RM 2K BATTLE SYSTEM IN 2K3?

Pages: 1
Is it possible to make a battle system similar to the one found in RM 2000 and the Dragon Quest games, where you select all your actions at the beginning of a round and from there on it's automatic? I would like that kind of system in my current 2003 game, and I need battle sprites for the characters, so I can't go backwords to RM 2000. I remember seeing a tutorial about it somewhere, but I think it was taken down. Anyone have any ideas?
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
You'd have to make it custom from events on a map using one or all of chipset/panaromas/pictures, but it is very possible.

In fact, I don't get why more CBSs aren't tunr-based.
LouisCyphre
Maybe because because RM2k was limited compared to 2k3? Even if I'm not speaking from experience...
The biggest changes between 2k and 2k3 were the class system and the battle system. Unless you really need the class system, I'd opt for RM2k (or better yet, RMVX).
2k cannot use MP3s either. If you're not bothered about that, honestly, just save yourself the trouble and use 2k.
In theory, one could take much of the Rm2k battle code and put it in in place of the RM2k3 DBS. You'd still have to fix things such as battle events linking to common events and such that aren't present in the RM2k code. In short, a theoretically possible but time consuming hack (especially since you would have to redo much of the editor as well as the engine). (i.e. go ask the Germans to do it)
Well having the battle sprites for the chars would be nice, but couldn't I just do a "when this character enters field --> show picture" as battle sprites in 2k and VX?
Or add them to the background and cover them with a picture during actions.
LouisCyphre
Or you can just use pictures or charsets.

Or you can set ATB to Wait in the menu.
Pages: 1