A GOOD AMOUNT OF INT INFUENCE IN RM2K3

Pages: 1
Ok, so I'm currently making a game (which will soon be on RMN with any luck) and for most spells I've set the INT influence to 5. Then I did a test battle, My guy's INT didn't power up the spell much...I don't want to set it to 10 because everyone'll just blast through monsters. What do you think is a good INT influence for spells?
BTW it's on RM2k3.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Set it to ten and double all of the percents in the Attribute tab, that's about the only way to make INT worthwhile.
That seems kinda harsh...I don't want you to be able to breath on the foes and they die.
LouisCyphre
The way 2k3 is set up, even THEN physical attack is strong than intellegence.

For more detailed information:
Normal Attack Damage

Damage (HP decrease value) = (Attack power of A / 2) - (Defense power of B / 4)

· The actual damage fluctuates between 80%-120% of this value.
· In the event of a "Critical Hit", damage is multiplied by 3.
· When B defends, the damage taken is reduced to 1/4.

Skill Damage

Damage = Base Damage + (Attack power of A / 20 * Attack influence of skill) + (Defense of B / 40 * Intelligence Influence of skill)

· For each point of variance, damage fluctuation will be ±5% more, up to a total of ±50%.
· When is checked, the damage algorithm is as below.

(Defense power of B / 40 * Attack influence of skill) + (Intelligence of B / 80 * Intelligence influence of skill)

· When B defends, the damage taken is reduced to 1/4.
· Skills that cancel the death condition will heal a % of HP instead of an absolute value if no other options are checked. (If the value is 100 or more, the character will revive with 100% of their HP.)
I usually TRIPLE the percentage for magic attributes.
LouisCyphre
I double-and-a-half everything except weakness, which goes to 1000%
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Hey hey hey, you can still do the attribute trick AND use influence.

The way magic damage actually works is like this:
(A is the attacker, T is the target)

((INT of A / 40 * INT Inf.) - (INT of T / 80 * INT Inf.) + Base Damage) * Dmg. Mod

So if the hero has 50 INT and the enemy has 45 INT, and the hero is casting a low-level 3 INT Inf. spell (base damage 10) that does Fire damage rank C (250%--this is the normal magic damage attribute setting in this hypothetical game), he'll do 30 damage. Let's say that the hero then casts a similar spell off of a scroll, with the only difference being that it's has 6 INT Inf.: 35 damage. Casting the same spell and scroll again later on (hero has 200 INT and enemy has 190 INT): 44 and 64 damage.

RM2K3 is built on the DQ base algorithms. The 'idea' is that spells are meant to do the BASE DAMAGE, and INT is a lil' kicker; on the very first spell, adding 5 INT to the hero increases the damage by 1. Note that you would have seen MUCH LARGER differences if, well... see the "BTW" below.

BTW: I suggest selecting the "ignore defense" option so that INT is easier to manage. Otherwise, keep in mind that against enemies with the same INT scores as your caster, the damage will actually be HALF what you expect.
Craze
So I guess I should just NOT post super-helpful stuff anymore.
LouisCyphre
Not unless you know they'll say thanks. ;)
Craze
Pretty much, yeah.
THANKS CRAZE. I APPRECIATE THIS KNOWLEDGE.

(I really do)
Craze
I was more concerned with Mr. L, but you're welcome kentona (although by my looking at the HR and Generica databases you have already won my heart).
Pages: 1