MAP DESIGN FUN #8: BEFUDDLE QUEST! (DOWNLOAD NOW)

Pages: first 123 next last
..:: MAP DESIGN FUN #8 ::..
..:: BEFUDDLE QUEST ::..

I'm taking this in a BOLD NEW DIRECTION.

Welcome to Map Design Fun #8: Befuddle Quest, a collaborative puzzle/maze game community project. Using a specific product, RPG Maker 2003, we will each make a single map puzzle using RTP and I will link them together in a quest. Why RM2k3? Because it's accessible to the majority of people and because it's pretty easy to link maps together using it. That, and I'm running the show and that's what I use (because I'm old).

TIMELINE ::..
Starts: When you officially sign up.
Submission Deadline: April 19th, 2009 @ Midnight

RULES ::..
  • You must use RM2k3
  • You must only make one map
  • No battles or anything that involves the Database
  • No instant Game Overs (restart the puzzle instead)
  • No Teleport events - use Recall to Memorized Position
  • Encouraged to use RTP
  • The hero is Zack, the first default hero in RM2k3

STORY ::..
Our poor friend Zack has been captured by the evil Baron von Niddly and locked away in his menacing tower for daring to fall in love with the Baron's beautiful daughter Broomhilda. Poor Zack!

Now Zack must escape the nefarious Baron's befuddling tower and make his way to his love and impressing the Baron with his puzzle solving skills!

SUBMISSION ::..
Before the deadline on April 19th, 2009 @ Midnight, zip or rar up your project, upload it somewhere and send me a link to the file (either in a PM or here in this thread).

Please include with your submission:
  • The RM2k3 project
  • The coordinates of the ENTRANCE and EXIT points on the map
  • A brief description of the puzzle
  • A detailed walkthrough (in
    tags or in a PM)
  • Puzzle difficulty
  • Any special notes or issues you think I need to know to link the map into the game

NOTES ::..
This game will be about the puzzles, but feel free to take the story in bold new directions!

Also, feel free to use any variables or switches you like - I will reset them to 0/OFF between each puzzle.

SIGN-UPS ::..
1. kentona
2. GreatRedSpirit
3. Liberty
4. Blitzen
5. Fractal Advocate
6. SavageInventions
7. ZPE

Remember the deadline for your submission is April 19th, 2009 @ Midnight!

UPDATE April 22nd, 2009:
DOWNLOAD ::..

GO HERE --> http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/1101/

Thanks for participating everyone! We had a pretty good turnout as far as Map Design Fun's go.

Maybe after people play this, more people will be interested in doing a second Befuddle Quest...
Zack is a loser. Alex 4 lyfe

I might have something (aka a converted map from DG)
I'd definately participate in it, but I've got a question: do you you want the file? Or do you just want a picture and event processes?
The file. At the very least the Map file.
all righty, I'm designing a floor that's 100x100. It includes minotaurs who if they see you you die.

Edit:Are we allowed to use variables and switches?
Also, feel free to use any variables or switches you like - I will reset them to 0/OFF between each puzzle.
Yep!
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=3489.msg69794#msg69794 date=1239125396
Zack is a loser. Alex 4 lyfe

I might have something (aka a converted map from DG)

I refuse to call him Zack. He is and forever will be Sir Kristoph the Wrongful

I will boggle your mind with questions!
Tau
RMN sex symbol
So this the prelude to the other map contest.. Also not much for rtp myself though I love what you and Liberty, Craze, etc have done with it.
Sure. I am done school forever. Bring on the RPGMaker. :p
author=Blitzen link=topic=3489.msg69938#msg69938 date=1239182790
Sure. I am done school forever. Bring on the RPGMaker. :p
Finished or kicked out? nvm. Welcome aboard!

author=Tau link=topic=3489.msg69931#msg69931 date=1239171150
So this the prelude to the other map contest.. Also not much for rtp myself though I love what you and Liberty, Craze, etc have done with it.
I guess so. This has been on my backburner for over a year.

EDIT:

We also need a cool looking TITLE SCREEN and SIGS. Any volunteers?
Sorry, I really lack imagination when it comes to puzzles.
author=Little Wing Guy link=topic=3489.msg70138#msg70138 date=1239300382
Sorry, I really lack imagination when it comes to puzzles.

So do I; I'm just going to try and make an interesting maze with a cheap gimmic that hopefully won't overstay its welcome
Scrap the minotaurs checking you out. I'll surprise y'all.
So, how are things going everyone?
I'm down for making something when I'm done school. So... early may I'll whip something up. Or is that too late?

EDIT: Whoops yup that is too late. I'll catch the next one! Please office, you must believe me! I AM a participator!
I'll sign up, Inside has infused a bit of motivation in me.
I haven't had any time to do anything with this because its the last week and finals and project fair and argh no sleep.

I'll probably end up throwing something together on Saturday/Sunday
I'm a total newbie here, but I'd like to get in on this. I have done some RPGmaker2k3 coding/building before, and lurked on here some.

Also, a thought: story might flow better if we all refrained from having Zack from saying any auto-dialogue(i.e., only dialogue options and 'implied speech' a la Breath of Fire). As much as I hate the 'silent hero' thing, it'll be a lot more coherent if his talking style/personality/etc doesn't change for every puzzle.
Pages: first 123 next last