WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Marrend that's kinda spoilery re: P5 ;V but yeah i loved that area even if (personally) it felt kinda long. i hated the next dungeon's length but the puzzles were better

my really nice laptop died shortly before christmas so i've been using my older one. apparently they optimized berseria because it runs pretty well. 77 hours in, gotta beat this wonderful game... took a year off because ??? ????? ??? but i'm back baby

now if only i could remember how to play...
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I'm playing Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker's Memory. It's basically a side story to the original, and as such there is very little different about the game besides the characters and additional Digimon.

...which means, of course, that I love the game. At this rate, Pokemon will need to take notes from this series.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Stardew Valley is kind of my life right now. I'm playing as Dude from the original pre-internet RPGMaker95+ Dude's Adventure series. His farm is on a wetland or something, and I just got to the desert dungeon. First time playing the game. Pretty far (I think?) and nearly finished the community centre.
Oh, also about 5 girlfriends atm. I'm a who-re.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
dudesoft: yeah, the community center is the 'game', objective-wise. it's whatever you want to make of it, though.

make sure to date all the guys, too!

finally beating this A+ game
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Now I want to play Berseria again, and I only beat it last year...
Beat Solatorobo. Great game, really hits the spot for someone who's looking for anything similar at all to Megaman Legends in tone and feel. One of the few games I bothered to do sidequests for as 90% of them are just neat NPC side stories. Some of them continue off of previous sidequests and there's this great feeling of progression throughout the world around you. Just a really solid game.

Decided to start Mother 3 as my new main bus game. I used to play it when it was first translated (2008?) but never came back to it after a long time and you know how that goes. Playing from a new file on a sick reproduction cart, also have a homebrew modded gameboy player setup for that sweet home playing experience. Not much to say about the game so far other than I really suck at the combo beat system and rhythm games in general.

M3 Spoiler:
Surprisingly the Hinawa death scene came way sooner than I remembered.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Funny, I had a blast playing Berseria, but a week after I beat it I completely forgot I even had it until Craze brought it up. Hm.

I'm getting back into Rune Factory 4 after learning of an epilogue arc that ties up the loose ends of the plot. To prepare myself, I tamed a couple of boss monsters since their strong attacks will be useful in the new dungeons. It was then I learned these ungrateful jerks want MONEY from me to plant seeds on my farm. As if me paying for there food an housing wasn't enough. What would they even use that cash for, anyway? Jerks.

I was all set on marrying Forte, but then she gave me a disastrous dish after I gave her cake nearly every day, so now I'm rethinking my options.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Er, let's place that P5 stuff under a hide-tag, then.

*nervous laughter*

Speaking of...

Finished Sae's Palace and got a "bad ending". Not 100% on purpose, but, I suppose I was warned by the twin wardens (in their own way) that outing my allies was not the way to go. I gave the game, maybe, a five-minute rest before I picked it back up again and chose not to out my allies, and Darigaaz, I didn't entirely expect the events that followed.

I was kinda worried when I saw the FMV of the MC getting shot in the head again, but, the game kept playing, and when it was finally revealed what exactly happened, it was... I can't even explain, it's so insane. Let's just say I'm legitimately scared of this cast of characters.

I've been trapped in the dark recesses of the Shadowrun CRPG games for the past week or so.
Before that I was in the process of modding Skyrim out the wazoo. For those curious current list of mods applied:
Core Stuff
FileAccess Interface for Skyrim Scripts
INI Settings
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
Cutting Room Floor
SkyUI
Static Mesh Improvement
Immersive HUD
Brawl Bugs

Graphical
HD Enhanced Terrain Pro
Wet and Cold, Craftable, Compatability Patch
Get Snowy
Purity 2018
Relighting Skyrim
True Storms - Thunder and Rain Redone, Purity Patch
Skyrim HD 2K Complete Lite
aMidianBorn book of silence - Creatures, Armors, Dragonborn, Unique Items, Content Addon
Joy of Ships, Joy of Parallax Ships
Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Billboards
Enhanced Vanilla Trees
Skyrim HD - Terrain Parallax Tribute 1K, Roads 1K
Realistic Water Two
Weapons and Armors Remade
Unique Shops and Stores, 1.5 update
Realistic Boat Bobbing
Skyland - Standing Stones
Ultimate HD Fire Effects - Medium
Ruins Clutter Improved
UNP Base Skinny Body
SkySight Skins HD with Real Feet Meshes (Performance)
SC Khajiit Improvement 2k
FAR Forgotten Argonian Roots 2k
Superior Lore-Friendly Hair
Beards - 2k
Brows - Standard
Eye Normal Map Fix, Beast Race Eye
Teeth Plus, Teeth Plus Redone
Painterly - High Res Vanilla Warpaint

Misc Stuff
Viewable Faction Ranks
SkyComplete
A Quality World Map
Atlas Map Markers
BorderSense
Unread Books Glow
The Kids Are Alright Episode Two, Cutting Room Floor Patch
Amazing Follower Tweaks
Achieve That
Crime Decay
Quiet Dungeons
Run for your Lives
TK Dodge

Massive Content Mods
Relics of Hyrule, 6.5.15c
Legacy of the Dragonborn, 19.3.06

Starting Mods
Alternative Start - Live Another Life
Death Alternative - Your Money or your Life, Captured, Live Another Life Addon
Disparity
Imperious, Disparity Compatability

Immersion Stuff and Clothing
Appropriately Attired Jarls
Prince and the Pauper
Lanterns of Skyrim, Purity Patch
Opulent Outfits 2017 - Replacer
Clothing and Clutter Fixes, Opulent Outfits patch
Rustic Clothing - Complete - 2K-1K
Royal Armory
Bandolier - Bags and Pouches, Dawnguard
Cloaks of Skyrim, Dawnguard
Hoods and Circlets
Tail Armors
Winter is Coming, Cloaks of Skyrim Patch
Tribunal Masks, Robes
Equipable Map
Take Notes - Journal of the Dragonborn
Replace your Criminal Face
Lantern Caretakers
Understandable Draugrs
Guard Dialogue Overhaul
Immersive Patrols II
Point the Way
Hold Border Banners
Signs of Skyrim
Waterbreathing Breathless Emerge
Dawnguard Rewritten - Arvak
Milk Drinker

Helpful
Shoutcraft
Train and Study
Smelting - A Way to Recycle
Wearable Lanterns
Isharas Key Ring
Functional Bags
Exchange Currency
Spell - Levitate
Soul Gems Differ
Blacksmith Chests Complete
A Matter of Time

Mounts and Companions
Blaze of Eventide
Cerwiden
Hoth
Inigo, MCM
Dwarven Luggage - True Dwarven Chest Version

Houses (and a memorial)
FX Kagrenac’s Instant Fortress
Thornrock
Ravenholm
Tirashan
The Warlock’s Rest
Lurking in the Shadows - Mortal Castle Version

Treasure and Easter Eggs
Als Treasure Map Reward - The Frozen Hoard
Als Treasure Vault
Als Paragon Reward Chest
Fossil Mining
Jebbalons Treasure
Treasure Hunt
Skyshards 1.5

Dungeons and Quests
Als Vault of the Old Slayer
BigBizkit’s G.R.E.E.D.
Kruziik
Legacy of the Tyrants
Orvar’s Tomb
Undeath
Path of the DIvine
Apotheosis - Lifeless Vaults
A Feathered Friend
An Endless Tail
Clockwork
Hanging Gardens
It Beats for Her
Moon and Star, Undeath Compatability Patch
The Azure Tree
The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal
The Forgotten City
The Lost Legend of Captain Sharphook
The Tools of Kagrenac
Cursed Camelot

Other
Paladin Artifacts and Armor, 1k

Legacy of the Dragonborn patches
Relic Hunter
Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch Collection, Moon and Star Patch
and I was trying out STEINS;GATE.
However the past few days my computer has been rather terrible about working so while waiting for it to boot again today I cleared a chapter in Layton's Mystery Journey.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Played a crubload of Perona 3 Portable recently. Just got Aigis. But I'm feeling a bit burnt out on everything, I feel like I'm running out of time to get my MC's Stats up to maybe date one of the girls.

Also played a bunch of Arc Rise Fantasia on the Wii. I don't know what it is about the game. Some parts are just terrible, but it just seems to hot the right notes at the right time for me. I started it out of obligation, kept playing out of morbid curiosity, but now I legit want to see what happens next. I don't even know if the things I said are points for or against this game... I'll just say it's a curiosity and leave it at that.

(;w;) - I'm jealous of you Berseria players... I don't have a PC anywhere near good enough for it...
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D

Rune Factory 4 coming in with the romantic lines.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Started playing Monster Hunter World. We have it on xboxone, but my buddy plays on ps3. If I had any time to actually play it I would switch.
Cool ass game, but damn if I can't find time. There's so much to do and learn. Just overwhelming. Like a third job.
These past couple of weeks I've sunk a lot of hours in to Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on PC, and I've been playing Lord of the Rings: War in the North with my buddy. Recently I re-installed Crysis to play through that again. Considering that game is how old, it holds up very well even by today's standards.

As for Dragon's Dogma. It's a fun as hell game (though Bitterblack Isle has me tearing my hair out). I was shocked and almost awed when towards the end of the game things started to get all existential on me.
author=Red_Nova
Rune Factory 4 coming in with the romantic lines.

It's even funnier if you think that in Rune Factory 3 you could have had the squid line just fine as a declaration of love with one of the girls. XD
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
author=Darken
Beat Solatorobo. Great game, really hits the spot for someone who's looking for anything similar at all to Megaman Legends in tone and feel. One of the few games I bothered to do sidequests for as 90% of them are just neat NPC side stories. Some of them continue off of previous sidequests and there's this great feeling of progression throughout the world around you. Just a really solid game.
Solatorobo is really great, it is such a nice and charming game!

I have been playing a bit of ESO in my free time, at VIVEC CITY.
So does anyone actually like Earthbound/Mother combat? 11 hours into Mother 3 and while I do recall being impressed with some of the improvements over earthbound it's still kind of just a meh Dragon Quest system. Great story and characters but I do not look forward to the next dungeon/boss section whenever cutscene stretches are over.

HP or Rolling Meter
Alright so at first glance I thought the system of your HP values rolling downward with a realtime element was cool. But over time I've realized it just makes parts frustrating when you realize your character PSI or attack animations are too long or you're too busy mashing through combat text to get a chance to select a heal. Unless you have TAS level precision it's pretty much unlikely to undo a high damage roll when it matters. Often times you can save some HP by finishing off an enemy right after they've attacked but otherwise it's just annoying. It also doesn't help that Lucas has the lowest speed of all the characters and yet happens to be the only non-item based healer (currently anyway).

The Rhythm System
A Mother 3 addition. Look I'm bad at music, but I can still sometimes pull off 5 or 10 hit combos if the music is easy enough. I've never been consistent at it though and some songs in this game made me realize I'll never be good enough at this. It of course claims that you don't NEED it to get through the game, but it def does make a difference between killing an enemy in one turn or the next. I think I'll get the beat down at times but start it on the wrong timing. Also to note I'm on a loud bus and hearing impaired so that doesn't help matters much. It feels frustrating not being able to capitalize on getting a good combo in time of need the same way it feels not capitalizing on getting a free revive through the HP counter system. It's still kind of neat but I just feel like playing Paper Mario at this point for stuff like this.

The Try Again Mechanic
So if you die you have the choice of "Trying Again" or basically reloading a save. If you try again you get your HP restored, exp retained, but items you've used don't come back. If you reload a save you obviously get whatever state you had back (items, exp, hp). What ends up happening is, I the player end up abusing it to farm exp until I die (without ever using items) to get free heals while retaining my items/exp. This removes some of the strategies in item use and management and basically compounds the problem of dumping everything you got on the boss. This actually makes the game more tolerable to its benefit, but also less balanced and removes too many potential consequences. I don't think this is implemented well.

Love the story but man, do not dig some of the gameplay features or the balancing.
Are you playing Mother 3 on an emulator? There's emulator issues with the music so it's out of sync with the rhythm battle. Plus the timing window for inputs is small and the game loves to throw curveballs at you. This is a great writeup on it with sample music with the rhythm timing the game expects.

Also rolling HP is only relevant vs exploding enemies (are there any in M3? Thinking about it now I don't recall any but it's been ages). Otherwise you don't have enough HP for it to matter early in the game or turns take longer with bigger parties later in the game or animations from Ghost of Starman doing Psi Starstorm because you forgot they do that after smirking
Also rolling HP is only relevant vs exploding enemies (are there any in M3? Thinking about it now I don't recall any but it's been ages).

The trees in the Flint/Old Man dino area blow up, right at the start of the game.

Cause that's fun.
Im playing through The Fall at the moment. The writing in it is absolutely superb but I cant really say im a fan of the controls on PC.
I'm playing Monster Hunter and it's fucking like crack cocaine.

It's also very complex, and it's interesting seeing a game packed full of mechanics and complexity that a lot of people here (edit: including myself until now) would dismiss as 'too complex' for our games (and what some have been saying, games in general) is in what has become Capcom's fastest selling game in its history.

EDIT: this is not to say that every game should be like monster hunter, a well done simple game is great, quality comes first always
EDIT 2: this is also not to say that complex is good for complex sake. the fundamentals of making a good product still applies