TOO MANY GAMES! ;_;

Pages: 1
Gibmaker
I hate RPG Maker because of what it has done to me
Does anyone else feel overwhelmed by the number of games that go through here? I guess you have to choose what you put your time into but it usually takes me at least a few weeks to finish a game. So many of the Featured games have come and gone and I'd love to play them all but you just can't. What RM games have people wanted to play but haven't because of lack of time? For me it's pretty much all the featured games of the last few months. I have unfinished games in Total Chaos and Flashbulb Madness right now.
I agree with this, but I don't play too many RM games anyways. HOWEVER, there are a ton of games that fly right through here. I don't think I've finished even 1/10th of the ones I download.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I have an interesting variant - I usually end up caught up in one game, ignoring the others I've downloaded.
If an rm* game is at least moderately enjoyable I'll usually complete it.

If it's tedious, I usually quit within 5-30 minutes.

Since 95% of all RM* games are tedious, my track record for finishing good games is pretty high.
Nowadays, pretty much all of them.

There was a time when I just a lad and the RM scene was blossoming. I played literally every single game I saw a download for.
I'm waiting for Flashbulb Madness to get its version 1.05 out and fix the Thanatoast bug before I continue...can't see a way to proceed without it. :\

But lack of time hasn't really been an issue for the past three days, since the place I work has no need for about 50% of its employees 50% of the time. >_>
There can't be too many games! IMHO, the more the better.
First because this way, anybody can find exactly what (s)he likes, and discover that there are other kinds of games that can catch his/her interest.
But the main point is that as long as there will be so many games, game making will stay alive (obvious, I know) and grow.
As a player, I' can be but amazed by the amount of skill and work necessary to make even what some people call a "bad game".
Of course, I'm unable to make a game, but still.
author=Gibmaker link=topic=4040.msg82089#msg82089 date=1245632358
Does anyone else feel overwhelmed by the number of games that go through here? I guess you have to choose what you put your time into but it usually takes me at least a few weeks to finish a game. So many of the Featured games have come and gone and I'd love to play them all but you just can't. What RM games have people wanted to play but haven't because of lack of time? For me it's pretty much all the featured games of the last few months. I have unfinished games in Total Chaos and Flashbulb Madness right now.

I'm gonna need you to finish this. :P

But in all seriousness, the number of games don't bother me. I only download about two at a time that really interest me (that are my "type"), and I spend my time with those two. I wouldn't dare try to play every single game that rolls through here.
Pages: 1