"INVALID IMAGE DEPTH???"

Pages: 1
Why does RPG Maker 2003 say stuff like "Invalid image depth" and"Image not supported" and crap like that!?!?!!?? I can almost never get my own images in because of that! Anyone know????
Tau
RMN sex symbol
You have to change the bit depth, because rm2k3 is old and annoying that way. Change the bit depth to 8, use Irfranview or something. ;)
Here's how to do it:

First, make sure the picture is in png format, and is in 8bit or 256 colours. If you have photoshop, it is easiest to just make the picture, then go up to image options, index colours, and that will do it for you. If you don't have any programs like that, then you can even use paint (how convenient). Note: this way makes ur pic look much worse. Open up any other one of rpg makers pics (the same kind you are making though) and then simply copy and paste your's over it, that works fine.

And there you go!
The problem with the copy and paste way is that it'll be in the same set of colors as the previous image, which will ussually really make it look funky.
If you don't have Photoshop, MS Paint will go to hell and back with your image in conversion- So I recommend downloading GraphicsGale, which will index the color decently (not as good as photoshop but WAY better than MS Paint), plus, it can do batch conversion
Pages: 1