ALLO

Pages: 1
How do, it's good to meet you. The name's Enso

I only just picked up RPG Maker VX after a chat with another maker sparked my interest. I watched the hilarious trailer on youtube (Pixel art is awesome!) and decided to give it a fiddle around.

After a while I began to see some of my childhood ideas come to life and it inspired me to write a whole game. At the moment I have a basic plot, lacking a middle conflict. I'm working on everything alone at the moment but I've seen some great things done with this little program from some talented people so I might have to request a helping hand in realising my "vision" hah. Well, that's all for now on that, I can't wait to unveil my project when I'm a bit further ahead.

I've studied media (aparently the most useless subject) at college and I'm currently unemployed, looking to develop and mature my skills. I've directed a couple of student movies as well as written scripts and studied script writing. I also have basic skills and knowledge for other aspects of media like TV Drama, comedy, animation.

Some of my interests:
Music (Jazz, Blues, Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Classical...)
Film (Shawshank Redemption, Raging Bull, The Fly, all genres)
Comedy (Stewart Lee, Bill Bailey...)
Games (Resident Evil 4, Shadow of the Colossus, Zombie Virus, Mega Man...)
Comics (Watchmen, The Walking Dead, Wolverine Origins...)

I look forward to being part of the community. See y'all 'round.
Hey, I took Multimedia 820 in grad school, and I got to code a sweet alpha blend screen transition in MATLAB. Media's s'alright. I also coded a screen transition detector - input a movie and I'd could tell you when the screen transitions were.

Welcome to RMN!
Here's one more. Thanks for the welcome.

author=ketona
Hey, I took Multimedia 820 in grad school, and I got to code a sweet alpha blend screen transition in MATLAB. Media's s'alright. I also coded a screen transition detector - input a movie and I'd could tell you when the screen transitions were.

Welcome to RMN!
Cool, I took a little programming a couple of years ago but decided it wasn't for me. It's too much like working with children hah. Media is really rewarding. Putting together each small, disjointed piece of information can get daunting until you step back and behold the final product. It brings great satisfaction. Shame the Film/TV industry is a mess.

author=Enso_ link=topic=2823.msg53900#msg53900 date=1231084679
I've studied media (aparently the most useless subject) at college and I'm currently unemployed

Join the club man. That describes like half of the people at RMN!
Pages: 1