FINAL FANTASY V-II: SACRED CHAINS

Pages: 1

"The Sacred Crystals have always been used to conquer evil of the world with Warriors of the Crystals, using both magic the crystals bestow with the warrior's bravery and will, they conquer evil together to banish it into the realm of nothingness. The warriors are not the only guardians that could use the power of the crystals; legend has it that there are four dragons, which were put into eternal slumber due to their berserk nature and power to the destroy the world itself. Legend also says...if the power of the crystals fell into the wrong hands, the dragons could be revived...

...The revival of world destruction."

After the battle with Exdeath, Bartz, Lenna/Reina, Faris and Cara went there seperate ways.

As the new ruler of "New" Typhoon and with Faris gone back to her crew as their pirate captian, she stays along in the castle, always remembering the past she once had with her friends. She wants to go find them...but how will she be reunited with her friends?

As Reina thinks of a way to reunite with her friends, we enter Zeke...

Zeke is a Mage with the power to change the form his magic takes, being it White, Black, Blue or even Arcane magic. Zeke suddenly woke up from being unconscious for an unknown amount of time, due to this, he suffers from memory loss and cannot remember anything except for his name. After waking up, he finds himself awake in a forest, since he suffers from amnesia, this forest is a mystery to him. As Zeke wanders the forest, he finds a man in shining blue and white armor camping in the forest...could it be...?

Name: Bartz Klauser
Element: Wind

After the battle with Exdeath, Bartz decided to go back to his home town of Lix, to finally settle down and live a peaceful life...but it wasn't meant to be. One night, he had a nightmare about the battle against Exdeath and the Void, and the death of his good friend Galuf, the dream got to Bartz and made him wonder "...Could I have stopped Galuf's death...if I was strong enough at that time...?". Even after stopping world destruction with his fellow warriors and friends, he could not shake the feeling of being weak and powerless, all because of this one dream. As he did before the great battle, he went off on a journey to become stronger, this time without his friends...

...Almost two years later travelling across the world, he still has the same dream over and over again, intensifying every night.

Due to the nightmare, his personality has changed, making him almost emotionally dead inside and silent. Even in this new state of mind, he still helps others when they are in need.

(New design coming soon)
Name: Lenna Charlotte Tycoon
Element: Water

Lenna is one of two daughters of the now deceased King Tycoon. After the great battle, she was crowned the Queen of Tycoon due to her sister stripping herself of her title. Lenna still remembers the time she had with her friends two years ago and still thinks about the times she had with them. Lenna still keeps in contact with Krile.

Lenna's personality has stayed the same for the past two years; gentle yet couragous and always helps whenever she can, also showing her love to all of the people of the Tycoon Kingdom.

Name: Sarisa "Faris" Scherwil Tycoon
Element: Fire

The first daughter of King Tycoon and older sister to Lenna, but was lost at sea at a young age. When the battle of Exdeath was over, Faris went back to the Kingdom of Tycoon to live with her younger sister as one of the rulers of the Tycoon Kingdom, after a few months however, she had a change of heart, going back to her pirate ways with her old crew and boat Syldra (named after her deceased pet and friend), because of this, her title was taken away as royalty of Tycoon, which Faris clearly did not care about.

Faris still has her very commanding nature due to being brought up by Pirates, but she does have a softer side to her, which is clearly seen when Lenna and Faris finally realise they are sisters.

Name: Krile Mayer Baldesion
Element: Earth

The Princess of Bal and replacement Warrior of Dawn after the death of her Grandfather; Galuf. Krile joined the other Warriors of Dawn after the sad death of Galuf, who was the current Warrior of Earth. She aided the warriors several times before finally joining them and gaining the powers her grandfather had, which she used to destroy Exdeath with the others.

Krile has since been the ruler of the Kingdom of Bal, but still has not been crowned Queen due to her being "too unruly and irresponsible", even though she is not yet the Queen, Krile has shown strong leadership when coming to ruling the Kingdom. Krile and Lenna have become closer as friends in this time too, helping the Kingdoms grow and prosper together.

Krile still has her bubbly traits, but with time she has also grown stronger, in both body and mind. Krile also still has her natural ability to talk to Moogles and befriend different animals and dragons.

(Mid and Zeke's bios coming soon)

New Menu

The World of FFV-II
(click for full size)

- Original Characters, plus some that were only NPCs!

- Job System, with 8 new jobs!

- New Summon Spells!

- New Character Designs!

- Full MP3 Soundtrack, consisting of some classic favourites and new ones!

Original Characters - Square Enix
Resources - Charas Project (Credits of resource sharers coming soon)
Custom Sprites - Tezuka, Shadowdude, Redwyn, JosephSeraph, Nich
Mapping - Shadowdude
Music - Square Enix
Sounds - Square Enix, findsounds.com, nrsisyourbuddy

None as of yet.

The Official Final Fantasy V-II Website
RMN Game Page
YouTube Channel

Q. Why make a fangame? Why not be original?
A. For one, I LOVED Final Fantasy V and I see this more of a tribute than a fangame. Secondly, I asked members of RMRK before going forward with this project and as you can see, they wanted me to go forward with it.

Q. How would the Job System work?
A. In RPG Maker 2003, no scripting can be used, so it is all done using events, variables and switches.

Q. Why RPG Maker 2003? RPG Maker XP has way better graphics!
A. EXACTLY. I chose RM2003 because of the graphics. The graphics used in the orginal Final Fantasy V were very similar to RPG Maker 2003's.

Q. What are the new Jobs?
A. The only ones I am going to tell you about are Dark Knight and Paladin, the rest are a secret. =o
That halo is hilarious

Also I hope you're going to stick with one name translation (suggestion: Stick with the FF5 Advance translation, it beats the shit out of its predecessors)
As long as it's got an awesome story I'm up for it, but then again FFV was all about the class system wasn't it? Oh well, looking forward to playing this anyway :-)
2k3? Pictures are okay but...

Probably wanna stick to your strengths, Tezuka. How about a manga?
I really am not liking the new menu at the moment :(. I dunno, I just don't like question marks as commands :l. Other than that, looks nice :)
Wow, I left this kind of late.

author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=3798.msg76073#msg76073 date=1242933685
That halo is hilarious

Also I hope you're going to stick with one name translation (suggestion: Stick with the FF5 Advance translation, it beats the shit out of its predecessors)

The halo on the Paladin will make sense once you have gotten through a certain part of the story (where the Paladin actually becomes accessible). Also our spriter thought it sort of made sense, since the Dark Knight has horns, representing the darker side of Bartz.

We are going to stick with one translation for the game, and yes, the FFV Advance translation is the one we are going to use. The only reason why I used both in the story was to make sure everyone knew who I was talking about.

author=gotmilkxtreme2 link=topic=3798.msg76858#msg76858 date=1243324417
As long as it's got an awesome story I'm up for it, but then again FFV was all about the class system wasn't it? Oh well, looking forward to playing this anyway :-)

Can't have a good RPG without a good storyline. :D

author=BentoBox link=topic=3798.msg77041#msg77041 date=1243387472
I really am not liking the new menu at the moment :(. I dunno, I just don't like question marks as commands :l. Other than that, looks nice :)

The question marks are only there until a certain part of the story. Hopefully you will like it after you see what is behind the question marks. :)
Quite classic...Looking AWESOME right now. :-)

Just make sure you include that there original soundtrack. ;D
author=Tezuka link=topic=3798.msg77553#msg77553 date=1243633608

Sure you can! Take FFV for example. Solid gameplay more than made up for a weak storyline, cheesy dialog, and boring characters.
author=gotmilkxtreme2 link=topic=3798.msg78254#msg78254 date=1244048167
Just make sure you include that there original soundtrack. ;D
alright alright i get the hint
author=kentona link=topic=3798.msg78295#msg78295 date=1244063282
author=Tezuka link=topic=3798.msg77553#msg77553 date=1243633608

Sure you can! Take FFV for example. Solid gameplay more than made up for a weak storyline, cheesy dialog, and boring characters.

K.O

I decided to make the page look a bit more eye-catching (even though it is going to be gone in a few days), I hope you like it.

Credit goes to Nich for the 16 year old Krile. :)
This game looks very, very good. Please finish it.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Dude, copy-paste the OP into a text document.

Then it can be your gamepage in RMN3.
This looks like a promising project.
I like how you kept the traditional graphics. It gives that same feeling when you would feel when you play the original FF5.
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=3798.msg78368#msg78368 date=1244074717
Dude, copy-paste the OP into a text document.

Then it can be your gamepage in RMN3.

Good idea. -DONE-

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll post more info on the project after RMN3 is implemented.
Pages: 1