BOTS

Pages: 1
Seriously, this is gettin' kinda crazy. All the sudden it's like we have bots flippin' everywhere. Is it possible that a bot is creating multiple users to write random crap? Possibly block the IP of the bot? How would this problem be fixed other than Karsuman using his trigger happy locking function?
We know already. I've already told WIP to work on it.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
It's not the same IP so banning it does no good.
kentona
I am tired of Earth. These people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.
Hey, my bot kill count is up to 9!
author=kentona link=topic=3720.msg74450#msg74450 date=1242053302
Hey, my bot kill count is up to 9!

hey my banevade count is up to 9--- :-X
Hopefully this place isn't an attractive enough target for spam for an actual person to be put to work to figure out whatever countermeasures WIP comes up with.

Until then, lets form an anti-bot militia that's armed with the best of water gun technology.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=Natook link=topic=3720.msg74400#msg74400 date=1242018662
Seriously, this is gettin' kinda crazy. All the sudden it's like we have bots flippin' everywhere. Is it possible that a bot is creating multiple users to write random crap? Possibly block the IP of the bot? How would this problem be fixed other than Karsuman using his trigger happy locking function?

Way to sneak in a snide little comment into the most obvious and unnecessary topic ever created.
Craze
i bet she's a diva with a potion popping problem
Yeah like

do you WANT Karsuman to not lock topics?
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
clearly the solution is for karsuman to lock more topics

MORE TOPICS
author=harmonic link=topic=3720.msg74680#msg74680 date=1242138564
author=Natook link=topic=3720.msg74400#msg74400 date=1242018662

Way to sneak in a snide little comment into the most obvious and unnecessary topic ever created.

Haha, I wasn't trying to make snide comments. I'm actually glad Karsuman locks topics all the time... but yeah, I guess this topic was pretty unnecessary.
Unnecessary? *Karsuman comes in and locks*
laughs maniacally as he locks this topic.
Pages: 1