SECOND REALITY: REFLECTIONS

Pages: first 12 next last

OKAYHEREWEGO

Plotttt:
In a typical fish-out-of-water story, Adam and his dad suddenly find themselves in a strange forest, having been only been driving down an empty road minutes just minutes before. They are quickly separated, and Adam moves to find his father. Within seconds, he is stopped by a young girl holding a knife to his throat.
This place is not Earth, she says. But a second planet, made in the image of Earth.
With passing day, Adam finds himself more and more ensnared in an attempted genocide to the human race on Earth, and he becomes the only potential savior for a world on the brink of war and chaos. Quickly, the conflict escalates further, threatening to destroy one or more worlds, God, or even the concept of Reality itself.

The demo includes Chapters 1 and 2
In Chapter 1: The echoing voice- Somewhere after it all began (approx length 45 min), we meet some of the key players in the story, and the adventure begins with Adam trying to reclaim his father from an unknown Hunting Party dispatched by the Royal Family. He must find the men who nabbed him and win back his dad.
In Chapter 2: Double symphony- What is the land that you called home? (approx length 2-3 hours), the primary exposition is released and Adam and Melody become locked into the stalemate of Aryon, and with his dad now far out of reach, he has little option but to convince the Prince, who has enslaved most of the kingdom, to release his father.

BTW, I suck at summaries.

Screens:

TRAILER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24d4j3nh9T0
Someone has Vista...

I really like the looks of the messageboxes, and the video was well done.
Yes, the video was very well made. Sounds like a good game.
Looks quite good. The movie was done very well.
Thanxxx, guys.

BTW, anyone want to beta this in a few weeks? I need a few more testers.
I'll Beta it. I'm good at breaking, er, testing the extent of programming. Plus, my game is in limbo since I can't find a tileset for what I wanted.
I'll take a crack at it if you like. Hopefully I won't be too busy by the time it's ready.
Everything looks generally above average here, but I could not bring myself to overlook the extreme inconsistency in terms of your game's graphical style(s). You alternate using Rudra, Refmap, Star Ocean, and Tales of Phantasia source material, among other things.

While this is generally acceptable (and most RPGMaker projects do use such variety), I feel that it just is too noticable throughout those screenshots. If visuals are indeed a priority for you, then this becomes problematic-- I suggest unifying them more, relatively speaking.
looks neat, when are you willing to upload a playable demo?
I always enjoy seeing people find creative solutions to rpgXP since no face system is used. I also like the look of the ABS, good job. If my computer is up and running at the time, and Im not to busy, I will beta it too.
Oh, haha, sorry, didn't even notice the last couple replies to this topic. >.<;

You three I have written down for the fourth wave. Currently we're doing third wave- the second wave testers I think dropped off the face of the earth, and my OST guy hasn't been online in weeks sooooo.... shit. >.<
But I started third wave, and they got through most of the game in like a day, most of them, and haven't played since... I still need to make the last dungeon easier, apparently.
Also, because of what Blind said, I'm going through and trying to unify the graphical style a little, and then I'm going to add facial expressions to those...
Also, I'm writing up an official website for the game.
I'm pretty sure that'll all be done by the fourth wave though.

Also, myers... this is 2k3, not XP.
And as for a public release, my goal is by the end of the year.
Well I can try to beta test. But the changing of chipsets somewhat disturbs me for a reason...
looks great, i might also be willing to beta test it too.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
I agree with what Blindmind said. Your mapping is definitely above average and everything looks pretty good. Your game definitely has its own flair despite the commonly used chipsets, and that's a very good thing.
Updates and such:

Battle Demo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc_5OY4GRKY
That's the first battle in chapter three. Too bad it didn't record the sound. V_V

The official website of the game is fully functional- A little empty, but functional none the less: http://www.woadev.com/sr/

A couple more screens from the intro to chapter three:

And the styles system is now coded- depending on what element styles you set (unlockable both through side-quests and the main story) you can recieve different field and battle bonuses. There are 12 possible styles.

....And yeah, I'm going to be changing the message boxes soon, with any luck.
This looks pretty good. The animation in the dual was solid. The CBS looks capable, but it seems to lack a certain oomph when attacking. Maybe add a sound effect or something?
Just watched the battle demo and thought it was quite good. I too would agree that you need to add some sound effects or something when you attack. It would make the battles a lot better than what they already are.
There are sound effects. Like I said though, my screen recorder just didn't record sound. Which is why I had to go back and put it music manually. I couldn't do the same with sound.
Ah, my mistake. I guess I skimmed over that. Looks good though, keep up the good work!
Pages: first 12 next last