RMN ROLEPLAYING GROUP: SECOND TRY!

Pages: 1
Well it looks like the last attempt at an RMN Roleplaying group fell through. With the school year ending and my busy period at work coming to a close, I thought I'd try to get things going again. Anyone interested in trying to start up a new campaign? Last one was D&D 4th, which I'd like to try again, but I don't insist on it, so feel free to suggest a different system if you want to try it out.

Other than D&D 4th, I've got BESm 2 & 3, Tristat dX and access to GURPS, D&D 3rd, and some of the better known White Wolf games, so those would be my favored systems. Anyone else interested and want to pull anything together? And is anyone interested in being GM?
I'd be down for this. Max is a good GM but I don't know if he'd be into it : D

I'd definitely be for D&D 3.0, but I could always dig some White Wolf.
Didn't you vanish from the site for a few months?

I probably won't do this because I am a pretty busy guy, but I'm not sure how long something like this will together without a bit of devotion from the manager.
I wouldn't mind some White Wolf (preferably Vampire, since I'm most familiar with that. I'm familiar with Masquerade, but honestly, vampires can't change that much can they? And I'd love to try the newer version).

Would this be forum-based? I for one would love to try some playing over Skype some day. Though I'm not really sure there's any interest in that kind of thing.

I don't really like D&D and GURPS feels kinda clunky (Though I've only read 3rd edition). But if it's GURPS it's really all about what setting it'll be (I've got a GURPS Alpha Centauri sourcebook (based on the game) that I'd really love to play some day. Though if I do it'll probably be with some other system)
In what form are you planning to do this? Forum? Some kind of messenger?

I might be interested in DnD 3.0.
I've got no plans at the moment, because for starters I'd rather not be the one running the campaign. I'm trying to organize a group, but I'd rather not take point unless no one else is winning.

What we did last time was Ventrilo with MapTool. There were a lot of technical issues there, though. Skype was what I had suggested at first, but one of the players couldn't get it to work on his system.

author=Karsuman link=topic=2732.msg51402#msg51402 date=1229780050
Didn't you vanish from the site for a few months?

I probably won't do this because I am a pretty busy guy, but I'm not sure how long something like this will together without a bit of devotion from the manager.

Like I implied in the first post, I've been in the busy season at work and they had been keeping me late so I dropped out of the old game. I gave people forewarning of that and designated a new DM before I did so, though. Real life interferes with RP groups all the time, and I certainly can't swear it's not going to happen again, but I'll be sure to give people some warning that it's going to happen and try to set up a replacement if it does. No one else can honestly promise more than that.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
WHY NO NINJA BURGER!?
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Shadowtext is back, and you know I'm definably aboard. This time I'm not ever DMing, I feel myself responsible the last one failed.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I have written several tabletop games; one in particular is recent, currently being worked on, and in dire need or robust playtesting experiences.

If anyone is interested in that at all, that would definitely motivate me to become involved with this in a GMing capacity.

Just putting it out there, if there is a clamor for detials, then details there shall be.

Edit: Okay, guess not. :)
Max McGee
If I were to run a game of my favorite RPG, Shadowrun (4E) some time in the not-too-distant (but not-too-near either) future, would anyone be interested in that sort of a thing?
Max McGee
So is the issue that no one knows anything about Shadowrun or is the issue that we just have a very, very shallow pool of people willing to try tabletop roleplaying?

Someone throw me a bone here or I WILL quadruple post because this conversation I am having with myself is already ri-god-damn-diculous.
I've only ever skimmed through a Shadowrun book. I have no experience whatsoever with the system but I sort of know the setting. I'd be interested in some Shadowrun if it wasn't for a couple of issues that prevents me at the moment at least.

1) I'm Euro (GMT+2 Euro). And I'm not really willing to get up at 3am/stay up until 5am to game.
2) My internet connection is pretty poor where I am now and I frequently disconnect which wouldn't exactly make real-time roleplaying any easier for anyone involved if I was involved.

One thing I'd like to see is so to speak "casual sessions". If you notice a three-four willing roleplayers online at any given moment that may give up an hour or two of their time it would be fun to be able to just set up sessions on the spot. They'd probably be more free-form with fairly simple rules and character creation that is just a concept. But it could possibly be fun?
It's really a shame no one wants to play a Megas XLR game.

Giant fighting robot cars are awesome ;D
Pages: 1