DOWNLOAD NO.

Pages: 1
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Y'know, to be honest, I've actually found things easier for myself since I started ignoring my download count. I used to keep track of them all the time, every day, across all my mirrors. Eventually, I got fed up with it, because you can't gauge success that way. You shouldn't fill your egotistical needs off the actions of phantom individuals across cyberspace who are never going to tell you what they think anyway. Rather, you should strive for feedback to find out how well or poorly you made something, as that's ultimately more satisfying and informative. I have no clue what my download count is now. And even if I check it, I have nothing to compare it to because I don't remember what it was before. And I no longer care.

All that said, I don't think this is a feature we should implement. It would really only serve as another pointless ego boost, and there's already too much of that going on.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I am very interested in my download count and use it almost entirely as a guage of my success.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
RMN3 does have additional tracking numbers inside it. Whether those are exposed or not, I am not sure.

I personally prefer individual counts because I am a numbers guy.
This is what I use:

But yeah, I use Downloads as the primary gauge for the success of my games. Unfortunately, I have had to delete old versions and demos and the like from my download section when I release an updated version. Leaving old versions up just leads to confusion.

It'd be neat to simply deprecate old downloads while retaining their information (like download count).
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Funny you mention that, kentona...
You are always two steps ahead of me.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=Fallen-Griever link=topic=3959.msg79247#msg79247 date=1244542830
Maybe this is going to be a feature of RMN3 (if it ever gets... fixed(?)), but is there a way to change the individual download counts to a cumulative one? Or is there a way to just add a cumulative count on top of the individual ones? Yes, it is purely egotistical, but I really need want to know these things.

Addition.

:)

And I know you could theoretically just add them up, but not all of my downloads are still present so I can't do that. Stupid game deleting bug...

WHOOPS, ignore above snarkiness. I see your point. : )
Pages: 1