SCREEN FLICKERING PROBLEM

Pages: 1
Quick question...

Im trying out some games full screen and the screen just flickers nonstop, especially at the very top of the screen, its like a little black bar that keeps flashing...
I have a Radeon X850 Video card and a 1GB of Ram..not sure if that matters or not but I know it never used to do this on my old POS comp..any ideas whats wrong or how I can fix it?

Thanks!
So i solved this on my own..But just in case anyone else ever has the same problem:

Right click the desktop(xp)
Properties
Settings
Advanced
Troubleshoot
Lower the hardware acceleration til it works for you..I had to lower mine about 4 slots from maximum..And now no flickering at all during full screen playing on rpg2k

hope it helps :)
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
hey this happens to me sometimes but I'm running vista. I wonder if the same fix will work.
author=Max McGee link=topic=3627.msg72877#msg72877 date=1241035088
hey this happens to me sometimes but I'm running vista. I wonder if the same fix will work.

Its worth a try! I just tested full screen everytime i lowered it a notch til it stopped flickering..Hope it works! Its no fun tryin to play someones games when you're at risk of having a seizure the whole time cause of the screen flashing and flickering all in your face.. >:(
Pages: 1