RELEASE SOMETHING! DAY VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI [MAR 20TH]

Pages: first 1234 next last
..:: RELEASE SOMETHING! DAY VI ::..
..:: Return of the Jedi ::..
..:: March 20th, 2009 ::..

Is spring in the air? Not yet. But Release Something! Day is! The concept is the same as V, IV, III, II and I: we encourage everyone to release a demo or something on the 20th of March (First Day O' Spring!)(even if it is a half-finished or semi-broken demo project or OST or something) and then everyone plays everyone else's stuff and comments on it! (please!)

We will have three threads:
1. One for signing up and advertising Release Day! intentions (this thread)
2. One for posting your release (no comments in this one)
3. And one for posting your thoughts and reviews of the released content

Emphasis on the Something.

Any ideas for a hook this time around? I've got nothin'

1. GameOverGames Productions - a Maze/FPS + BLOB demo
2. Rei- - something of Ascendence
3. ChaosProductions - a VASTLY IMPROVED AND REPOLISHED demo of 1873
4. Craze - something witty/silly
5. GreatRedSpirit - nothing because I'm going to end up playing Hero's Realm and not finish anything for the 20th.
6. Liberty - a copy of the FIRST GAME I EVER MADE!!! I may release a teaser demo of RealmS
7. Fallen-Griever - Frogger-style minigame
8. Yeaster - updated Mystery Man Zero
9. silver4donuts - the Monopolo
10. Ashramaru - Alpha for The Last Bible
11. halibabica - PH4
12. Hatsuya Kanzaki - a cross-over game consisting of different characters from my unfinished games. Call it as Project Supernova.
13. NoblemanNick - some videos, screenshots, and among other things story for Somnium.
14. kentona - 99% sure I'll release a patched version of Hero's Realm, since errors are bound to crop up. But we'll see...
15. meavor - something worth showing...
16. Feldschlacht IV - I'm signing up for this.
17. Gemini - a fun little project
18. VideoWizard - try something new
19. antifarea - an update for one of my games, or maybe something new... not sure
20. Dark Gaia - Legionwood
21. Shenrai - something utterly mind-blowing!
22. Scribble - Nougat
23. nickad - somethin' somethin'
24. pantsman9 - "Something."
25. Viewtiful - Jeremiahs bedroom
26. Lennon - first dungeon of Dreamer released
27. NicoB - a video showing off some new gameplay elements in Forever's End

Previous RS! Day releases:
RS! Day V: Release Thread
RS! Day V: Discussion Thread

RS! Day IV: Release Thread
RS! Day IV: Discussion Thread

RS! Day III: Release thread
RS! Day III: Discussion thread
RS! Day III: Podcast thread

RS! Day II: Release thread
RS! Day II: Discussion thread

RS! Day I: Release thread
RS! Day I: Discussion thread
We made a Maze/FPS to test out some new engine features, I'm planning to fix it up a little and release it.

Also, look for a B.L.O.B. demo with more levels!
Happy
Devil's in the details
I've already made promise to release something of Ascendence for this, but I'm troubled about it because I hate to release content I've not polished enough, so I'm in a bit of rush to make everything good enough...

I got an ending point planned after the first major dungeon for an alpha demo, but I'm not certain if I can reach it in the given time limit.

However, I will still release what I've got.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Definitely a VASTLY IMPROVED AND REPOLISHED demo of 1873. Maybe a demo of my new side-project if I feel so inclined.

Also, can the next RSD be VII: Black Gate/Forge of Virtue/Serpent Isle/Silver Seed?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Put me down for Arcane Mist.
Put me down for nothing because I'm going to end up playing Hero's Realm and not finish anything for the 20th.
I just recently found a copy of the FIRST GAME I EVER MADE!!! So I'll fix it up a little (it has a few game killing bugs) and release that.

I may release a teaser demo of RealmS. Actually, I will. Definitely!
Hopefully by then, I'll have an updated MMZ demo ready. If not, then I'll just put out what I have.
You KNOW what I'm bringing out.

At the very most if something werid happens, I would love to release it for RSD! :)
I guess I'll get an early Alpha for The Last Bible up and running if I have time.
author=silver4donuts link=topic=3187.msg62919#msg62919 date=1235295338
You KNOW what I'm bringing out.

At the very most if something werid happens, I would love to release it for RSD! :)
Cool beans.
Happy
Devil's in the details
I hope many people participate and help make this another great RSD.

Here's a quick logo I made:

(inspired by the image Darken posted!)

halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I'll release an updated version of PH4's demo. People were complaining about some stuff in the intro, so I'll fix that up so they can tell me how much the rest of it sucks.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Can S4D triumph over Release Something, or will his Rpgmaker dreams crumble at his feet. Stay tuned!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Kanderson, kcan you change my expected submission to something witty/silly, because hell if I know whether or not I'm going to have anything ready.

MODIFY: Thanks.
For RS6:
I might do a cross-over game consisting of different characters from my unfinished games. Call it as Project Supernova.

'Cause NetGame Crisis Saga's not yet ready, even though the dreaded date 9/9/9's fast approaching.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Most likely some videos, screenshots, and among other things story for Somnium.

Also since I usually posts some banners and userbars:

[url=http://www.rpgmaker.net/forums/index.php?topic=3187.msg63202#new][img][url]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6363/ubd5566.png[/url][/img][/url]
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I can more or less guarantee that for any number of reasons I cannot participate in this in any meaningful way. :(
Pages: first 1234 next last