RPG MAKER VX. RMVX IS TO RMXP WHAT RM2K3 IS TO RM2K; RMVX RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED

Pages: first 123 next last
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/article/news/2007/10/0501.php

New edition of RPG Maker XP, with some new features. Mainly improved performance, easier scripting (hopefully they update for the new version of Ruby), and new autotile features.

Also, considering they have a new artist for Monsters, it is very likely we'll see a brand new RTP.

The price is set at about $99USD in Yen, there is no slated release date for America, nor any reason to believe it will be released in America except that RMXP was. The Japanese release date is December 27th '07, and some websites elude to that there will be more information, perhaps some sort of promo, on October 9th.

We can just wait and see.

Anyhow, what are your thoughts? If they release it in America, hopefully there will be some sort of discount for those of us who held onto our receipts for RMXP, but unlikely. I for one will be willing to shell out the money though (it will likely be cheaper than $99, as RMXP was much cheaper than it's Japanese price since we got no box or manuals or sample games.) Mainly for the improved performance. RMXP doesn't run optimally, and I would prefer to play an RMVX game over an RMXP of equal quality and style, assuming they are going to deliver what they boast.

Also a new RTP would be very nice. I'm fucking tired of Aluxes.
It sounds really neat and all, but hell, worth another 60$? I don't know. If it comes here, I may not buy it, unless it turns out to be considerably better.
There's no "another" for me. Never bothered with XP.

I will consider this, but will most likely "retire" after I finish my current projects.
Chartley: Consider the improvement in performance speed. Rm2k never had a problem with performance speed and drawing time, so it wasn't a big deal not upgrading to Rm2k3, but one of RMXP's biggest flaws is that it can lag even on a decent computer, and for SNES quality games, that's bullshit. That being fixed would have a major improvement over games as a whole.

Although, if the fix is purely in the visible scripts, it's likely that you could just copy paste it into RMXP and the upgrade would be there too, which would be awesome.
Hmmm - I must admit that I stopped at 2000 (bless it!) but may be intersted if this new version were to be the real improvement we all hope it is - after all XP has a LOT of problems.
I'd like to see the final feature list. I dunno what you can really do with auto-tiles to make them better. Easier coding is nice, but it doesn't make a difference to me unless they brought it down to 'No coding.'

Optimal performance would rock though. Lag in XP is annoying and it would be nice for games to look sharper in full screen mode.

New RTP would be nice, but hey, odds are the graphics will be compatible with XP and it can just be foisted into it.

Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
author=kentona link=topic=298.msg3844#msg3844 date=1191727648
There's no "another" for me. Never bothered with XP.

I will consider this, but will most likely "retire" after I finish my current projects.

By retire hopefully you mean just lurking around and being a jerk to newer users like all of us other old timers.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I'm wondering what they are doing to increase the performance.
Probably removing the need to refresh graphics every frame, whether nothing happens or not. And fixing Event->Interpreter conversation.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
author=WIP link=topic=298.msg3860#msg3860 date=1191804903

This just in: RPG Maker VX powered by ika.

The WIPS rejoice!
I am definately getting RMVX, it is mainly an issue of when (would love to see an english version come out a lot sooner).

Hopefully Enterbrain is already working on a localization so we don't have to wait 2 years.
author=rcholbert link=topic=298.msg3862#msg3862 date=1191818958
author=WIP link=topic=298.msg3860#msg3860 date=1191804903

This just in: RPG Maker VX powered by ika.

The WIPS rejoice!
That would be pretty ironic if they ripped off some rpg maker community program code.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=Tribal Tail link=topic=298.msg3872#msg3872 date=1191872169
That would be pretty ironic if they ripped off some rpg maker community program code.
It would be amazing, because I would sue their ass. ika is GPLed code.
Then you could hire minions to code rpgmaker.net!
I've heard a lot on this and can't wait to see if it comes out in America. The price wouldn't really bother me if it lives up to it's hype. It'll be interesting to see it's newest features.
WIP

Is it just me or is there only one tile layer in the toolbar?
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
If I had to guess, I'd think the A/B/C/D/E letters below the tileset are for the tile layers, so perhaps it might allow for 5 layers. Either that, or maybe it's that you're supposed to rely on the auto-tiles. I dunno.
That's certainly what it seems like. Having five layers would be a nice thing.

12/27 Japan release date. Hopefully we'll see something in the spring or summer. It actually looks like they're going back to the 2k-style. If you look at the battle screen, it's 2k-style with bars. So, pretty much, it's high-res RM2k with classes. And script editing. At least from what I can see.

At least you don't have to script faces in anymore.
I'm just happy about the anti-aliased text in the message windows. And the blurred background behind the menu. I wonder if that means there will be OpenGL support?
Pages: first 123 next last