BATTLE ANIMATIONS "FLIPPING" GLITCH

Pages: 1
Yes, I have another problem. I'm choosing to use battle animations as my character battle sprites, but whenever I enter a battle (tested or in-game), all the animations "flip" horizontally, offsetting their placement and basically looking very strange. Every animation is 1 frame long, and this type of thing has worked for me in the past. Help please?
post=83967
Yes, I have another problem. I'm choosing to use battle animations as my character battle sprites, but whenever I enter a battle (tested or in-game), all the animations "flip" horizontally, offsetting their placement and basically looking very strange. Every animation is 1 frame long, and this type of thing hads worked for me in the past. Help please?

manually flip the battle animations horizontally yourself. they always flip horizontally for when the player attacks, if you haven't noticed.
The problem is, the animations appear normally as the battle screen is fading in, at their correct postitions, but once the text box comes up, then they flip. Plus manually flipping them would still wouldn't take care of the position offsets.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
There's a checkbox on the System2 tab for getting rid of this.
Not quite, Chaos. That check box is only for when attacked from behind. I'm talking about all the time.

I've sort of figured it out though. If my characters are on the left half of the screen, they're flipped. But if they're on the right side, they're not flipped. I'll have to say fuck it to my idea if this is the set-in-stone way the system works, unfortunately.
Thanks, GameOver. It looks like I will indeed have to swap my character/monster posiions, assuming it won't look really awkward. The sprites were made to be facing right so if I flip them it could screw them up, but I think it should work.
Never mind, I've figured out just the right spot to put my characters on the left without them flipping.

*EDIT* Actually it has to do with where I place the enemies. Go figure.

*EDIT2* You know what fuck it I'm just gonna do it the normal way. After hours of experimenting, I've given up.
Pages: 1