SONIC'S ULTIMATE GENESIS COLLECTION

Pages: 1
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is probably the best retro compilation that's ever been put together. Think of any Genesis game that you would put into a compilation disc and Sega already did it. On top of that, they've thrown in some arcade and Master System gems as unlockable content. Currently working my way through the Phantasy Star series. At less than $30, this bundle is cheaper than buying the entire Sonic series for Wii Virtual Console.

Here is the game list:

* Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
* Alien Storm
* Alien Syndrome (arcade)
* Altered Beast
* Beyond Oasis
* Bonanza Bros.
* Columns
* Comix Zone
* Congo Bongo (arcade)
* Decap Attack
* Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
* Dynamite Headdy
* ESWAT: City Under Siege
* Ecco the Dolphin
* Ecco: The Tides of Time
* Fantasy Zone (arcade)
* Fatal Labyrinth
* Flicky
* Gain Ground
* Golden Axe
* Golden Axe II
* Golden Axe III
* Golden Axe Warrior (Sega Master System)
* Kid Chameleon
* Phantasy Star (Sega Master System)
* Phantasy Star II
* Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
* Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
* Ristar
* Shining in the Darkness
* Shining Force
* Shining Force II: Ancient Sealing
* Shinobi (arcade)
* Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
* Sonic 3D Blast
* Sonic & Knuckles
* Sonic Spinball
* Sonic the Hedgehog 1
* Sonic the Hedgehog 2
* Sonic the Hedgehog 3
* Space Harrier (arcade)
* Streets of Rage
* Streets of Rage 2
* Streets of Rage 3
* Super Thunder Blade
* Vectorman 1
* Vectorman 2
* Zaxxon (arcade)
That is pretty cool. For that price for so many games I really can't say no. Definetly will be picking this up if I see it (also fuck you virtual console prices)
Once you get past the fact that they probably could have fitted quite a lot more games on here, this is a pretty solid collection. Note: in most cases, the smoothing to upgrade to HD is horrible. Avoid.

Recommended purchase, though, it's still very, very good value.
While the collection is certainly impressive, I've gotta ask what the quality of the emulation is before I buy it. Things like this tend to be too good to be true.
I've only played 3 of those games.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
I seen this the other day at the local videogame store. I am strongly considering picking it up, if only to play Shining Force II on my Xbox 360.

author=Eike link=topic=3235.msg64206#msg64206 date=1235949277
Once you get past the fact that they probably could have fitted quite a lot more games on here, this is a pretty solid collection.

This is a pretty solid collection regardless of how much space is left on the DVD-Rom. You can probably fit every 8bit and 16bit console game ever made (and then some) on a blu-ray disc, but I doubt we will ever see that happen (legally).
I'd only be interested in the Phantasy Star games.

I remembered enjoying the Sonic games as a kid, but I think it was just because I was a kid and kids can find shit fun. They're not fun at all anymore.
author=Canuck link=topic=3235.msg64319#msg64319 date=1235985889
I'd only be interested in the Phantasy Star games.

I remembered enjoying the Sonic games as a kid, but I think it was just because I was a kid and kids can find shit fun. They're not fun at all anymore.

This exactly

Except PS III. I hate the menus in that game... among other things
Got it the day it came out, played it to death, and managed to get all the achievements without really trying.

Though I have most of the games in that collection on my shelf for my old Mega Drive, I'm still playing the Mega Drive Collection on 360 so I can keep my old boxed carts in as good a condition as possible - and it's great to see them displayed properly on my HD TV. First thing I did was take the smoothing off, I like to see my pixels! =D

(Yes, I am a sad, sad, little nerd)
Pages: 1