WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Just finished Gears 5, really enjoyed it, has some pacing issues due to the new open world segments but I preferred those to the horde mode sections in Gears 4.

Now im back on my PS3 backlog and playing through Max Payne 3. Feels surprisingly good for a Rockstar game.
retail WoW, it's shit. Any player causual/hardcore whatever can tell you why the game is bad though.

-Having to get revered on 5 reps just to unlock flying

-Having to do a million questlines to get geared up because the latest patch wants new/returning players to catch up, having to do world quests/weekly assaults to keep up with this

-Azerite/Essences/Corruption make for very overwhelming systems for anyone returning since WOTLK (me) and even once you do grasp them you realize they make the concept of classes or gear redundant even though the whole point of them (i think) was to make gear progression more enjoyable in the first place.

-Can't do battlegrounds very well unless you have gear, can't get gear unless you do the million questlines and then maybe some dungeons, oh and raid gear > gear you get from pvp

-Missions exist just so a blizzard employee can point at a chart and say "look the daily logins are doing ok"

-Leveling from 1-120 is pretty bad nothing feels like it scales properly and there's a huge lack of foresight on how adding new content makes the older one feel really bleh. From what I understand they've done a ton of number squishes to rectify the crazy numbers max level players would get for the detriment of the previous level ranges. Oh and everything scales so there's not much point in leveling up really, other than you get to move on to the next xpac eventually.

eh maybe I'll just try FF14 or something.
Paper Mario the Origami King has been taking up my time. It’s fun.
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
I have been playing Skyrim quite a bit recently, and I found an...interesting dating sim-like feature in it. XD
author=Zakariya
I have been playing Skyrim quite a bit recently, and I found an...interesting dating sim-like feature in it. XD

what do you mean by it? is it about the marriage thing?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
A year late, but currently playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses. About 25 hours in and surprised at how easy it is on Normal mode, but I'm a complete newbie to the series so didn't know what sort of difficulty to expect going in. My mistake I guess.

PS Black Eagles for life
I'm trying to get into FE but it's a lot of stress deciding the right difficulty as the choice could make or break the experience.

It also appears that most games in the series do not even have grinding which is kind of disappointing. Because without it the game basically a glorified Advance Wars without really much point in having a leveling system. At the very least it forces me to research which games are the exception, from what I understand Awakening is one, Birthright is another. I forget whether Echoes is. I didn't research Three Houses but I figure there must be some way to upgrade or tailor units in between missions or else what's the point of having a classroom.

I already bought Birthright and planned to get the others but maybe I should bail. I should wait until if and when I beat Birthright and decide then if I still want to bother with the other titles in the series.
3Houses is all about tailoring your units. Go for it.
I am playing Paper Mario: Origami King and it's honestly really damn good. Best I played since Thousand Year Door. The normal battles are the only parts I don't love, but nonetheless I've been having a great time.

I play that with the wife watching so other than that I have been dabbling in the art of anger: Mario Kart 8.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
The Legend of Legaia. Also, this isn't a spam post. Noted.

FFVII Ultima Edition PC as well. Had some setback configuring it.
Trudging through FF7Remake. Forced slow walk sections are lame but pretty damn good game so far.
DL'd Fantasy Strike since it went free to play recently. Pretty fun and addictive fighting game. No execution barrier, striaght to the mind games/reads/fundamentals.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Playing Three Houses on Hard Mode now, with a different House (Blue Lions brah, Blue Lions).

I tried to get Cyril to take the thief exam three times, with an estimated 66% pass rate, and he failed each attempt
Been playing FF14, I'm enjoying it more than WoW in a lot of cases. Biggest drawback is probably catching up with the content, especially going through ARR pre-5.3. Storyline/cutscenes in an MMO is bonkers to me, I'd rather the story just be a set dressing or a backdrop but apparently the later expansions get very good story-wise. I guess I'm interested if it will prove me wrong.

I just think ARR's lackluster story is just inexcusably not very well written or made well. The pacing is awful and having to go to Minfillia every time the story moves an inch forward feels pretty bad. It reminds me of a B plot in an extremely average anime where the leader character of the group explains something very obvious and you just want to get to the part where you actually kill things. I'm very much a "story can be good in games" person but I would use ARR as a factual case to disprove that notion if I were playing devil's advocate. I also wish I could just do the missions with my friends instead of having to leave the party any time the story/gameplay actually decides to blend together. I don't know why this MMO tries so hard to be singleplayer at times, it's really jarring. But I guess it's a leftover sentiment that made 1.0 the way that it was.

I got to Heavensward and I'm kind of bouncing between main story quest and cleaning up the raid content that I missed along the way. Starting to notice the boss design becoming less and less intuitive where the only way to know is for someone else to tell you what to do. Trial and error is becoming less effective in learning the fights and uh yeah, the gear upgrade balance at level 50 and 60 is kind of weird. Kind of wish I was able to run the dungeons/raids at the intended gear/level but I know that's not possible without a full newbie progression group.

I've mostly been tanking but I wish parts of the role were harder. Tank mode seems really easy mode and the only time it actually becomes a factor to turn it off is off tanking critical fights where you need to cooperate with another tank. I get that the whole point is really damage mitigation but idk I liked managing aggro. Other than that the dungeons themselves are fine. Most of the challenge usually comes from "do this or die" and there's never a feeling of having to keep up with a "DPS check" but otherwise they're pretty good training for what I assume to be much more difficult raids later on. Idk how I feel about it yet since I'm not at endgame and it's still hard to gauge.
Download *GAMMAK, CAN YOU SPEAK IT!?*
I've been jumping all over the place. I've been working on:

Tengai Makyou Zero AND Horai Gauken no Boken on emulator (part of my 'translation project back catalog)

Trying to decide which RMN game to review next (undecided - Theia left me exhausted and most of what I have are lengthy RPGs. Country of Snow is a demo I'm going to try soon, though.)

Messing around with some indies on the Switch - Children of Morta and Dead Cell.

So yeah. I'm all over the joint xD But when job hunting and stuff in this economy, what else is a dude to do?
Children of Morta and Dead Cell are both freakin great games~
author=Liberty
Children of Morta and Dead Cell are both freakin great games~

Right?? I finally patched up Children of Morta and thinking of starting over now that I have a better grasp on what I was doing. Dead Cells, though - I'm trying to get better at the game itself and while I have one boss cell, the game destroys me when I move up a difficulty level. I REALLY wanna unlock what's beyond the end of the initial run so I'm stubbornly plugging away.
Children of Morta needs much more love than it got. It's such a wonderful little game - has great characterisation, interesting gameplay and flexibility in how you want to play. And it's so pretty and sounds a treat too. It's criminally unknown. ;.;
author=Liberty
Children of Morta needs much more love than it got. It's such a wonderful little game - has great characterisation, interesting gameplay and flexibility in how you want to play. And it's so pretty and sounds a treat too. It's criminally unknown. ;.;

It really is! It takes simple story telling and mixes in the family bonds and the way that gradually grows feels organic. That and the combat rewards smart play - although the son is easily OP cuz his chaining ability.

I always recommend it to anyone looking for dungeon crawlers but I tell em they'll get more than that for it.
According to Steam, my most played game is Team Fortress 2, with 2,833 hours on record (not that it’s much compared to other professional players, I’ve seen up to 10,000 hours on some people’s profiles), but that’s just for Steam games. In fact, even Steam might be wrong, as I have 763 hours on the game Starbound which I know for a fact I have played for at least double that amount while Steam wasn’t recording.fuck you and your spam