WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS V2.0

Yeah, 16 is often a legislated minimum age in many states and provinces. Chances are it would be illegal to hire you until you're 16.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
Most states where age 16 is the minimum work age usually can provide a work permit for you at age 14 but it will come with serious restrictions.

I can tell you from my own experience most major retailers will not hire someone under age 16 with or without a permit, regardless of state law. Honestly, most of them do not even like to hire people under age 18. When they do it is out of necessity. Minors are a lot of paperwork (parental waivers), a lot of hassle (state laws concerning schedules and work duties), usually a lot less productive than adults (generally speaking), have more scheduling conflicts (they are at the whim of their school activities and their family) and a veritable goldmine for government fines (punch out 1 minute late to go home on a six hour shift? Child labor law violation!).

This doesn't really apply to local and/or mom & pop businesses that don't bother with the law anyways.

I personally know many managers who won't hire minors period. I disagree with this philosophy since I started out in retail as a minor and I did okay for myself. :(
Sweet Deal Ankylo!

I haven't seen you post for such a long time...
Just to have a happy, healthy family... and to be able to make my homemade holiday candy to my heart's content! ^____^ I would love to spend the day just baking cakes and cookies and brownies... it's such a passion of mine.

Oh, are you asking my materialistic side? *blush*

~Any Tales game that I don't have yet...
~A PsP
~Dragon Quest IV DS
~Chrono Trigger IV DS
~Raphsody: A Musical Adventure (on DS, too, I think)
~An mp3 player or iPod or something like that
~Peace and Quiet. Lots of it.

I want to get something adorably cute and educational for Anna to play with.
And for Asa... well... I CAN'T SAY!
Whenever there are holidays approaching or just some big event that I look forward too, I get sick. This time I have a cold. It's mild right now, but still there.

I really wish to NOT spend my Christmas Eve in bed with a temperature, runny nose and coughing fits...
author=Hellera link=topic=2693.msg51447#msg51447 date=1229803846
Whenever there are holidays approaching or just some big event that I look forward too, I get sick. This time I have a cold. It's mild right now, but still there.

Your exactly like me. I usually get the flu every christmas which really pisses me off.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=2693.msg51289#msg51289 date=1229672417
My issue is, I have no family members in a oh, twenty to thirty mile radius. I work for grandma in return for food/shelter, and lets not talk about parents. So, guardian waver and retail stores are my last option.

I know what you mean, so I know I can get this job at one place but no until I'm 16. So I'll just have to go saving money from the lunch money my parents give me. Although a job would of helped me save some money for P4.
...Can we get off this whole job issue here, it's a christmas topic, not a "How to" guide on jobs.

Having said that...

4 MORE DAYS!!!

I can't wait! It draws so close, and I actually don't have the SLIGHTEST idea on what I am getting for once! Hopefully an iPod touch, or some airsoft guns.

Also, there is absolutely no way that I won't have a white christmas this year. We are expecting temperature to drop to between -25°C and -40°C (-13°F to -40°F) and we are expecting around another 20 cm of snow (7.9 in).

Yup, it's beginning to look a lot like christmas!
white christmases are over rated. especially when you can't visit your friends because of it.
Lies. Christmas just isn't the same without snow.
author=myersguy link=topic=2693.msg51608#msg51608 date=1229886170
...Can we get off this whole job issue here, it's a christmas topic, not a "How to" guide on jobs.

Having said that...

4 MORE DAYS!!!

I can't wait! It draws so close, and I actually don't have the SLIGHTEST idea on what I am getting for once! Hopefully an iPod touch, or some airsoft guns.

Also, there is absolutely no way that I won't have a white christmas this year. We are expecting temperature to drop to between -25°C and -40°C (-13°F to -40°F) and we are expecting around another 20 cm of snow (7.9 in).

Yup, it's beginning to look a lot like christmas!

Awh, they're so cute when they're that that age! What's Santa gonna bring you champ? Hey? Hey? *Pats Myersguy on the head*
author=Abite link=topic=2693.msg51636#msg51636 date=1229894217
white christmases are over rated. especially when you can't visit your friends because of it.

I would kill to have some snow at christmas time. I'm sick of the freaking heat.
Starscream
author=demondestiny link=topic=2693.msg51674#msg51674 date=1229905388
I would kill to have some snow at christmas time. I'm sick of the freaking heat.

I thought you lived in California? It's not particulary warm there right now.
author=demondestiny link=topic=2693.msg51674#msg51674 date=1229905388
author=Abite link=topic=2693.msg51636#msg51636 date=1229894217

I seem to enjoy the heat a lot. O_o Cold...It makes me sick and I REALLY hate it when I get sick. Sniffing all day is sooo frustrating and it causes some slight breathing problems. To be specific, I can't breathe through my nose and my respiratory system seems to take in a lot less air.

But I do enjoy snow during christmas. ^_^
author=Holbert link=topic=2693.msg51675#msg51675 date=1229905787
Do you even really live in California? It's not particulary warm there right now.

actually no, i'm over in Australia at the moment visiting the folks and of course it's summer over here.
Starscream
I have plenty of snow I would like to send to you.
author=Holbert link=topic=2693.msg51679#msg51679 date=1229906003

haha please do. If you can find a way to change the weather from heat to cold that would be great as well.
Same as Holbert and what I really want for Christmas is to be able to stay at my mom's house...but i don't get that...I have to go to my step grandparents house with my dad and my step mom :P
author=Holbert link=topic=2693.msg51679#msg51679 date=1229906003
I second this.