SCREENSHOT SUPERBOWL SUNDAY

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I finally convinced myself to make the HUD.
Did you put a demo yet? I'm kinda interested in how it actually plays. A video would be cool too if you could Craze.

Also:

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
This is, like, pre-alpha stuff but yeah. Click to shoot!
http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/Beputa/Beputa--2-7-09.exe

Obviously it'll be more in-depth once I finish more... magnets that mess up your accuracy, different enemy movement styles, etc. That demo is just three-four hours of work!
author=Craze link=topic=3024.msg61450#msg61450 date=1234453550
This is, like, pre-alpha stuff but yeah. Click to shoot!
http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/Beputa/Beputa--2-7-09.exe

Obviously it'll be more in-depth once I finish more... magnets that mess up your accuracy, different enemy movement styles, etc. That demo is just three-four hours of work!

For a while I started ignoring the top one since it never hit you, then I realized they were aiming for the ghosty heart behind me and that hurt me too. :)

Got a good basic feel though, can't wait for the HUD too, though I started to get used to keep tracking of my shots in my head.

Those sprites contrast with the background horribly, Ana.

Think so? I actually like the look a lot, maybe I'm just used to it.
author=Anaryu link=topic=3024.msg61459#msg61459 date=1234456095
Those sprites contrast with the background horribly, Ana.

Think so? I actually like the look a lot, maybe I'm just used to it.
I dunno, I don't think they contrast at all. I personally love the look of that screenshot.
Magi
Resident Terrapin
author=Anaryu link=topic=3024.msg61423#msg61423 date=1234429360
Did you put a demo yet? I'm kinda interested in how it actually plays. A video would be cool too if you could Craze.

Also:

Is that supposed to be the inside of Sword Breaker? I don't remember it looking like that....
I really like the style and the poses. I think the reason why it perhaps looks a bit unfit is the anti-alias zoom. But man those are some awesome sprites otherwise. c:
author=Magi link=topic=3024.msg61566#msg61566 date=1234483310
Is that supposed to be the inside of Sword Breaker? I don't remember it looking like that....

It's far from exactly I'm afraid, I modeled the console off of the one in the manga since I did the same with the ship, but I skipped a lot like the chairs, the fact that the consoles are larger, connected, and added a large window (the stars scroll) to save it from a blank wall.

I'm taking a lot of liberties, including giving the characters special attacks, the first level being VR training in the ship (which was never shown in the series), etc. Nature of the devil of having a limited amount of time and learning all this stuff.

I spent several hours yesterday skipping through DVD scenes trying to find sounds for things that didn't have music with them. Couldn't find any clips of the a psyblade, might end up using like a lightsaber sound effect for swinging or something.
author=GameOverGames Productions link=topic=3024.msg61737#msg61737 date=1234581552

The Holy Shrine of the Beer Real Big Gun

That gun model is awesome, what'd you make it in? And what software are you designing the game in?
The game's made in the open-source Retribution Engine. The screenshot is actually from a FPS/Maze game we created to test out some new features for the engine.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
GIGGITY.

MORE!
Blindmind: Those screens are pretty cool, except the character and background feel like they are meant to be apart. Also, you are using the default movement on maps meant for diagnols.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Not sure if that would work as a map but it would be a great cutscene.
I think the character may fit in quite decently just without the heavy outline; it's not that far off from meshing well. None the less, aye, beautiful stuff.
What happened to your old project?