HOW DID YOU FIND RPGMAKER.NET AND WHY DID YOU STICK AROUND?

post=102792
Don't be so sure. My kind of RMing has some German touches. So I spend a lot of time in mapping, picture light effects and facesets. But of course I try to combine the best from Germany with the best from America.

What I experienced so far is that American games are more innovative while German ones are more focused on eye candy. Of course there are exceptions. THERE ARE German game which do not use Refmap chipsets, believe it or not, but about 80% still use Refmap. But there are also English games whithout random fights.
So I'll try to be innovative with eye candy. ;-)

Mary
Das ist so geiles Spiel, echt krass, Alta!

Some ganxta kids may still talk like that, but the word ''krass'' isn't up to date anymore. It was modern in the 90s, but nowadays it is uncool. Es ist nicht imbar, es suckt hart, Altens! X,-D

I didn't play many german games, only two to be exact, both Vampire's Dawn games, und sie waren echt stark! I've never seen so many custom systems in one game! Anyway, I like it how your games have a slight german touch :)
PS: Krass sagen nur Kinder die Kürbisjoghurt mit ganze Früchten essen ;)
There I experienced the arrival of Feldschlacht who claimed to be a moderator from a site called RMN while he massively spammed the forums of RRR.

yeah i never did this
Mary
I didn't play many german games, only two to be exact, both Vampire's Dawn games, und sie waren echt stark! I've never seen so many custom systems in one game!
What? Those sucked. Today they are seen as complete crap, but at the time of VD1 we had nothing better. That's why it got that much fame. In 2005 when part 2 came up and it had random fights (which was already out then) and stuff like that everyone saw that the serious was just lousy. Yes, it has massive features, but most of them were not fun to play. They were more disturbing. It was of course an immense work to make such a big game, no doubt about that, but after all gameplay and quality is way more important than massiveness.

@Feld: You had about 100 posts in a week or so. X,-D By the way: How do you do this that your avatar changes every time when I see a post of yours?
Oh, well, I didn't even get to a battle in VD2, the intro was damn long, and it's hard to find out what to do next when everyone speaks a language you don't know. And I tried Unterwegs in Duesterburg, which was pretty cool. But again, only in german. And I bet that Marlex guy ist nur ne haessliche Brillenschlange. :)
PS: Feld's secret identity was lifted. HaHa!
The fights in VD2 were okay I think. The standard BS of the game used pictures instead of battle chars. So it may look nicer, but it was not as dynamic as e.g. the BS in ''Balmung Cycle''.
But that Marlex dude does not wear glasses. He is now doing handy games as his job and every fan kid in the German RM forums want to do the same. I don't know why, because I can imagine much better jobs, but for some reason they want to make games and get money for that... -__-' But I would never. It's no fun if you do it as your job imho.

'Unterwegs in Düsterburg'' will be translated into English at the moment. And that could take years. That game is actuellay quite good and more worth playing. They also improve mapping and other stuff, cause it's not that good for current standards anymore.
Whooopie! So you now Marlex in person? Ad he's making games for cellphones? I thought he stated that there will be no 3rd VD...
And I think that UID looked good before, I hope they don't improve too much... ;_;
DOing commercial games is really no fun, it was Enterbrain's original intentation to spread fun witht he maker. But then they began to take money. :(
So you now Marlex in person?
nope.

I thought he stated that there will be no 3rd VD...
That's true. Thank god. But from time to time some kids appear claiming to make VD3. But noone takes them serious... and noone actually wants a VD3. Man the last dude i saw got bashed. At the end he called all the users ''Pissers'', cried off his ass and left. X,-D It was on rpg2000.de

Mary
And I think that UID looked good before, I hope they don't improve too much... ;_;
The mapping was average. Nothing special for today's standards. And all those unedited standards chars from the RTP AddOn were quite cheap too. So it could need some improvements.

DOing commercial games is really no fun, it was Enterbrain's original intentation to spread fun witht he maker. But then they began to take money. :(
That's why I still refuse to download the RMVXPs. I will download and work with them that day when I can no longer run RM2k/3 on my computer. Not earlier.

E: But after all i dont get why you think VD was cool when you only saw the intro. I mean: remember that lousy light effect made with Paint at the beginning for the chimney. Haha! X,-D
Yeah, the effect was cheap, but hey ;)
And I heard that they want to make a movie based on VD 1. I hope not.. :(
But I was still impressed by some of the german games, they look so polished! But then they're horribly written :/
Mary
And I heard that they want to make a movie based on VD 1. I hope not.. :(

They do, but it will be a quite low budget production. Also they have the rights to change what they want. It is said that the film is very near to the original game, but after all I don't care.

But I was still impressed by some of the german games, they look so polished! But then they're horribly written :/

There are TONs of eppic screenshots and hyped projects, but after all most of these will never reach the status of even a demo. So meanwhile I don't care for all of their games. The only German games I still care for are those made by my friends, because I know they finish most of their stuff. And after all I myself can also have influence on them and give motivation and so... unlike with these other projects whose authors I don't even have contact to.
You're pretty nice :)
Some games reach the demo status and end up abandoned without a word of the creator :/
And would you watch the movie?
I think so. If you've read a book or played a game and a film about it comes up, normally you watch it, because you want to see how they've done it. Usually you will be disappointed like in Mario Bros., Lara Croft, all the ''Lost World'' films or whatever. I expect the same in this case. ^_^

Mary
Some games reach the demo status and end up abandoned without a word of the creator :/

Exactly that's the reason why I care less about unfinished projects made by ''strangers'' (mainly those projects which do not even reach a demo, because with a demo you actually have something to play and not only screenies). If my friends cancel something I get that info for sure. And i still can cry like ''Please continue it! It was my favourite! I will help you! etc. etc.'' and it had more influence as if you cry about a strange project. The author won't continue it because fan kiddies cry. The chance is much higher if you know the author. That's why.
How is it that you are able to bring every topic off track Mary? ):
post=102854
@Feld: You had about 100 posts in a week or so. X,-D

Yeah, I didn't think it was that strange considering that RRR had 500 users on at a time. Turns out that RRR is one of the slowest places around considering how many people visit it.
post=102872
How is it that you are able to bring every topic off track Mary? ):

I am sorry. I guess we'll have to continue our conversation somewhere else :)
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Sick days spent on RMN.

:)
I just searched "rpg games site" on google...and that's how I got here! Hahah. That was maybe a year ago.
I think....I just recently became a member, mainly to comment and subscribe to games!!
And testing...hahaha.
@iamsocrazy25 - I dont see you posting as much in the forums.. You should post moar!
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
I found and stuck around on this site because of Brickroad's articles.

I am completely serious about this.
I found this site and stuck around... recently? I was looking for RPG Maker games, I guess. Maybe Longing Ribbon, or something like that. In fact, this is the only site to download it from afaik. GamingW is seriously harsh as well, so that's certainly a catalyst. The last few posts I made about my latest RPG, people were having mixed raves about it. I wonder if the same would happen these days.

EDIT: Yup. definitely mixed, more or less.
I joined over a year ago i think it was. I might have found it via google. At first it was just to get some ideas and assistance from everyone here, and then later after i gave up on most of my horrible projects. I was just kicking around reading the Top 10's and admiring peoples games from then on, almost never signing on haha.