Pages: 1
Muse
(does not involve the band)

a game by
AznChipmunk
YummyDrumsticks
Malad

A sci-fi horror adventure game.

The story follows Selim Shirazi, a young engineer, aboard space station the Vestel. It's hard to explain more without giving anything away...

Screenshots:

v0.8:
http://www.mediafire.com/?otwzhz0ioyy
RMN Hosting:
http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/902/downloads/891/

The contest poll:
http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=77069.0

Happy New Year!
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
(does not involve the band)

My interest has waned.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Holy shit.

Max and I agree on something. Muse (the band) = good.

On topic: I wish the lighting effects weren't so dramatic. Theyre cool and all, but kind of a nuissance for gameplay.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
get out

EDIT:

Well guys, hold your horses because Muse is now kicked out of the contest because our team was falsely accused of cheating. I'd be okay if it was because the game was too short or the lack of game play was the reason, but whatever.

What is more important is that I hope you guys enjoy what little of the game there is.

If you guys are curious, just message me where ever, but let's try to keep this out of the thread and forum in general. I don't want to start any more problems than there already is.

Adieu.
Why were you guys accused of cheating?

Anyway, i remember seeing this ages ago but never tried it out.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
... Ages ago? Why sir, we just worked on this a few weeks to a month ago. ._.

Anyways, that's drama from another community that doesn't belong here. Just informin' ya that it's off the polls.
I like the look and atmosphere I'll have to try it out before I give you any real positive feedback.
I dunno, I think your maps look purty. (I like liteing FX, so sue me.) I may in fact play this - I like the genre.
author=YummyDrumsticks link=topic=2802.msg53311#msg53311 date=1230804022
... Ages ago? Why sir, we just worked on this a few weeks to a month ago. ._.

Anyways, that's drama from another community that doesn't belong here. Just informin' ya that it's off the polls.

I posted a screenshot in early November.

author=Max McGee link=topic=2802.msg53305#msg53305 date=1230798219
My interest has waned.

There are also people who wouldn't play it if it involved the band.

EDIT: Basically, I feel we were disqualified because the_nackster didn't want us to win. -_-
Malad hasn't lost his touch. I'll be picking this up later -- what you've told me of the premise definitely peaked my interest, and the visuals look pretty competent as well. <3
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Hm, seems interesting. Alright I'll give this a try, and I do like the maps.
Coolio and all that. Whatever happened to that game I think you (or maybe someone else?) and Malad were working on a long time ago... Gates of Evocation, wasn't it?

Downloading...
author=Orig link=topic=2802.msg53566#msg53566 date=1230876892
Coolio and all that. Whatever happened to that game I think you (or maybe someone else?) and Malad were working on a long time ago... Gates of Evocation, wasn't it?

Downloading...

Ah, Ghostlight days. That wasn't me and Malad, that was Malad and Cheshire Cat. Strangely enough, I never actually worked with Malad on a project until this, although we discussed doing so. I don't know if he is still making that, but I don't think so.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Gates of Evocation from Ghostlight Productions (designed by Malad and CheshireCat) has been on hiatus for so long that it might as well be considered canceled by default.

I do have my hands on the ultra-rare demo, and boy is it good.

author=AznChipmunk link=topic=2802.msg53459#msg53459 date=1230849727
author=Max McGee link=topic=2802.msg53305#msg53305 date=1230798219
My interest has waned.

Why? Why would someone not play a game just because it has music from a band they don't like? I can't understand this mindset. I just can't.
Just played it, and definitely want to see more. Have you ever played Echo Night: Beyond or Seven Days a Skeptic? This reminded me more of a mixture of those two than something like Dead Space.

But, yeah. Cool beans.

Hahaha this is the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

Uh, I'll comment on the actual game in a bit.
author=Max McGee link=topic=2802.msg53627#msg53627 date=1230923147
Why? Why would someone not play a game just because it has music from a band they don't like? I can't understand this mindset. I just can't.

*shrugs*

Well, I guess I can understand because I'd get pretty annoyed by playing a game with rap or heavy metal or something blaring in the background all the time. (I like that music, even.) If it was a band I specifically disliked, I would be less inclined to play it. Also, since the title is Muse, and if the game was related to Muse, it might seem that the game would be all about Muse.

author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=2802.msg53654#msg53654 date=1230931041

Hahaha this is the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

Uh, I'll comment on the actual game in a bit.

Well...
1. People who dislike the band said they wouldn't play it if it was related
2. I was listening to Muse when I was writing the plot, but it's not really related
3. I wouldn't want to use background music with lyrics, and I really like what I'm already using anyways.
4. I wouldn't... make a game about a band anyways. >_> I would only come up with original stories...

author=Orig link=topic=2802.msg53653#msg53653 date=1230930982
Just played it, and definitely want to see more. Have you ever played Echo Night: Beyond or Seven Days a Skeptic? This reminded me more of a mixture of those two than something like Dead Space.

Never heard of Echo Night: Beyond. I've played 7 Days a Skeptic and the rest of the series, and this game is actually somewhat inspired by that series (although it's mostly because of just brainstorming with a few other people.)

Various people who I have told about the plot have made comparisons to Dead Space and Silent Hill, and others, none of which I have played...
author=AznChipmunk link=topic=2802.msg53670#msg53670 date=1230935526
Never heard of Echo Night: Beyond. I've played 7 Days a Skeptic and the rest of the series, and this game is actually somewhat inspired by that series (although it's mostly because of just brainstorming with a few other people.)

Well, if you guys ever have a bad case of writer's block, I'd suggest playing it for inspiration. The atmosphere of Echo Night matches almost perfectly with yours.

For example,

It's incredibly slow, but the story makes up for it.
Pages: 1