SPRITES-TO-SCALE?

Pages: 1
This might be kind of a far out request, but is there any way to desgin character sprites and tilesets to be drawn to a scale? Like, say, 1 RPG Maker Unit = 3 Square Feet?

I just thought more consistant, life-like graphics would be a plus. Also, I've been interested for a long time in designing game worlds by the square mile, which would neccesitate scaled graphics.
if you wanted 1 RM unit, that's either 16 or 32 pixels depending on the RM version in question. 16 square pixels to three square feet would be 5.33' pixels per foot and naturally 32 square pixels to three square feet would be 10.66' pixels per foot. the wonders of resolution!

this is actually a fairly interesting thing to think about. I suppose it would be more about scaling down your resources (I would assume photographic resources if you want something lifelike), but you'd need a reference to the size of elements in your resources or else you won't be able to scale it down effectively. never mind that working with 16x16 or even 32x32 tiles would mean you'd lose a shitload of detail.

final point: feet and inches? this ain't the industrial revolution

basically DON' DO IT MAN
Pages: 1