WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Right now?
Just Dragonball FighterZ :)
Finally got around to beating Odyssey.

Wonderful game! Shitton of moons (only got like 200 of em by the time I beat the final boss), fantastic OST, wide range of boss fights and really creative levels all-around. I can tell they poured a lot of effort into this game from a stylistic and gameplay standpoint :3 New Donk City festival was probably my favorite part of the game, which is saying a lot because a lot of the game uplifted me in a way that few games have as of late. The Ruined Dragon boss is also probably the most fearsome thing I've ever seen out of a Mario game, that was some Dark Souls shit right there lol. Loved it.

My only complaint is the ending, seemed kinda pointless to me to show Mario and Peach about to marry only to have it quickly devolve into a pissing contest then suddenly Peach leaves but then decides to randomly let bygones be bygones and Bowser gets left on the planet or... some dumb shit like that idk it was weird

Great game overall, well worth the wait and probably my favorite 3D Mario platformer next to 64 at the moment. 
Beat Gravity Rush and Nier Automata recently, they were games that were 80% done but I just cleaned them up just in time to start Dragon Quest 11 today. Have not played it but I'll see how it turns out.
Was playing Trails of Cold Steel and enjoying it a lot buuuut I clicked out of the window to check something on discord and steam crashed (first time that's ever happened to me :< ) and I hadn't saved for a few hours so I was like nuuuuu ;.;. Kinda want to get back in to get back to where I was since it was an interesting point in the story but on the other hand... hours of progress >.<;
So Dragon Quest XI is amazing so far. About 12 hours in with 4 party members. I almost regretted playing on the regular difficulty (can only select Draconian from the start, exit any time) but the bosses are still pretty challenging and have things that can trip you up.

It's gratifying to play a game that doesn't overwhelm you with collectibles and hides chests just enough to make you go aha! but not to the extent of "how was I supposed to find that?" I thought I was going to hate crafting but the way recipes and gathering materials works is just the right amount of choice management that doesn't have you bogged down. A lot of things are basically what every JRPG has but repressed to the point of not being annoying. But yeah this game is basically what I've wanted since DQ8.

Liberty
Was playing Trails of Cold Steel and enjoying it a lot buuuut I clicked out of the window to check something on discord and steam crashed (first time that's ever happened to me :< ) and I hadn't saved for a few hours so I was like nuuuuu ;.;. Kinda want to get back in to get back to where I was since it was an interesting point in the story but on the other hand... hours of progress >.<;

Losing progress in an RPG is a special kind of hell.
Ocarina of Time.

I liked Dragon Quest 8 since all the characters were individuals, and pretty well characterized. Then I soured on the franchise on the very next one. Dragon Quest 9 is a mess. The concept of being an angel was cool, then it was like "hire generic party and lose your angel status, yay!" Also, the one decently characterized character turned out to be a doll, then basically went to sleep when you collect your MacGuffin. I wound up being disappointed and bored.
I tried out Dragon Quest 7 since it was supposed to be a super-long game, but it turns out it wasn't really plot that gave it length so much as little mini-worlds, grind, and wandering around.
Replaying Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (the only Zelda game I ever have or ever will? really give a shit about) for the first time since it was practically new, and playing Soul Blazer for the first time.

Very interesting to compare them side by side, incidentally. They are very similar and also very different.
Im playing through Lords of the Fallen...

It aint great.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Probably my favorite 3D entry in the series at the moment, so innovative and large. Combat's top notch as ever, too, which is great. British Zelda is prolly the best part though imo~
author=zacheatscrackers
Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Probably my favorite 3D entry in the series at the moment, so innovative and large. Combat's top notch as ever, too, which is great. British Zelda is prolly the best part though imo~

I found BOTWs combat to be really underwhelming compared to Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, with only 5 weapons in the game (I know theres hundreds but theres only 5 movesets) I found it super limiting compared to other entries in the series, bring back the ball and chain lol.

I dont think its a bad game by any means but I feel like in a decades time it'll be looked at as the prototype that took the series in a new direction rather than a masterpiece, kind of like Ocarina of Time is now. I look forward to seeing its formula refined in future entries.
Well, I put a hold on Cold Steel to play some DQ11 and... so far it's pretty decent. I'm not in love with it - there's something about the environment that just doesn't draw me in as much as other games and I dread exploring for some reason... which is weird for me since that's usually what I love doing the most in games like this. I don't know, maybe it's the camera angles or that I'm using a controller instead of a keyboard, but something about it just doesn't appeal to me that much.

That said, the game is quite solid and despite not having as much fun as I feel I should be having, I'm still playing. About 25 hours in now - closer to 30 - and, well, it's good. I do agree that the crafting is a lot better than in previous games (especially 8 - I absolutely hated waiting for shit. The minigame in this works wonders for adding both a 'this isn't done immediately' effect and giving you something to aim for) and I appreciate being able to buy some materials from travelling merchants (since grinding for drops is never fun). Hoping I run in to a metals merchant at some point because I don't want to go back to old harvest grounds for that.

I will also say that the ship movement is really smooth and I appreciate the hell outta that.
Damn you're farther than me already Liberty. The resource harvesting isn't too bad if you get every sparkly spot on the map at least once (it'll reveal what that specific resource is from now on while showing you the the location of the ??? ones). That is if you feel like getting every sparkly thing in sight.

I actually do enjoy the environments but there are some spots that feel pretty bare like interiors or some spots that just look like a standard Unreal Engine Tech Demo(tm) showcase. But idk it's at its best when there's a lot of grass and trees around to soak it in and there's some actual art direction implemented.
Oh, I've been collecting every sparkly, but I have a thing about getting all the creation stuff starred, which means lots more iron/silver/gold/etc needed than one round of collection will give. It's mainly the metal stuff.

Yeah, the smaller areas, or tighter areas are much nicer, visually and exploration-wise. Stuff like caves or the like. It's mainly the big open areas that are annoying.
Well I guess I know what those gold stars are for now. Idk if I'm that into the crafting system to gold star everything lol. I'm wondering if it will be a good way to make money though. An alternative might be to buy shop items and rework them and get the perfectionist pearls from really easy to get resources but I'm guessing you've might have considered that.
Well, you should aim to! It makes the item you make +3, increasing it's stats! Well worth trying to get.
I'm taking a second shot at Final Fantasy VIII. My first shot was in 1999 and the complexity of the interlaced custom systems was just entirely beyond my comprehension as a 12 year old and I wound up trapped on the space station with badly under-leveled characters in an unwinnable state. Like 20 years of game design experience later, I hope I'll do a bit better.

(Trivia: I have never beaten a Final Fantasy game besides VII wait a second that is completely untrue I totally beat FF XV last year, and almost 20 years to the date after I last beat a Final Fantasy game, that being VII. I guess something about Final Fantasy: Entourage Edition was a wee bit forgettable. Anyway, I have a PS1 Memory Card save that has been stuck on the final boss of IX for like decades now, I managed to get to the point in VI where the world gets fucked but not much further, I ragequit FFX about a third of the way through because it was STUPID...and that's about it.

...I'm not counting FFT, either. Beat that.)
Get the item->mag ability, cheat the SeeD tests, buy a shitton of tents, turn them into curagas, junction 99 them to HP, intentionally yellow hp yourself, spam cancel til you get limit break. Done, then most of the game is a cake walk.

also everything in the game scales to your level, so you really only need the occasional AP.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Alternative: use a CodeBreaker (or the like) to set your active party's hp to a low number (128 for Disk 1, 256 for pretty much the rest of the game), make your party status invincible, and just break absolutely everything with Limits. I'm the kind of terrible that's not played it any other way and totally doing in my current playthrough as well.
Aura stones help too. If you can find a thing to make them, get it and make them.

But yeah, you don't need to get levels to beat the game. In fact, it's much better if you don't. I got shafted at the end of the game because I power levelled to 100 thinking that this was just another jRPG (I mean, it worked out well for 7! and 6! and the others!) and, well, Ulty's castle killed my progress dead. RIP.
I think using the card ability allows you to kill enemies without gaining exp, but gain the AP (which is the only thing you need). Basically focus on the GFs advancement more than anything (it's actually the fun part of the game imo).

(if only I excelled at gf advancement irl heyoooooooooooooooooooooo)