassinated so I hope it'll turn out alright
----

FINAL BOSS #2: You know what, maybe I won't assassinate a little girl on stage in front of 50,000 people

THE WORST PLAYABLE CHARACTER: Hold it! I won't let you off that easily! I still need a final boss!

FB#2: W-what? Who are you?

TWPC: Let's fight!

FB#2: Why? I'm not going to assassinate a girl, also you're the worst playable character and I'm going to kick your ass.

TWPC: Don't worry, I planned ahead and my inventory is full of healing items and I know I'm going to literally use every single one!

---

FINAL BOSS #3: Hey, it's me again! The villain from your side of the story! Also I was a miniboss about 20 minutes ago before the first two final bosses and you kicked my ass and I ran away but now I'm back and found a knife. That's it.

FAST CHARACTER: Uh, alright.

FB#3: Also after you deal with the mobs and one life bar you'll kick my knife away and I'll 80% revert to my minoboss form and get stomped. Also after the fight I'm just going to get back up again with barely a scratch and only finally be defeated when all your buddies show up and I give up.

---

FINAL FINAL BOSS: Hey, remember me!

PLAYER: No.

MAIN CHARACTER: Yes.

FFB: I showed up for about an hour at the very start of the game, then about 10m into the final chapter where I was getting my ass kicked while mad that my sworn brother was dead (who I killed btw) and got stomped by Bruiser Character. Also I'm going to punch you because I want to prove I'm the best, a new dream of mine that just came up at the start of this scene. I don't give a fuck about the machinations of the main bad guy (who is coughing up blood and out of it after FB#2 because his plan failed). Let's fight.

MAIN CHARACTER: *insert cool speech here, throws off shirt*
---

It's a case study of a plot that overextended itself and doesn't seem to have a plan of how to wrap everything up. Previous Yakuza games have had similar issues but not on this scale. Yakuza 4 went with four main playable characters and four final bosses and while it had some issues at least each Character:FinalBoss pairing at least knew each other. Final Boss #2 and the playable character who fights him (who is also awful at everything) have literally never met, the PC only knows FB#2 at all because of what another PC told him, and they don't even have a great reason to fight since FB#2 couldn't go through with the evil plot and was literally bailing when the PC arrived to fight him.

However the actual final final boss was cool in terms of set pieces, the boss was cool and tough, and the music kicked ass.

With Y5 completed I bought Nier Automata and Oceanhorn. Oceanhorn is kinda nonplussing, Nier Automata is cool.
I finally decided to get back in to Witcher since I've time to kill while sick. Not sure if it's the illness or me, but first thing I did was die to a pack of Level 1 wild dogs. I'm on level 4.

I then attacked some elves because they were being assholes. Problem? They'd taken my swords before-hand so I had to go bare-handed. Didn't work as well as it sounds. I died a few times because I'm stubborn when it comes to keeping to my choices in role-play-heavy games. Judicious use of bombs and fire destroyed them eventually.

Then I ran into a bear.

So, yeah, I'm dying a lot but hey, I'm enjoying it at least. I should get better at it when I've kicked this cold, though.

About Neir:Automata. I watched an LP of it and decided that it wasn't a game I was ever going to buy. I liked the music and I liked the story itself and some parts look neato, but frankly, it's not my kind of game and if I had ever picked it up it would have been left on the shelf. I'm glad that it's got a lot of love from people, though - it deserves it - it's just really not my kind of game. XD

I also need to finish off Berseria. Gotten to the last dungeon (holy fucksticks is it long! Too long!) and put it down since there was just too much. I mean, sure, last dungeons are usually long dungeons but Berseria (like most Tales games, I've found) has an issue with overly-large maps as it is. Throw in a stupidly large dungeon, with no shortcuts until you unlock them (and even those are after a lot of stupid-long wandering around) and you have a recipe for overdose. It's just too, too much and there's nothing to really hold your interest that long because it all looks the same. To give you an idea, I've been in the goddamn dungeon for almost 2 hours. That's too fucking long. Way too fucking long. Berseria why? ;.;

--------------------------------

Sorry to hear of your pain, GRS. At least the music was kickin'~
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Oceanhorn is a decent game. I never cared enough to beat it, but i appreciated what it was trying to do.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=Liberty
I also need to finish off Berseria. Gotten to the last dungeon (holy fucksticks is it long! Too long!) and put it down since there was just too much. I mean, sure, last dungeons are usually long dungeons but Berseria (like most Tales games, I've found) has an issue with overly-large maps as it is. Throw in a stupidly large dungeon, with no shortcuts until you unlock them (and even those are after a lot of stupid-long wandering around) and you have a recipe for overdose. It's just too, too much and there's nothing to really hold your interest that long because it all looks the same. To give you an idea, I've been in the goddamn dungeon for almost 2 hours. That's too fucking long. Way too fucking long. Berseria why? ;.;

Yes, Tales of Games always have this problem. By the time you are starting to get a bit sick of the experience and want to power on through - that's when it stops playing Mr. Nice Guy with dungeons. Huge maps, confusing door ways, tons of back tracking, dungeon spanning puzzles, monster out the wazoo, long battles. You can't even just say fuckit and ignore all treasure chests and shoot for the end - because it's just not an option. And the giant room-spanning puzzles are almost always some insane troll logic. It really goes to show you how nice they were being before.

Liberal use Gamefaqs and Holy Bottles will usually set you right.

That and wine. Lots of damn wine.

(PS EDIT: The New End Quest on tales of Graces F is a great example of this. You can imagine my Absolute Despair on how long a POST GAME dungeon in this world of torture was, and then to be faced with a boss that had a weird never-before-used limit-break override gimmick to beating her, and if you couldn't figure that out (you can't) by the last 10% of their health they are almost impossible to hit. Fun times.)
I'm not far into Oceanhorn, I just got the bombs. My biggest problem with it so far is the lack of mobility options. The first thing I tried to do was find out how to jump, and (so far) there isn't a way. I can run for about half a second then wait ten for my stamina gauge to refill. Getting around just feels so restrictive and is my current main issue with the game.
author=Hexatona
(PS EDIT: The New End Quest on tales of Graces F is a great example of this. You can imagine my Absolute Despair on how long a POST GAME dungeon in this world of torture was, and then to be faced with a boss that had a weird never-before-used limit-break override gimmick to beating her, and if you couldn't figure that out (you can't) by the last 10% of their health they are almost impossible to hit. Fun times.)

fffuuuuqqq I thought I'd purged this from my memory god damned teleporter maze I was stuck on that shit for fucking ever gguuuuhhhh
Not sure what you're talking about with the last boss, though. I remember her having an obnoxious hitbox for Abel to actually land attacks on, but that's about it.
SimCity 4.

No matter how many years pass, this game always sucks me back in somehow. One day, I will fully populate an entire region!
Craze
SC4 is the best city sim. I mean, Skylines is probably better, but I could never get into it despite my best efforts.
Yeah, I feel the exact same way. I tried my best to get into Skylines, but it just wouldn't click with me. I guess, in a way, I just like the "feel" of SimCity 4 more. Skylines feels like it has less personality and soul as a whole, and I could just never get immersed in the towns I was building in it.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=turkeyDawg
fffuuuuqqq I thought I'd purged this from my memory god damned teleporter maze I was stuck on that shit for fucking ever gguuuuhhhh
Not sure what you're talking about with the last boss, though. I remember her having an obnoxious hitbox for Abel to actually land attacks on, but that's about it.

I won't deny that I may not be the best at Tales of Games, but the last few percent of her health took about as long for me to peel away as the previous 50%. She was faster, more spammy, and her defences were through the roof. Add to that, for whatever reason my limit breaks were always super short for reasons I never really understood.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
To the Moon on my phone :D
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Hmmm...

Dragon Quest VI - Finally finished DQV, got to start this fella! Just really started, but nothing to complain about so far. Wait - that's not true, it wasn't really clear if selling the stuff for the crown was supposed to happen BEFORE or AFTER you rescued crown guy. Turns out it was before. Ah well.

Final Fantasy: My Life as a Dark Lord - This game... you crusty juggler! I want to make parties, but you make that very difficult. I feel like eventually dungeon levels mean absolutely nothing. Plus, it's like I don't play the game for months, but when I do I play it compulsively for hours.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - JAYSUS FOOK - How did anyone stand for this level of slowdown?? I load up the game (finally, had some trouble there) I was a bit yay and nay with the FMVs taking the place of some things that happened on the map before. But then Gafgarion uses his shadowblade and as the interminable seconds ticked by I was left with the feeling that it was my life choices that brought me to this moment. How did anyone play through this!? Thankfully, since I have CFW, there's a fanmade anti-slowdown patch, but heck... But geez!

Persona 5 - Just picked this up on PS3! I have barely scratched Persona 3, so who knows when I'll get to it, but yay!
Craze
i tried am ineccraft demo since some of my kids are in a minecraft-based class this week and holy shit this game is too scary for me, i uninstalled 15 minutes into the demo because i was standing in a dirt hut with things growling in my ear
I am playing Persona 5 right now and i am so into with it. The story might be weird, but i really like the gameplay and the city is big to explore.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I picked up Persona 5, but I'm so behind on persona games I wonder if I should just skip ahead...

Also, Retromania is over! I can finally see my other notifications! yaaaaay!

(Though, truthfully, I am also sad that retromania is over)
Hex, start Persona 5. You don't need to play 3 and 4. Different stories each game.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Hex, start Persona 5.
Stormblood, the next FF14 expansion, is available to play for those who preordered tomorrow
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=zDS
Hex, start Persona 5. You don't need to play 3 and 4. Different stories each game.

author=Red_Nova
Hex, start Persona 5.

will I not be inevitably dissapointed by the previous games if I play them out of order !?
Craze
no you definitely will be. p5 has a writing staff and a level designer

GreatRedSpirit
Stormblood, the next FF14 expansion, is available to play for those who preordered tomorrow

move to mateus so you can play with louiscyphre and i >=| it's guaranteed to be one of the free transfers lol