RMN3 CHANGES (EVERYONE READ)

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
This is an important question.

Can absolutely everything be commented on?

I really hope this is the case.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Max McGee
As for your other statements, you don't seem to grasp the similarity between a game page and a forum thread. You post a game thread and it shows up at the top of the topic list. You post a game page and it shows up at the top of the game list (with the default sorting).

How will complete games be drawn to people's attention? I know you said before that they can search for completed games, but I mean, what if people aren't actively searching and are just clicking whatever's at the top of the games list? How do complete games that aren't being worked on get topdecked? If someone reviews them? Well how will someone to know to review them if they don't get topdecked?

Can was have more than one featured game, possibly?

I have always felt that completed games should be given special treatment because they are so rare.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Max, those are issues that are worse right now. The things I have said help them.
author=WIP link=topic=2801.msg53282#msg53282 date=1230793841
The game list has been redone to "bump" the most recently updated games to the top, working like a forum topic in that regard. To update your game, you simply add content to it. A new image, video, download, or blog post will bump your game. Active games will naturally float to the top of the list.

WIP and I argued about this quite a lot actually, and I think this is the best compromise. It is best to think about this as functionally the same thing as the forum.

author=Max McGee link=topic=2801.msg53638#msg53638 date=1230923918
How will complete games be drawn to people's attention? I know you said before that they can search for completed games, but I mean, what if people aren't actively searching and are just clicking whatever's at the top of the games list? How do complete games that aren't being worked on get topdecked? If someone reviews them? Well how will someone to know to review them if they don't get topdecked?

I can't help but think you oppose this because it hamstrings you and what you do best - plug your games absolutely nonstop and without shame in order to draw attention to them. You will no longer be able to swamp the game discussion thread with pages of threads of games you have made over the years! How do you think the rest of us feel when you create yet another Iron Gaia thread when our new projects with 100% original assets that have been coded from scratch get buried under your fifteen old game threads?

I disagree that complete games should get more attention than new games. The entire problem with the community is that there is not enough discussion about new games and not enough support of new toolsets. The objective of RPGMaker.net is to provide feedback and attention for new developers, projects, and methods. It is not a place dedicated to chat about A Blurred Line, The Way, Iron Gaia, or whatever other 6-year-old RMNK game you grew up with. It's great to talk about classic games, particularly if they were overlooked, but we need to look ahead also. The RPGMaker community outside of RMXP/VX.org has been WAY to insular for many years and that is why it has had trouble growing. And can you guess why RMXP/VX.org have been so popular?
Max McGee
Yeah I'm pretty much not going to bother posting here or anywhere else if that is how people feel.

How do you think the rest of us feel when you create yet another Iron Gaia thread when our new projects with 100% original assets that have been coded from scratch get buried under your fifteen old game threads?

Yet another? You ridiculous bitch. I made ONE THREAD for TWO COMPLETE GAMES AND A DEMO.
WIP
You sound like a brochure, brandon, and even managed to the get the site name wrong.

How people feel about what, Max?
As a casual/non-primary resident of this community, I am quite excited to see how this will work out to be honest, and would like to give my compliments to its innovation. However, I can certainly see why those whose projects are home-based on here would be nervous, as it is somewhat of a gamble as mentioned.

Hopefully for the better though, and I think the best outcome for it would be an unique advantage of this community over other RM/game dev forums. The most vital part would probably be the process of convincing people to use it, and market it/make the system known.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
RMN3 looks really good. Great job everyone, I'm really looking forward to it!

Alright well I dont know if anyone else suggested this because I haven't read through the entire topic, but what if under the games listing it was seperated by Compeleted, Production, and Canceled games? That way people could give feedback easier by just leaving comments and not having to look through all completed or canceled games. That way neither is really in the spotlight, people can choose what they are looking for.
author=Ciel link=topic=2801.msg53690#msg53690 date=1230948694
RMN3 looks really good. Great job everyone, I'm really looking forward to it!

I vote this to be the new logo of RMN. ;)
WIP
author=Asham link=topic=2801.msg53716#msg53716 date=1230955832
Alright well I dont know if anyone else suggested this because I haven't read through the entire topic, but what if under the games listing it was seperated by Compeleted, Production, and Canceled games? That way people could give feedback easier by just leaving comments and not having to look through all completed or canceled games. That way neither is really in the spotlight, people can choose what they are looking for.
You will be able to filter based on game status, among other things.
author=demondestiny link=topic=2801.msg53723#msg53723 date=1230961332
I vote this to be the new logo of RMN. ;)

Needs more rainbows.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I assume with this new way of going about everything your going to make it so we can finally edit our comments when posting on a game page?
WIP
And more, yes.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Will we be able to sort the Who's Online page by action?

Will there be more stats?
Max McGee
author=WIP link=topic=2801.msg53682#msg53682 date=1230940867
You sound like a brochure, brandon, and even managed to the get the site name wrong.

How people feel about what, Max?

I can't help but think you oppose this because it hamstrings you and what you do best - plug your games absolutely nonstop and without shame in order to draw attention to them.You will no longer be able to swamp the game discussion thread with pages of threads of games you have made over the years! How do you think the rest of us feel when you create yet another Iron Gaia thread when our new projects with 100% original assets that have been coded from scratch get buried under your fifteen old game threads?

THIS, by the way. I wasn't referring to any of the changes to RMN.

What I "do best" is actually MAKE a ton of games and also contribute more reviews and feedback for other people's games than just about anyone on the site. If that fact is not being appreciated, if in spite of that people think I'm just some kind of hype machine with no new projects, it doesnt' make me want to work on any of my shit or post here. That's why my posting for the last few days has been at an all time low.

To be totally clear, I was not referring to the new RMN policies.
author=Max McGee link=topic=2801.msg54013#msg54013 date=1231135564
What I "do best" is actually MAKE a ton of games and also contribute more reviews and feedback for other people's games than just about anyone on the site. If that fact is not being appreciated, if in spite of that people think I'm just some kind of hype machine . . .

Dude, I said nothing about any of this. You're one of the best members here! I was just saying I suspect one of the problems you have with the site redesign is the priority it will place on new and active projects. You've made lots of great games, and it's great to see them finding new fans, but I don't think I'm the only one that feels cheated when our projects get buried under your legacy projects.
DE
*click to edit*
Umm... you have a project?