RMVX, CUSTOM EXP TNL?

Pages: 1
I'm asking specifically for RMVX, but it'd also be interesting to know how to do this when using the other RM versions. I've tried Google and searching other forums, but it seems like nobody asks about this (I've only found one topic and it's dead).

I'm wondering how to change the amount of experience each character needs to reach the next level without being limited to the built-in exp curve (that thing involving basic/inflation). I've looked in the script editor and found exp/levels being mentioned but I do not understand how those work yet (such as @exp_list).

Perhaps I could an example on how to do something as simple as making (Total Exp Needed) = 100*((Current Level)^3)?
If I'm not mistaken, the editor in RMVX lets you set the exact experience required per level. In the same window as where you can generate the exp curve, you can manually select a level and then type in the experience required to reach it. This should be the same in all RPG Maker software.
author=S. F. LaValle link=topic=3431.msg68639#msg68639 date=1238421294
If I'm not mistaken, the editor in RMVX lets you set the exact experience required per level. In the same window as where you can generate the exp curve, you can manually select a level and then type in the experience required to reach it. This should be the same in all RPG Maker software.

I tried that in RM2K and RMVX just now and it doesn't seem to work. Even if it had worked, would there be a faster way to modify the exp needed instead of one at a time?
Yeah, I just checked during lunch, and you are right. Sorry about that.

As long as you have the formula you want to determine the increase in experience needed to level, the scripting for it should be easy. I'll look into typing one up when I get home tonight.
Pages: 1