WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=Dudesoft
Not me, but my friend is playing SNES Mario with his grandpa, who isn't doing too well. But he is really funny. This is his explanation of Super Mario World:
"You're the man. He jump and go in the pipe."

Ha! That's perfect!

As for me, I just bought and have been playing Dragonball Fusions. There's like a whopping 1013 characters BEFORE you start fusing people together. The game is a lot of fun so far.
I'm starting a new game of Lunar Silver Star Story Complete for a review for my YouTube channel. Those games are fucking gems. Except Dragon Song which is just a gold plated turd...

;/
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale.

At first, the game was amazing. It was a fun foray into managing an item store. I enjoyed learning how to read customer reactions to prices and adjust offers accordingly. The dungeon crawling was simple, but filled with surprising depth. To make as much money as I could, I had to work with the market value of specific item categories and gauge each individual customer's behavior and appearance to judge how much they could afford to spend, and negotiate a price for each individual item. It wasn't long before I made a killing.

But then the weekly debt started rising.

Suddenly, every penny counted. I contemplated letting my adventurer partners suffer more in order to keep them from consuming precious product to restore health. I watched the pain flicker across the faces of my once loyal customers when they heard my outrageous price demands. The very lives of my adventurer friends were secondary to the precious bottom line. A mere 10 PX price hike each time a regular came to visit, pushing them closer and closer to the limits of their wallets and patience. But it was necessary, as failiure meant I would be thrown out into the streets by the heartless loan shark shadowing my every move.

I came for the cute game about item store management. I left a morally broken shell of a man who robbed blind his closest friends and the young and naive.
I feel ya bro. :<

Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
So it sounds like I should not start up my copy of recettear...
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
No, you should absolutely play Recettear. It's a wonderful game.

...Just don't be fooled by its cuteness.
unity
You're magical to me.
I absolutely adore Recettear as well! It's certainly very different but a whole lot of fun ^_^
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Red_Nova
It wasn't long before I made a killing.

But then the weekly debt started rising.

Sounds like real life to me
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
Anybody want a kitten that is about to get dead?? :)
The cat I had for 17&1/2yrs had to go to sleep :( and the Vet. talked me into taking a kitten someone left at his front door....part Abyssinian, really cute but a monster. He gets into everything and my arms are all scratched up. What a little monsters...but purrrrrrs like crazy:)
Now, the ex. wife called and wants to go for a ride. My life is hell :)

As for games.....I read several pages of about the games all you folks are playing and I wonder why I'm so hooked on Breath of The Wild.
It's the only game that has ever hooked me till the end.
I've got about 25 games sitting on the shelf for 3 other consoles and Zelda is the only game I can still play :(

Ah, maybe I should go whine on another forum thread?? :) hahahahaha
Hope you people can manage to finish a few games so you can have a life outside your cave :) haha
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Well, sometimes a game just comes along at just the right time and you just never want it to stop!

Then, other times, games you think you should like are good, they're fine, but you just got distracted and before you know it you half forget everything.

It's all just the luck of the draw.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Crash Bandicoot is kicking my ass. Got soft in my old age.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Just beat Final Fantasy XII at a record-breaking (at least for me) 50-ish hours. That thing typically takes me at least twice as long, but I also tend to do more of the hunts. This play-through, I must have stopped hunts somewhere around the time of achieving the title of "Brave Champion".

With this, I can put aside my PS2 emulator for a time.
Marrend
Final Fantasy Tactics, sort of. Apparently, the codes for In-Battle HP and MP are wrong, or mislabeled. Like, one of the MP codes actually altered HP, and I think I saw a Ramza's level at 37 (with 42 Max HP?) when trying to save Algus from the bandits at the beginning of the game.

I think I've got the codes figured out now, but, that session took quite a bit out of me. Then again, I seem to remember using those codes forever-and-a-half ago when I was involved with the CodeTwink community. Maybe it's just an emulation thing, then?

Whatever. Too tired to think straight.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I recently downloaded a ROM of Vagrant Story and I'm going to give that game a go on the good ol' PS1 emulator :P
Red_Nova
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

I'm only about an hour in, but I'm already in love. It feels like a perfect blend between action game and horror, and the atmosphere is killer. The main character has Psychosis, so you hear voices in your head constantly, both giving you hints on how to play and berating you to make you question what you're even doing there.

Not only is the game itself interesting, but the story around the game is interesting, as well. Apparently Ninja Theory went out of their way to consult mental health experts and people with Psychosis in order to depict it in the game as accurately as possible, which is admirable. Plus, this game was developed with the goal of giving a "AAA presentation and feel, but with the budget of an indie title." To reinforce this, the game is only $30 at launch.

I hope this game succeeds. It'd be nice to see other big developers follow this kind of attitude.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=OzzyTheOne
I recently downloaded a ROM of Vagrant Story and I'm going to give that game a go on the good ol' PS1 emulator :P

Good idea! I've been wondering what to play next on my phone.
I've been mucking about with powersaves on some 3DS titles I've beaten as a post-game sort of thing - one of those "done everything the hard way, now let's toy with stuff!" outings.

Otherwise - been plunging back into some old PS1 games of mine: Alundra and the Arc the Lad trilogy.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Ugh, I kinda hate that 3ds doesn't have like gameshark codes anymore :( all just saves now.
Mass Effect Andromeda. Feels a bit flat. Characters don't seem to emote much during conversations, and so far most of them have the same personality. Menu & upgrade system giving me a headache. I liked the simplicity of the earlier games in that regard.

Marrend
I'm on the world map of FFT, standing one area away from the next plot-event: Riovanes Castle. Ooooooh boy.