[2003] SPRITE CHANGE DURING BATTLE

Pages: 1
DE
*click to edit*
Is it possible to change a character's sprite during battle? I believe there is no command to do it directly. I tried calling a common event to change a character's class, and it worked, but only in regards to skills, and not the sprite. I, of course, set a different "animation group" to the class in the Class tab.

Any ideas?
I agree with the dummy hero trick. I'd be easy if you set up a couple of common events correctly.
DE
*click to edit*
Thanks, guys. Ultimately it seems too much of a hassle for too small a reward and the party-changing trick is too clunky to be of any use.

I guess I'll just have to do without dynamic battle sprites. Not a big deal actually.
I don't know if switching in the middle of the battle would work, but in the original Alter AILA, I had it so that your character's battle sprites changed depending on what type of weapon you had equipped (as in idle poses, not just when they're attacking). I used Class Change for that. There is still a link here, if you want to check the way I did it:
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/game-downloads/alter-aila-beginning-on-terrinos_83.html

Also, it can be a bit of a hassle. For example, changing classes will reset the exp of that character to what is needed to reach his current level, so you'll have to account for the missing exp each time you change classes.
Pages: 1