FREEDOM... PART II

Pages: 1
So I opened the topic "Freedom" expecting it to be about this, but it was about getting out of uni lol.

Since we had a topic about how much time we spend on the computer/internet, I'm curious if anyone knows about this and what they think. It's a program made to stop your internet access.... Sounds weird, but it's meant to cut out the distraction when working on art, code, writing, etc.

You set the amount of time to turn it off for, then reboot if you change your mind. Since you have to reboot, makes you less inclined to go online.

I think this is a great idea as I'm very easily distracted by it. Unfortunately, it's only for Macs.

http://macfreedom.com/

What do you think? Will you/do you use this? Why or why not?
As much as I would like to say 'HAHAH ALL YOU NEED IS SOME SELF CONTROL', I'd probably find myself utilizing a lot of lost time with this program.
Yet another brilliant way to make money with useless software. The iAmRich or whatever that $100 App for the iPhone that did nothing was is still the best in my opinion though.
author=GameOverGames Productions link=topic=3966.msg79430#msg79430 date=1244595179
Yet another brilliant way to make money with useless software. The iAmRich or whatever that $100 App for the iPhone that did nothing was is still the best in my opinion though.

Well, it is free. It would be pretty ironic for a program called FREEDOM to cost money lol. They do ask for donations, this is to your own descrepency though, so you can't really complain about this.

The app is $1000, and yes, that was ridiculous.

I know, I do need self-control. Come on though, try working on your computer for like 2 hours and not using the internet AT ALL. It's harder than you think!
I have a reasonable amount of self discipline, so such a program would be useless to me. That said, I should make a Windows version of it called EXPENSIVE.
author=GameOverGames Productions link=topic=3966.msg79444#msg79444 date=1244597136
I have a reasonable amount of self discipline, so such a program would be useless to me. That said, I should make a Windows version of it called EXPENSIVE.

Hehehe. That app is a good story.

I dunno; I'd give this app a shot. I tend to go off on tangents when doing homework on the computer and checking miscellaneous articles on Wikipedia when I get the chance. However, I don't think it would be useful most of the time for me, because I often need the Internet to look up information for articles I'm writing, or else I'm studying textbooks away from the computer. I could only see this as useful when I'm studying my electronic flash cards for classes.
Pages: 1