RETRO GAME CHALLENGE: THE BEST THING EVER

Pages: first prev 12 last
DE
*click to edit*
Only problem I see is that... the sequel LOOKS EVEN BETTER! D:
It's a game in which you play an 80's kid who plays actual full 80's games in the 80's? It's a wierd idea, but it is actually addictive! The RPG included is on par with an old DQ or FF title!
I just got this last week along with Luminous Arc 2 and it's pretty addictive. I never knew I'd play another Space Invaders clone in 2009.
This game has the best credits. I died :(
I got to Haggle Man 2 but I don't know how I managed to do some of its challenges. I just did random things and got through! Last one isn't that bad. Just want to play Guardia Quest right now, silly delays.
Haggle Man 2 is the last game before Guardia Quest. You're almost there!
How long did Guardia Quest last you? It looks great in GameFan's magazine! :P
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Is there a Haggle Man 1 or Luminous Arc 1?
Yeah but LA isn't part of Retro GC. :P
Haggle Man 2 is notably more difficult and the bosses take more damage before dying.
author=ZPE link=topic=3089.msg63940#msg63940 date=1235787356
How long did Guardia Quest last you? It looks great in GameFan's magazine! :P

The fourth challenge is the only one that takes some time. All the challenges shouldn't take more than four hours (using the reliable 'I think it took that long' method) depending on how long you sit and grind in 'safe' areas. You can do it sooner if you go to TheDungeon sooner to grind since the MadPriests give double the cash that everything else drops (plus there's free healing and you can warp between it and any town)

As for actually beating it, I restarted it after completing the fifth challenge (I did the cheese ending) and now I've restarted it in Freeplay so I have no idea how long the game is.

Also Haggleman 2 is the hardest game IMO. I had to use the continue cheat in it about half a dozen times
Well it took me all night to finish all of Guadia Quest's challenges. I'm on the last challenge but I thought the challenge before that was too easy.
Ahahahahahaha

The GameGuardia is hilarious.

From Centraan, go across the northern bridge and go as far west until you find a single forest tile. Look in the tile.

It also kicked my ass
Can't wait to fight it! I'm guessing it's the best Guadia in the game?

Cosmic Gate is going to take me some time to beat, never had that rapid fire finger. ._.

Well at least the magazines are nice.
Don't worry about that. The last magazine has a cheat for Cosmic Gate that makes beating it trivial
Hah, I could only get to Stage 27 before dying but that cheat made it so easy! Cosmic Gate, Haggle Man 2 and Rally King are done now. Next up, Haggle Man 3.
Good luck with that, I had to use the 'Skip to level boss' cheat because I kept getting lost in every level past the first.

If you need to use it, the magazine has a typo. I think instead of BABA it's BBAA (full cheat: BBAA Left Left Right Right)
Looks like an awesome game.
author=Sora link=topic=3089.msg64297#msg64297 date=1235982864
Looks like an awesome game.

Tbh, the looks made me think twice before getting it but now that I have it, it's as you say "awesome"!

@GreatRedSpirit: Yeah there's a typo. I looked on GameFaqs to double check and found it quite useful as it lists all the cheats available but I don't want to skim past the game, if you know what I mean.
Oh yeah, personally I saved the no-cheats playthrough for Freeplay because I really wanted to know what that fourth menu choice was
Pages: first prev 12 last