MB LIMIT

Pages: 1
Since this thing bothers me a lot,i decided to ask what if i'm about to submit a 70MB game?
that would go across the limit right?Then does that mean i won't be able to submit games that are higher than twenty(20)?
Well,
1) You still can submit the game. If the actual download is off-site, then I don't think the limit applies. However, it's still best to get the file size as low as possible.
2) The 20MB limit is in place so RMN's bandwidth doesn't get used up. I believe that the admins will look at a game over 20MB and see if it isn't filled with things like MP3s and unused resources.
Sometimes, too, a file will appear to be over 20MB, but be zipped (WinZIP) down to under 5MB. I had a game that was 100MB unzipped, and about 7MB zipped.

I hope this helps.
What the hell kind of compression rate is that, video wizard? I want it....

But, yeah, why do you have it 70MB? Is everything in there being used, really? Because if you have a bunch of sound effects or mp3s imported for later use, that's... pretty bleh, to keep it in there when it's not in use, seeing as how each is 1-6 MB each ussually.

That sentence seems redundant but I can't find where...
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Off-site downloads are fine. Hosted games that are 20MB or higher are completely up to our discretion.
author=VideoWizard link=topic=365.msg4684#msg4684 date=1194022709
Well,
1) You still can submit the game. If the actual download is off-site, then I don't think the limit applies. However, it's still best to get the file size as low as possible.
2) The 20MB limit is in place so RMN's bandwidth doesn't get used up. I believe that the admins will look at a game over 20MB and see if it isn't filled with things like MP3s and unused resources.
Sometimes, too, a file will appear to be over 20MB, but be zipped (WinZIP) down to under 5MB. I had a game that was 100MB unzipped, and about 7MB zipped.

I hope this helps.

HAHAHA thats some reduction right there man.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
The 100 mb to 7mb thing really only works if you have a lot of BMP image files... I have yet to find anything else that would compress so nicely.
WOW!!! when I compress things, they usually go from like 7mb to 6.7mb, so I have NO idea how you did that.
hehe making me think about buying a legit compressor.... :P
author=rcholbert link=topic=365.msg5013#msg5013 date=1195013318
The 100 mb to 7mb thing really only works if you have a lot of BMP image files... I have yet to find anything else that would compress so nicely.

shit, i would love something like that to happen to me. If i compress something it only does it by 1 or 2 mb.
If you need to find hosting, I suggest using MediaFire. They don't delete your files.

Well, they haven't deleted mine yet. We'll just see about that next year...
Pages: 1