WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

author=Marrend
I'm on the world map of FFT, standing one area away from the next plot-event: Riovanes Castle. Ooooooh boy.

yes yes I know it's Yell for Riovanes and Shout is buttpants Ramza
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
author=Hexatona
Ugh, I kinda hate that 3ds doesn't have like gameshark codes anymore :( all just saves now.

Wish you could hook 3DS to the TV like the Switch.
Looks like they have a lot of the games similar to LOZ that I enjoy but my vision
is not the greatest so 3DS screen would be hard for me :( oh well, COME ON SWITCH.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Currently playing Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. Got past a part where I rage-quit years prior, but am stuck in an area where it's not easy for me to escape right now.

That said, I'm enjoying the challenge as Metroidvanias are usually easy-peasy for me these days. As items are completely RNG-based drops, I have to rely more on my wits to survive environments and bosses as opposed to spamming items from my pause menu to survive.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
So, thanks to Humble Bundle, I've totally fallen in love with Borderlands. It's like a mash up of Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Mad Max.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=pianotm
So, thanks to Humble Bundle, I've totally fallen in love with Borderlands. It's like a mash up of Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Mad Max.

I'm surprised you hadn't tried it by now.
I kind of like Borderlands, but after a while all the games sort of mashed together in my memory. They do tend to have great background music, though.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Final Fantasy Tactics: I'm a few plot-battles into Chapter 4. I'm not locked down, but, I'm half inclined to just do the plot-maps and hit this out of the park. Darigaaz, I think my play-clock is reading somewhere around 16 hours?

Might and Magic 6: Mucking around in Castle Darkmoor. I'm facing down liches and beholder wannabes. The latter of which toss status conditions (insanity, sleep, or fear) at my party members. There is no status prevention in this game, only removal. So, my Cleric/Paladin are busy with that, while my Archer/Sorcerer are my offense. Oddly enough, I think I do more damage with my bows than spells? This just strikes me as really, really akward, despite casting spells like Implosion and Incinerate (probably the best single-target spells in the game) at Expert Level with 10 ranks.

Final Doom: This is my derp-game of the moment. Going through the Plutonia Project, with a slightly modified version of the super weapons dehacked mod. I've been skipping odd levels, and I think I'm up to stage 8 now? Whatevs. Just need to kill me some demens.
I'm playing Epic Battle Fantasy 4 (Steam). I managed to get everything except for the New Game++ (yes, two pluses) achievement and the damage achievements.
sbethune81
I don't have a growth mindset...yet.
Final Fantasy 5
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Geneforge! this time around is going muuuch better, but I feel like, as an agent, I'm going to need to make some creations soon, or some encounters might do my right in.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
My brother showed me Genefore (or was it Avernum?), but I never really got into it.

I opened Steam to play me some Endless Legend, only to find that it needed an update. So I let it do that while playing Master of Orion 2. Guess I fed my 4X itch! For a little while, at least.

Emulation-wise, I'm down to, like, three games left before I've played them all at least once. One of them is Suikoden 5, and I am not ready for that game yet. Should I do a written LP of that, like I have the others? I dunno. I just know I'm not up to playing it right now. Might end up flipping a coin for what I do end up playing :P

*Edit: For the sake of the inevitable Suikoden 5 play-through, I have made a quick reference sheet in regards to character recruitment. Some characters in that game are trickier to get than others (*shakes fist at Murad*), but, it's a nice-to-have.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Normal enemy encounters in Star Ocean: Till The End of Time are kicking my ass smh
I'm really glad to be playing a 2 Dimensional Metroid on a current gen (last gen?) handheld. I'm of course playing Metroid: Samus Returns. It's been so long that dual screens showing a metroid map on the bottom feels like a strange novelty.

However I never once played a Metroid game and thought: You know what the combat needs? Some fucking parrying. Idk if it's the "souls" craze phenomenon or what but having a cannon strapped to your arm and using it as melee attack half the time is just really dumb. Hilariously the one boss fight I encountered (the non metroid boss fight) made no use of the parrying. Although you don't have to use the mechanic, every single enemy seems to have the zip at you attack the parry is designed for, which makes it especially annoying when you're just trying to get from point a to b after being super upgraded anyway. Idk man, I guess Mercury Steam just can't quite exit the school of God of War style prompts so they gotta slam their fix in somewhere.

I feel like the point of metroid combat was just to exhaust your resources and have you take careful shots from a distance. It just doesn't flow well as other 2D metroid games, which is a shame since every other aspect of the game is fine. The movement is great, the omni directional aiming is an A+ improvement, and the environments ended up looking better than I thought it'd be in 2.5D land.

It's been my go to bus game for a bit, but it makes kind of want to just replay Zero Mission.
I'm near the end of Hollow Knight... after 45 hours... Such an amazing game! D:
And I also started Divinity Original Sin2. It's a lot more adult than the first one and a lot more polished in many ways.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

RUINER is fantastic
I'm playing Final Fantasy VI on a GBA emulator. The continent is floating!
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=GreatRedSpirit
I'm playing Lufia & The Fortress of Doom

why am I playing Lufia & The Fortress of Doom?

What did I just watch.

author=kentona

Oh, any fan patch?
author=Hexatona
author=GreatRedSpirit
I'm playing Lufia & The Fortress of Doom

why am I playing Lufia & The Fortress of Doom?
What did I just watch.

author=kentona

Oh, any fan patch?

Nope.

In my experience, fan patches are shit, and always emphasize the wrong thing in classic games.

"It's way better now because all enemies have 4x the HP and we arbitrarily restrict characters so that each one has to be played in a very specific way to be effective!"