HOW DID YOU FIND RPGMAKER.NET AND WHY DID YOU STICK AROUND?

How did you find rpgmaker.net and why did you stick around?

I found out about rpgmaker.net one day back in June 2007 during one of my few appearances in #rm2k. At this time, I had been growing bored with GW (my first haunt) and my other sites like Ghostlight and IGP were gone or stagnating.

There was a small userbase back then but I stuck around. When brickroad left, I remember beggin' via PM to be made an admin (there wasn't anything like a Staff yet). Funnily enough, my request was granted!

I then embarked on a quest to make RMN an active site, and you'll see a lot of my initiatives were the stupid yet popular ones: Videogames forum, Moronic forum, Introduction forum, Top 10 topics (went on for a year!!), the addition of Feld IV to Contributor, and various other silly, non-site releated things.

My role, very fuzzily, is that of whip-cracker. I get on the asses of other staff to do shit to make the site more interesting. So I'm pretty useless for anything actually productive.

And that's the story of RMN's worst admin. What's yours?
WIP asked me to join when the site launched early 07' and I happily obliged. (It was also an excuse to jump ship from the monstrosity that was TSG.) I've been somewhat active ever since, excluding a few recent months. =]

Also: I love how we have at least five other topics remarkably similar to this one.
author=Blindmind link=topic=3150.msg61792#msg61792 date=1234628441
Also: I love how we have at least five other topics remarkably similar to this one.

This.

Also, this will be my 3rd time answering this question. I found RMN when I was looking for good RPG Maker sites to release my first game. (Gaming World, RMN, RRR, RMVX etc.)
I really liked this community so I stuck around.
I found RMN while googling english rpgmaker communities, then I came across it and joined in order to advertise my projects. I stayed from time to time cause I liked some of the topics made at hand, mostly moronic stuff to be honest, I get lazy sometimes when it comes to threads about serious stuff such as politics, and some others cause I don't seem to be much into, in overall. Also, there is organization in the main site, which is a plus, and the maker points system.
I think I was looking for resources for a game, and I came across RMN. I just kept looking for the resources, but I couldn't find them. Finally I took a look at the forums, and decided they were all awesome and stuff. Yup, still here!

Now we actually have a resource system (barely), and I couldn't care to use it.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
I was looking with a large database of games, I originally was from GW, but not really an active poster so many would not remember me. I cam across this forum while looking around and registered here. I remember when I only posted one sentence per post and I think maybe I thank RMN to making me an average poster now.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
The hell if I know.
Googled rpgmaker community xD. The community was just so good, I joined. really, you guys are awesome.
They infiltrated my channel and were all, "Your channel is shit and you are shit". >:(

So I had to prove them otherwise!
#rm2k regular.

Big surprise, eh?
Back when I was making my crappy little RMXP dungeon-crawler with default database entries, I was having trouble with... something, and a google search led me to some site with a link to an article here. Can't remember what it was. I posted my question on the help forum, and I just stuck around for a while. And I will continue sticking around for a very long time.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I was looking for an asshole-free zone to post my first game. Lo and behold, I received constructive criticism on the friggin' internet! And here I am.
I googled Lysander86, to try and find out if Lines End ever came about, and if it was available, I saw the RMN page, and decided to check this site out. I have stayed ever since, because I feel this is one of the best communities around.

author=TooManyToasters link=topic=3150.msg61846#msg61846 date=1234667742
Back when I was making my crappy little RMXP dungeon-crawler with default database entries, I was having trouble with... something, and a google search led me to some site with a link to an article here. Can't remember what it was...

http://www.rpgmaker.net/forums/index.php?topic=2223.msg37641#msg37641

I believe this was it.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
I came from GW when I realized how little that site actually had to do with gaming.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
I honestly don't know. I think Karsu may have invited me in, but it was a long time ago.

Also it seemed to have inherently better admin than past gaming sites.

Also, a fresh start was nice. Still waiting for my LoD faq forum <- oh my god i'm kidding
Yeah, it's called the Help & Requests forum.
Weirdly enough, I just kind of knew this place already. Dunno how, maybe it was WIP on irc or something. That, or I might have come here through Google.