MAP DESIGN FUN #9: BQ2 --- GAMEPAGE IS UP! DOWNLOAD NOW!

..:: MAP DESIGN FUN #9 ::..
..:: BEFUDDLE QUEST 2 ::..
..:: CHARMED & DANGEROUS ::..

I'm taking this in a BOLD NEW DIRECTION (again).

Welcome to Map Design Fun #9: Befuddle Quest 2: Charmed & Dangerous, the second installment of the collaborative puzzle/maze game community project. Using a specific product, RPG Maker 2003, we will each make a single map puzzle using RTP and I will link them together in a quest. Why RM2k3? Because it's accessible to the majority of people and because it's pretty easy to link maps together using it. Plus, I'm running the show and that's what I use (because I'm old). Also, that's what we used last time and it worked out okay.

You know, nothing is stopping you from starting your own community projects in RMVX, guys.

Lastly, here is the old project --> http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/1101/

TIMELINE ::..
Starts: When you officially sign up.
Submission Deadline: May 15th, 2009 @ Midnight

RULES ::..
  • You must use RM2k3
  • You must only make one map
  • No battles or anything that involves the Database
  • No instant Game Overs (restart the puzzle instead)
  • No Teleport events - use Recall to Memorized Position
  • Encouraged to use RTP
  • The hero is Zack, the first default hero in RM2k3

STORY ::..
Even though Zack braved the horrors of Baron von Niddly's befuddling tower, he did NOT brave the an even greater horror: his future Mother-in-Law!

Frau von Niddly has whisked away her daughter Broomhilda and locked her up in a secret room in the befuddling tower! Oh no!

Our charming hero now must re-enter the tower and rescue his beloved love all the while puzzling out evil puzzles from that witch of a woman Frau von Niddly. Zack's puzzle solving skills will be put to the test once again!

SUBMISSION ::..
Before the deadline on May 15th, 2009 @ Midnight, zip or rar up your project, upload it somewhere and send me a link to the file (either in a PM or here in this thread).

Please include with your submission:
  • The RM2k3 project
  • The coordinates of the ENTRANCE and EXIT points on the map
  • A brief description of the puzzle
  • A detailed walkthrough (in
    tags or in a PM)
  • Puzzle difficulty
  • Any special notes or issues you think I need to know to link the map into the game

NOTES ::..
This game will be about the puzzles, but feel free to take the story in bold new directions!

Also, feel free to use any variables or switches you like - I will reset them to 0/OFF between each puzzle.

!NEW! I'm not opposed to using extra music, sounds, pictures, chipsets or charsets, as long as it fits with RTP (and they're included with the submission).

SIGN-UPS ::..
1. kentona
2. JosephSeraph
3. Craze
4. SavageInventions
5. Little Wing Guy
6. Fallen-Griever
7. Fractal Advocate
8. Gemini
9. Mikemc
10. RockmanNeo
11. Cardinal Ximenez
12. Liberty
13. Jakester
14. Fallen-Griever
15. GameOverGames Productions
16. Mr.L
17. MayorAnime
18. Gibmaker
19. Hexatona
20. Relyt

Remember the deadline for your submission is May 15th, 2009 @ Midnight!

GAMEPAGE ::..
Update May 22nd, 2009

Gamepage go here ---> http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/1166/
Yay, i want to sign up!
And i will do something about meat. And cake. Hmm..
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Alright, I've been waiting for this, count me in as well.
Now to devise another puzzle...
I'm going to give this a try this time. Don't expect much from me, puzzles aren't my area-but I shall try!
Count me in on this one, also.
I will sign in too!
When you say no "battles or anything using the database" does that include self-contained events that don't use the database?

- Mike
I mean, don't expect to be able to use things like battles, items, classes, characters (other than Zack), System, String, Common Event, Battle Layout, Terrain, Attributes, Conditions, Monsters, Skill.

You can use any default animations though.
I might throw something together for this in the evenings. expect a submission close to the deadline, though!

incidentally what is the consensus on (sparingly) using resources other than RTP? I notice you particularly use encouraged, and the puzzle idea I have would require additional images!

this brings me onto another thing: music. if we only use RTP music there is only about 5 or 6 dungeony pieces, and the pieces carried over from 2k are pretty shoddy so that leaves about 2 good ones. what are we doing about this?

sorry if this was covered in the other topic but w/e i'm a forum maverick yowwwww

edit: damn it kentona I am delaying working on it over this the answer better be worth it !!
I'm in. ^.^

R-Neo - I think music is okay (I used something different last time) as long as you include the files you use. Same with sounds. I'd imagine pictures would be fine, but best to wait for Kentona's reply. ^.^
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
I might be in this. I am a maybe.
EDIT: Actually, I am all for this. Count me in!
author=Liberty link=topic=3636.msg73141#msg73141 date=1241230224
I'd imagine pictures would be fine, but best to wait for Kentona's reply. ^.^

I used a picture in the first Befuddle Quest without issue. Just make sure to include all resources and I think it'd be OK.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
Here ya go Kentona. I am not all that good at making puzzles, but I hope that this isn't too easy. But if it is, well then, it is.

My BQ2 Puzzle

Also, I didn't add any music because I didn't know if you did that or not. =/
Well, I sent mine in, so in case you didn't get it, let me know.
I'm not opposed to using extra music, sounds, pictures, chipsets or charsets, as long as it fits with RTP (and they're included with the submission).
I'm about three-fourths of the way done with a Cruel Lazer Su Doku puzzle for this.