PSP QUESTION

Pages: 1
Now as odd as this seems is there a way to put the games we download from users and put them onto our PSP? Some of these games would be really cool to play whenever you know. I use my PSP a lot so it would be handy. Just wandering.
I haven't heard or seen anything about it, nor for the DS.

I wonder if it would be possible to export the games to other OS's, like Google Android for smartphones... that'd be cool.
Yeah thats what I was thinking :]. I know you can put stuff on the PSP so why not these? Haha.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Look for emulators for the PSP that run .exe files. That should do the trick.
Would everything have to be self contained in the .exe, or does the PSP also have a comparable filesystem (or the emulator emulates it) for the .exe to look for resources?
LouisCyphre
The RPG_RT will do the looking, I should think. I dunno - I'd vary with the emulator.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
It's possible to play Rpgmaker games on the PSP as some people in Japan are trying to do it. Haven't seen anything recently but there's a couple of vids on Youtube of this guy doing it.

Doesn't fully work yet though.
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=3919.msg78289#msg78289 date=1244061202
Look for emulators for the PSP that run .exe files. That should do the trick.
If only it were that easy! =|

The architecture for a .exe is completely different than what the PSP uses. With the limited amount of RAM the PSP has as well as the lack of keyboard functionality, none of these games would be able to run. While it's a possibility (no one would do it though), it would be better getting the source code and modify that to work with the PSP.

I don't think it was some people in Japan doing it, there is a Spanish community working on something though.
I remember ages ago somebody got a RM2k game to run on a console (A Dreamcast?). Anybody remember that or am I just crazy?
Doesn't seem impossible, Dreamcast homebrew community has pretty much explored everything.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Well as a pretty good hacker on PSP, it is currently impossible to run RPG Maker games on PSP unless you want to run the english PS1 RPG Maker on it. But the program has a different structure to it making it impossible to emulate on the PSP. I remember a certain user however trying to develop RPGs for the PSP however.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
It's possible.. Just really hard.

Here's EasyRPG the vid I saw a while back.
Wow, that's pretty interesting. I've got to try this.

Is this project still in development?

EDIT: darn, the file has been deleted D:
The Sega Dreamcast could run things like RM2K because it was running a version of Windows Business series (CE I think?). This gave it functionality for homebrew that other video game consoles aren't capable of.

To run RM games on PSP, all you need is a program that can execute the RPG Maker runtime! But it would need to be specifically coded for the PSP. The PSP does not run .exe files.
LouisCyphre
That's exactly what I said.

...sort of.
Pages: 1