FF8 SUCKS

Pages: first 12 next last
NORG THE FAT DEMANDS MORE PIES!!
My favorite one is the part where Spoony spends an entire video, drawing magic.
awesome. i never did finish FF8, but i did once watch the final CGI sequence and wondered how the hell it got to that point. now i know and never need to play FF8 ever again. woo!
YDS
member of the bull moose party
it had a nice soundtrack ...........
disks 1-3 are excellent
YDS
member of the bull moose party
am i the only person who thought laguna's part of the game was so much better than squall's?
I am stuck fighting the guard robot thing in Lunatic Pandora. It's an incredibly difficult boss.
It is, it is.

Luckily for you, FF8 has one of the easiest exploitable battle systems and stat management of any FF ever!
Hey, fuck you, FF8 was the first FF I ever played and IT WAS AND CONTINUES TO BE AWESOME.
post=89059
Hey, fuck you, FF8 was the first FF I ever played and IT WAS AND CONTINUES TO BE AWESOME.

and FFVII was the last FF I ever played. Go figure.
post=89046
am i the only person who thought laguna's part of the game was so much better than squall's?

Definitely.

post=89036
disks 1-3 are excellent

I'll agree 1 is excellent, and 2 and 3 are not bad, and 4 is shit.
Don't get to level 100 before old Ulty's castle. You get your ass handed to you. On another note, I got Eden thanks to my ever-awesome Selphie, a couple of hero juices (or whatever they were called), auras and The End. ^.^ And the card game was fun.

Oh, but the crowning thing about FF8 is... Moombas! <3<3<3 So cu~ute!

Nine was better, though.
On another note, I got Eden thanks to my ever-awesome Selphie, a couple of hero juices (or whatever they were called), auras and The End
you needed heros? maybe you need to acquaint yourself with something called.. lion heart for 150,000 damage in a single turn..
Um, I got it as a soon as I could - which was way before I got Lionheart. And the other heroes were, uh, dead as I didn't use a walkthrough and had no idea he was there until he proceeded to knock the stuffing out of me. So it was Selphie versus that big guy and what can I say? ^.^

Anyway, getting Eden was one of my crowning achievements, up there with killing Emerald Weapon and Ozma, getting Excalibur II, completing the Clive sidequest and defeating Luca Blight with each group of fighters during his epic fight.

Of course, I was only about 16 back then and not the best player in the world. Still aren't.
If FFVIII came out for the PSN, I would definitely play it and give it a second chance.

More than I can say for IX.
For what it's worth, maybe a year and a half ago (maybe more) I played FFVIII and FFIX the whole way through for the first time. Probably beat each one in a week or so. Though now that I think about it they weren't all too amazing (except for VIII disc 1 and some moments in IX), I was utterly hooked while playing. Now I keep trying to get through FFVII and it doesn't have the same hooking effect. Maybe it's because I've seen people play it too many times already... I dunno. But they definitely got me addicted, and I haven't been anywhere near as addicted to a game before or after.

To summarize: Final Fantasy subliminally endorses HEROIN USE.
FF8 is my favorite one. Played it last year for the first time since 2000 and I couldn't put it down.

FF9 is probably technically better, but I literally remember nothing from it (but it has been a LONG time since I last played...). I did enjoy it, though. It was the last good game in the FF series, imho.
Magi
Resident Terrapin
post=89083
I'll agree 1 is excellent, and 2 and 3 are not bad, and 4 is shit.

JAPANESE ENDINGS
Pages: first 12 next last