WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Been playing Motorsport Manager and Among Us.

Motosport Manager is a lot of fun if you like management sims, or are just a fan of racing in general. It's a very deep and enjoyable game and has some superb mods available.

Among Us is something I wanted to play for a bit. When I saw some YouTubers I like playing it, I watched several hours of it and really loved the concept as a player of Werewolf, Town of Salem, etc. Played for a few hours so far, and I feel that watching so much gameplay worked in my favour so well, as I jumped into my first match fully knowing how the game plays. I know Ozzy plays because I was talking to him about it, and he mentioned Liberty also plays. We should get a big RMN game going sometime, it's such a fun game.
I decided to step back from the Switch back catalog to tackle a recent uptick in interest in the Megaten games, namely the older ones. And I have to say the older ones will ab-so-lutely kick you square in the sex-bits with difficulty but that's okay...CUZ THOSE BATTLE TRACKS ARE BANGERS. God, man. And here my naïve arse missed out all these years and yet here I have some games that I'm legit excited to have my rear imprinted with a boot by.

Although, listening to the music alone, it feels like the battle themes have grown from being fast and hard hitting to more grandiose, and while they retain some of the same energy...it doesn't hit as hard.

Maybe once I manage to beat IF and a few others, I'mma retackle SMT:IV
@Punk_Kricket, the early SMT games are really great! I adore the first Shin Megami Tensei on SNES. There's something in that game that has me hooked everytime I play it, more-so than later SMT games for some reason. I think it's partly because of the very quick pace you move around and in and out of battles.

I have yet to try the initial Megami Tensei series on NES. I heard those are brutal to the point of ridiculous frustration, so I might just skip them altogether.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
Got my hands on Path of Radiance. been a long time since I’ve played a new fire emblem so what the heck let’s dig into it! Just finished the first four chapters today and the whole time I kept thinking ‘how would one write a good mercenary gang?’ I guess like this. I like where things are going so far. Ike is a beast and Titania is my favorite so far. I’ve always had a soft spot for the ol’ loyal retainer cliche.

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I had to do double-take on that, because I initially read...

...something entirely different.
Going back to the remastered classics, I am playing the Resident Evil 1 Remake on the pc again. It is incredible to see the comparison between this version and the original PS1. It's a whole different technology.
I’m having fun trying to get through Omori even though it has me crying like the little idiot that I am.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Played a bit of Cyberpunk. There is so much love and care put into the world, that it's really unfortunate. You can physically see how much love and effort went into making this. But it's both incomplete, and has a rushed feeling. The story seems intact, as is voice acting and scenes in that nature, but the gameplay is missing the full functionality that would elevate this to masterpiece. Things like driving a car becomes painfully unsatisfying, as the physics lack where games like Grand Theft Auto V exceeds. The gunplay is annoying in a way that Halo exceeds. The hacking is maybe the best function, but it's effectively a randomized puzzle that doesn't always allow a solution. The best combat choice thus far found is a katana. If you cut off someone's head, they can't exactly fight back. So why bother with anything else? Just pump a point into being unaffected by your own grenades, launch one into a crowd and hack n slash your way through.
That said, katana is hard to aim, because you're stuck in first person perspective, which was told to be a 'choice', but if you look down while walking, it is clearly a choice to hide the character animation. (stairs are hard!)
Considering the size of CD Project Red, I'm unsurprised at the lacking areas, and overwhelmingly joyed at the successes of this game. While the gameplay is kind of bad, it's not unplayable or even "bad bad". Just "not as good as __insert other game here__". What takes my breath is the world. There's so many immersive details in data packs, news reels, talk shows, vendors, adverts, crosswalk painting that changes when it's safe to cross, police investigation holographic barracades, hookers who pull you in for a short cutscene where you wear your underpants the entire time (thanks Day One patch!), and character dialogue that underlines the history of Night City. From the landscape, to the vehicles, to the weapon designs; everything in Night City *look* amazing. When thus game is fully patched and fixed up, it's going to be a gem. Until then, I'll suffer through the glitches and frequent game crashing to experience this world as it is.

edit: side note, in the opening credits, WarnerBrothers is listed. Clearly they were producers. If so, the incomplete launch for Christmas makes all the more sense, and I think people should give CD Project Red some slack. I said a lot of crap above, but I still enjoy the game, and look forward to the future. WB probably forced them to launch early so they could cash in for a profitable fourth quarter and make share holders smile. Which is a whimsical sidenote to a game that is anti- evil corporation. Hah!
Backwards_Cowboy
owned a Vita and WiiU. I know failure
Bought Call of Duty: Cold War since it was on sale, put about 25 hours into that over the past couple weeks.

Started up Fire Emblem: Three Houses to play as one of the other houses (did the Black Eagles the first time, Edelgard is a tank). Of course signing into Animal Crossing: New Horizons daily as well.

Intermittently making progress through Trails of Cold Steel IV.
I wanted to murder some dudes the other day, so I looked at my library and installed Homefront

Holy shit that game is terrible. It's just plain awful. I just wanted a linear story-based shooter where I got to murder some people but holy shit that game just hates anyone trying to play it. I finally ragequit halfway in when there was a forced stealth mission where I had to run around and not murder people just because the game arbitrarily decided that now was not the time to murder after I had just murdered 50 people in the building next door.

I mean I knew going in that it was going to be terrible and I would have been fine with how bad it was (and yes it really is that bad) but I couldn't deal with not being able to just murder everyone. Though the people I really wanted to murder were my AI companions who wouldn't let me open doors. But they just shouted "don't shoot me" whenever I emptied a magazine at them.

So then I went ahead and installed the 2010 (-ish?) version of Medal of Honor and it was probably bad too. But after playing Homefront this felt like a breath of fresh air and just sweet goodness. The shooting and objectives were clearer. I still only got to open a door every now and then and the AI companions occasionally got stuck in scenery when they were supposed to walk up and open my doors (they usually got unstuck after I shot them a couple of times) but at least it was fun to murder people in this one.

So fun that I even voluntarily stayed stealthy when they asked me to. Even though the couple of times I didn't they didn't award me with an instant game over but instead just an early firefight.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I keep falling asleep while playing Persona 5 Royal...kindof annoying when the only real gaming time I have these days is around midnight, and often there are 30-40 minutes of playtime between save points.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=Yellow Magic
I keep falling asleep while playing Persona 5 Royal...kindof annoying when the only real gaming time I have these days is around midnight, and often there are 30-40 minutes of playtime between save points.

Whew, been there - I've been in that problem for years. Really has cramped down on my game completion rate.
Valheim and Shadow Warrior.

Valheim was a big surprise, is quite good. The most dangerous thing to do is be a lumberjack.
Beat System Shock 2 finally, was a game I've been meaning to get through ever since it came out and I now realize why it was so hard to get through as a kid.

A lot of objectives got somewhat complex in the middle part where you had to combine certain chemicals and research something with a specific skill (and use an implant if you don't even have the required research stat). This is where I kinda stopped playing in my current playthrough and came back to it a little later. Game sorta went back to its rudimentary go here, find this keycode, destroy this, find that, put that into thing to find. The game got to a better pace, and then it dips again towards the very end where I was just waiting for the game to end already.

Kinda felt like I threw everything I could at it, abused save scumming, used boosts whenever I could, swapped out the exact ammo I needed to optimize damage and save more ammo, used weapons i wasn't trained in on enemies that weren't worth the 'good ammo', maintained and upgraded whenever I could etc. and the game still put up a fight towards the end. There was always something that managed to make it feel like an obstacle. As opposed to most games where you find the one trick and power past it. In a weird way the game has a roughness where a lot of mechanics kind of go nowhere, and mechanics you thought were dead ends become what the whole game is about. You can probably cheese the whole game with the basic pistol with only 4 in standard weapons if you know what you're doing, but the whole game holds up despite that.

Not gonna spoil anything specific, but the ending baffled me in a "oh they must have ran out of time" way. The beginning of the game is such an iconic and impactful setup yet the payoff felt like the game developers shrugging. I get why people want a sequel though, cause yeah there has been spiritual successors but I don't think anything really quite replaces the villain SHODAN. Might try beating SS1 even though there is a remake incoming.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Cyberpunk 2077, looks snazzy, except for the crashes. :p

Backwards_Cowboy
I recently found out the the Shin Megami Tensei MMORPG "SMT: Imagine" is being kept alive by a fan community as "SMT: ReImagine" so I've been putting some time into that as well as other games I played but never finished.
Trails of Cold Steel IV is an amazing game and I am in the process of finishing it. It’s amazing to see that there are people who are able to create something this meaningful as this game is amazing to play. I know that it’s not the best in terms of gameplay but when it comes to the narrative, there is nothing that can top it for me as I was invested ever since the Sky games on the PSP and the Crossbell games on the same platform and the Steel games just make it so much better for me.
Backwards_Cowboy
author=KrishnaSankar
Trails of Cold Steel IV is an amazing game and I am in the process of finishing it. It’s amazing to see that there are people who are able to create something this meaningful as this game is amazing to play. I know that it’s not the best in terms of gameplay but when it comes to the narrative, there is nothing that can top it for me as I was invested ever since the Sky games on the PSP and the Crossbell games on the same platform and the Steel games just make it so much better for me.

I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to finish that one. I played through the first three no problem, but the fourth feels like a chore at times. The amount of talking I feel is excessive early on compared to the previous entries, which had more of their exposition in the mid- and late-game segments.

author=Hexatona
author=Yellow Magic
Whew, been there - I've been in that problem for years. Really has cramped down on my game completion rate.

That game needs a mid-dialogue quick save function. If you're going to dedicate so much of your game to being a visual novel, give us a way to stop in the middle of it rather than making antiquated save points.
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
Currently, I am trying out the Dreamcast library.

First, I shall play Sonic Adventure 2, and then...a rather bizarre game that I'll speak of in a written LP later on.
Currently, I’m finding myself obsessed with the NEO: The world ends with you demo.