BAND ART GAME!

Pages: first 12 next last
This is the make a band art game!

1. Click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2. Click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last phrase or so of the very last quote of the page is the title of your album.

3. Click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4. Use Photoshop or similar to put it all together.

Feel free to write a biography!

Ones I've made:

The members of Knorrendorf are all dwarves who happen to like Robert X. Cringely quotes. They also enjoy looking at topless males spread against walls.

punk band: university of wisconsin credit union. this one is mediocre, because I didn't really like the text/image combo. Messed up a few things too.

better one.

acoustic singer-songwriter "bucky bockhorn" released this last album before shooting himself in the face. (I think this actually looks like an album.)
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Fact:
This is easier when you have photoshop and not just MS Paint.

Fact:
This is easier when you have a good selection of fonts on your computer, and not just crappy ones.

Anyway, I uh, cheated in various small and subtle ways to make my random results less retarded, but I stuck to the spirit of the exercise. I'm not happy w/ the (anti?)aliasing on the text but then again I never claimed to be an artist. I am quite happy with the album name.

The Gotham Awards is from Wisconsin (the Wisconsin Credit Union, ironically, are from NYC); GA is a post-hardcore/dystopian industrial/screamoesque band. There sound is somewhere between Thursday only with less energy, agression, and yelling and The Postal Service on PCP. give all you can is their third, softest and most melodic album and has their only radio single, which has the same title as the album.
author=Max McGee link=topic=3741.msg74857#msg74857 date=1242200262
Anyway, I uh, cheated in various small and subtle ways to make my random results less retarded, but I stuck to the spirit of the exercise.

Max McGee
poor LWG, I think you got the worst random band name out of all of them.
author=Max McGee link=topic=3741.msg74913#msg74913 date=1242232989
Not even close. >=[

I cropped it to make it relatively square, which is kind of cheating I guess but oh well.

That was fun, I'm gonna do another one.
EDIT: I really got the short end of the stick with the names here.
Max McGee
author=Blindmind link=topic=3741.msg74920#msg74920 date=1242234462
author=Max McGee link=topic=3741.msg74913#msg74913 date=1242232989
Not even close. >=[

I actually really like this one!
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
The contrast in that last one is amazing. (EDIT: referring to LWG's second)

Kraftwerk eat yer heart out
For fonts, you can always check out www.dafont.com

Anywho, I got a shitty band name, but the last phrase of the last quote fit PERFECTLY. I was amazed.

Picture doesn't make sense, though, so I added some cheesy artistic effect.

Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak is a mid-90s gimmick band, best known for an unconventional and experimental style of alternative music. Their sophmore album, time to install a better one, was their most successful album, with it's single There Are No Wise Few reaching #17 on the Top 40 charts in 1993.

MODIFY:

This was so fun I decided to do a second one. The name and the quote don't go together at all, but the image is cool. Too bad I couldn't make it work with the font.

Hollis Oklahoma is a country band, with a hard rock edge. Their third album, a hot bath wouldn't help, just a little bit is a more soulful introspective album, with more ballads and acoustic tracks.
if this isn't moronic you can blow it out your ass

the only remotely satisfying feeling I get from this topic is that I know I CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER
author=geodude link=topic=3741.msg74979#msg74979 date=1242258020

the only remotely satisfying feeling I get from this topic is that I know I CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER

So then do so.

You should change your username back. =[

Didn't you say something like this in that logo topic?
first I need some music bozos

got lazy at the end, he is so creepy I didn't want to look at it anymore.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

Also, I only wish I made up this one:

Max McGee
ORIG T6HAT LATST WONE IS AMAZING!!
You guys think YOU had it tough with crappy band names? I did the best I could with MS Paint.

14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the S.S. Galacia is an alternative rock band with suprisingly uplifting lyrics. THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL, their sophmore project won several awards including Best Power Ballad of 2013 and Most Promising Band of 2012.
Pages: first 12 next last