WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=zacheatscrackers
NieR: Automata

Oh, geeze, I should get back to that at some point. I'm on my second play of that, and the only things that pose any kind of threat to me are the boss fights, and maybe some of the larger 'bots? Dunno. I just have this impression that this run will be significantly shorter than my first run.

Other than that note, Resident Evil 4 and Legend of Dragoon. My controller has been having issues lately (probably need to get a new one), so I've been emulating with keyboard control instead. It's okay with the PS1 emulation, but, it feels super awkward with PS2 emulation. Especially for games that want to use the analog sticks for movement and camera control. I can get by in Resident Evil 4, because movement can be done with the d-pad as an alternative, and the left stick is only really used for zooming in with scoped weapons.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
zacheatscrackers
NieR: Automata. Fucking amazing game, that is all <333

yuuuup.

Marrend: mine wound up being about the same length because I finished up a bunch of sidequests for the B route, but in general yeah it's shorter.

i am playing RESONANCE OF FATE and Cities: Skylines, which are both about building roads. RoF has a lot more guns in it, though.

full: https://i.imgur.com/PpyAdMW.jpg
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Right now? Fiddling around with Terraria because I keep deleting my save files when I uninstall it from Steam for the thousandth gaddamn time it's a fun game, even if I'll probably never unlock Hard Mode.

Also getting up the courage to try an MMO that plays like a classic Ultima game, called "Euotopia". It seems interesting enough, and I actually am intrigued by how the game mechanics and its Monk class work according to its wiki.
Bloodborne: Just beat it for the first time. I used a skill build with Threaded Cane and Rifle Spear as main weapons. Between them, I could cheese a lot of enemies. I'll try a strength build next. I'm also going to go for all optional non DLC bosses this time.
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Also getting up the courage to try an MMO that plays like a classic Ultima game, called "Euotopia". It seems interesting enough, and I actually am intrigued by how the game mechanics and its Monk class work according to its wiki.

Is that the one based off Ultima 4?

Right now I'm hooked on Mount & Blade: Viking Conquest. Playing as a ruthless bastard murderous Norseman.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
author=Bluefeathr42
Is that the one based off Ultima 4?

It might be! A link to the site can be found HERE, for any interested.

...and also, I've actually gotten into Caves of Qud recently on Steam. Got my ass fried by some electric beetle after a good start, but I actually feel like it's a fair (but still challenging) roguelike so far. And this is coming from someone who usually hates roguelikes because they seem impossible to beat. :v
@AtiyaTheSeeker
That's not the one I was thinking of, but it looks cool nonetheless. Classic Ultima Online is what I meant (here's an interview with the developer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRpepiz_Lvc), which is an MMO version of the first four Ultima games. Caves of Qud seems like something I'll have to try. As for roguelikes being impossible, that's the motto of Dwarf Fortress - "Losing is Fun!"

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Just caught up with Spider-Man dlc, and gave J-Stars Victory VS+ a go. It's uh... Something. If you are a die-hard manga fan, this may be for you. For me... It's a random assortment of unknown weirdos with moves that adhere to the same button combos. It's very clunky and repetitive. Seems to rely on mashing special attack until you super move is ready to end the fight.
Overall not impressed.
The graphics are pretty decent, though some of the characters clearly got a 'whatever' treatment. Like Seiya's Pegasus armour has this Dreamcast-esque metallic appearance. Very bland. The background areas soon well done. Not much more to say here.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. As good as I was expecting; soooo many characters haha!!
Bought a bunch of games on sale, been hopping from game to game. Into the Breach has been my last minute personal GOTY.

For the current game I'm playing I've settled on last year's Tales of Berseria, got it on sale for cheap and I'm actually really enjoying the protag. I heard it gets a little disappointing with what they do with her? But so far I'm digging it, I'm usually not that into Tales of games but I like angry edgey female protagonists and her backstory is surprisingly good.
I started playing The Witcher 3, and then decided I'd have to play the first two witcher games before hand. So far I'm liking The Witcher, even though half of the characters are incredibly unlikable, Triss can suck all kinds of rancid penis, and that poker dice game can fuck RIGHT off.

I also finished Axiom Verge for the second time, and my friend and I were playing EDF 5.

EDIT: I've just finished The Witcher, and the epilogue was weird.
author=Darken
Bought a bunch of games on sale, been hopping from game to game. Into the Breach has been my last minute personal GOTY.

For the current game I'm playing I've settled on last year's Tales of Berseria, got it on sale for cheap and I'm actually really enjoying the protag. I heard it gets a little disappointing with what they do with her? But so far I'm digging it, I'm usually not that into Tales of games but I like angry edgey female protagonists and her backstory is surprisingly good.

IDK, I didn't find it disappointing? I think there's some people out there who will whine about anything.

I'm also really not a Tales fan, but Berseria is one of the few I really liked so high five to that, brah!

As for myself, a lot of IGMC games with some RimWorld and Princess Maker 5 strewn between. As much as I like the Princess Maker games, 5 is so incredibly slow. Most of the other games just go month by month or week by week. This one goes day by day and not even that! It goes part-of-day by part-of-day. Sometimes you'll get 4-5 scenes per day. It's bonkers!

And I hate fast forwarding through them all because sometimes there'll be parts where your daughter says or does something that you will want to know about in order to adjust her schedule or tell her off for. orz

I like the game it's just so damn slooooooow.
Bloodborne: I've beat it twice, first with a skill build and than with a strength build. I'm doing an arcane build now. I don't think I'll do a bloodtinge build next.

Anyway, the arcane build performed decently, but weaker than the other builds, until I got the Executionar's Gloves. I made sure to get them quickly. With the gloves, a lot of challenging situations stopped being challenging. They are usually not that great against bosses though.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
berseria is a good story with the best cast of any rpg, so.

currently playing.... path of exile, like a fucking chump (armageddon brand elementalist because, well, fucking chump)
I just gave myself carpal tunnel trying to dogfight in Oolite with a keyboard.
I've started the DLC in Bloodborne and Ludwig is down. I beat him the third try, but I was down to low health and panic rolling at least twice, so me winning the third try was a lot of luck. Still, so far the DLC is not that bad for being a Souls like game. I do know it will get worse though.
I was going to leave the fact that I finished The Witcher as a simple edit on my previous post. But I feel the need to talk about the epilogue and ending to whoever is listening and to whoever cares. I know the game is ages old, but spoilers.

I was really impressed by how the choices in the game weren't simple black and white morality. At times I had genuine agita over the choices I had to make. Though at times I still feel like I fucked up.

For me, the game started to get a bit weird when I got to chapter 4 and met The Lady of the Lake from Arthurian legend who mentioned The Holy Grail, and the Knights of the Round Table. And then had a boss fight against Dagon the Lovecraftian deity.

Things went back to normal for a bit until I got to the epilogue when I was transported to and icy end of the world, which reminds me a lot of the Long Night from GoT. And then the king of the Wild Hunt turned up looking remarkably like the Night King. Now I'm aware the original Witcher stories were published as early as '93, and A Game of Thrones was published in '95.

I know this post has been somewhat meandering but I had to talk about it as I was kind of sat there after the ending just thinking to myself 'what the fuck?'.
Been playing Another Eden.

This game is decent, but my main selling point was this legendary soundtrack. Seriously, if people haven't played it, at least listen to its OST, it's amazing! ^_^
Im playing through Dead Space 3. I have never had a game make me feel so sad before. :(
RedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDead
RedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDead
RedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedDeadRedemption2 owns my life.

It is the greatest open world game in the history of ever and if you disagree I will fight you. ALSO I LOVE TO PLAY DRESS UP WITH MY COWBOY AND I AM NOT FUCKING ASHAMED. My Arthur Morgan robs and murders people to support a SERIOUS clothing habit.