MOST MEMORABLE RM CHARACTERS [MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS!!!]

author=Max McGee link=topic=3590.msg74174#msg74174 date=1241899237
I majored in Creative Writing. That was my MAJOR. That is what I have a FOUR YEAR DEGREE IN.

Yes and I have done 7 1/2 years of Professional Writing and Editing but that doesn't make my opinion any more (or less) valid than anyone else's.

Back on topic, then.

Having recently finished The Way I have to give a shout out to Scatha and Slade - my favourites - and I suppose Gaius, Traziun and Rhue. Oh, I may as well say the whole cast. All really well represented.

I also really liked Lavie's character from Love and War and Juno for being an ass. ^.^

Also, Celia from Forgotten Majesty and The Raven from Clouded Heart. And a shout out to Antignirot of Jay's Journey fame. ^.^ That's Antignarot!
Oh good god, what did I start?! I'm sorry! I'M SORRYYYYY!

If it makes you feel better, I'm as sorry as you are.

Seriously, let's go back to talking about how big a douchebag Strata was. Or why everyone loves Shadar with a manly love.

Agreed.

Having recently finished The Way I have to give a shout out to Scatha and Slade

Scatha and Slade are some of the best tragic characters I've ever seen. I thought both Scatha's mental instability and Slade's "problem"(the fact that he wants to be just but ends up being a servant to corrupt people) were very well portrayed. In fact, I thought it would be possible to end up befriending Scatha the first time I played the game, what with the relationship system and all...
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence

Yes and I have done 7 1/2 years of Professional Writing and Editing but that doesn't make my opinion any more (or less) valid than anyone else's.

Actually (depending on the specifics of your eight years experience as a professional writer and editor) I would say that it in fact DOES make you more qualified than just about everyone else here on this topic, including myself!!! Also in fact I would really like to hear more about your experience in general for reasons totally unrelated to this topic. :)

That is the difference between me/harmonic and everyone else here is that we actually respect experience.

Oh and once again I never once said that people w/o relevant experience or degrees cannot, should not, or may not contribute to this discussion! Ever! I really don't know where people are getting that! I give my opinion on topics that I am not qualified for ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME.

Zephyrus was a fairly memorable character!

I respect experience.

also, I would like to state, that besides ALEX, Rover of IG was a pretty memorable character.
<--

It's not done in RPG Maker but I don't care
author=WIP link=topic=3590.msg74191#msg74191 date=1241914063
Hey Max, using a doesn't make your text invisible. Watch it.

Really? Because, ya know, actually means "omit this, I didn't mean it."

ON TOPIC

Pertaining to The Way, there's something about Rhue I like. He's a man on a mission, yet is still an asshole from time to time. And, oddly enough, I kinda like his blue/orange mix.
Snark, from Final Fallacy! He made a great foil character.
author=Chartley link=topic=3590.msg74650#msg74650 date=1242116531
Snark, from Final Fallacy! He made a great foil character.

Agreed!
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=Mitsuhide_The_Vagrant link=topic=3590.msg74646#msg74646 date=1242109032

Sigh. Kids these days... looking for any excuse whatsoever to do/say disrespectful or nasty things and get away with it.
author=harmonic link=topic=3590.msg74661#msg74661 date=1242131946
author=Mitsuhide_The_Vagrant link=topic=3590.msg74646#msg74646 date=1242109032

Sigh. Kids these days... looking for any excuse whatsoever to do/say disrespectful or nasty things and get away with it.

Say what you will, but why the hell else would there be a strikethrough option?

ON TOPIC

I haven't played all of The Way, but I'm watching Malefact's let's play of it. I'm interested in seeing just exactly who Scatha is, and about her past.
harmonic
I'm drowning on your Naivety.

Strikethrough makes people pay MORE attention to what you said.

FUCK YOU ALL AND GO DIE. See what I mean?
It is an indicator that what you are saying is tongue-in-cheek.
harmonic
Or foot-in-mouth.
Or sarcastic. Can we get back on topic?

I rather liked Snark, too. He was a great character. Very snarky. ^.^

Also (and I can't believe I didn't mention this before) Walker Texas Ranger! Oh and Orubia/Hiyami too.
Yo Liberty, it makes me happy to see someone else mention Jay's Journey. That is one of my favorite RPG Maker games, ever. I played it a very long time ago, but it was just very clever and well made, despite being RTP.

Most memorable character (excluding the characters from games that I have worked on and/or tested for) would have to be Talan from ABL. Probably because its one of the only RPG Maker games that I've played more than once. After that, it might be Carter from Iron Gaia.

But damn, this was a long time ago. I gotta play some newer games. :)
author=harmonic link=topic=3590.msg74685#msg74685 date=1242139313
I'm drowning on your Naivety.

Strikethrough makes people pay MORE attention to what you said.

FUCK YOU ALL AND GO DIE. See what I mean?

That being the case, let's just never use strikethroughs then.

ON TOPIC

Does anyone remember/have ever played/care about Frontiers Extreme?

Seriously, I believe the black mage shopkeeper is the funniest RM character I've seen in a VERY long time.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
Ooooh, Strikethrough

Lol, I was just playing that a few days ago. That was a weird interesting game.
author=Jakester link=topic=3590.msg74837#msg74837 date=1242189611
Lol, I was just playing that a few days ago. That was a weird interesting game.

As was I. Frontiers Extreme is on my very short list of RM games I've been able to play all the way up to the end, demo or complete.

(and that list includes, off the top of my head: Frontiers Extreme, Kinetic Cipher (Again), A Blurred Line, Desert Nightmare, Rising Sun, The Chronicles of Haledos, Final Fantasy: Endless Nova, and a handful of others)
author=Max McGee link=topic=3590.msg72984#msg72984 date=1241110791
Bizarrely, that is the second time that Det. Wilks who I thought of as a throwaway stock character has been mentioned as being memorable.

Once again, I am bewildered. Tom himself is MUCH more memorable and interesting.

Since I've just played Backstage... I have to agree with Legion, I thought Tom was much more fleshed out and interesting. Mind you, I'm not saying that Aaron is a bad character, but I only found him really interesting in the Wilks/Mask scene, and that was mostly due to Mask's revelations.

Tom's personality and true nature is revealed far more slowly and overall, I felt he was a more intriguing character (as were Doctor Burke and the Anacrucis).

By the way, it was very mean of you to...

...give the player absolutely no chance of getting a good ending if he/she makes the promise to Alice ;)
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Well you should know better than to make promises to mysterious crazy women that you meet at haunted hotels.

;)

Arguably, 'Revenge' is a good ending, btw. : )