IRC ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION: GAME BALANCE

Pages: first 123 next last
Esteemed Drs. Brickroad and kentona will be hosting a roundtable discussion on the hot topic of balance in an RPG setting. It's scheduled for this Thursday, July 30, 6:30 p.m. EST (3:30 p.m. PST).

If you have something to add to the discussion, have some questions for us handsome grandmasters, or just want to observe and maybe learn something, please join us on irc.dynastynet.net in #rmn_roundtable at the scheduled time.

This will be a moderated chat, so feel free to hang out in #rpgmaker.net for a more general conversation. If you've never used IRC before but want to attend, click here for a step-by-step guide on how to get it up and running.

I'm going to compile that cat log into an article, so if you can't make it you'll still be able to see what was discussed.

See you guys there!
I'm actually a dentist, not a real doctor. And it's 4:30 p.m. Saskatchewan time, for those of you who it affects.
I'll be there. I have to be honest, when it comes to number-crunching, I really have no idea what I'm doing.
I'm on board. Maybe I can teach you folks a thing or two from the humanistic side of game design.
PST, EST, UBT, KFC. Where's the general standard time that all other times are derived from, UTC?
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Fuck, this coincides with league. I might show up for the first hour or so.
i can't believe you haven't invited dr. horatio x. geodude PhD
To be honest, I am one of the dullest people you will ever meet.
post=89160
I'll be honest, this sounds like one of the dullest discussion topics ever... although the results of it could actually help a lot of people here since balance is a constant issue with RPGMaker games.

You don't have to come if you don't want, F-G.
post=89168
I'm trying to work out how that stops me from commenting...

It doesn't, but if this looks boring to you the polite thing to do would have been to withhold your comments and just not participate.
post=89304
I prefer being honest over being polite.

oh so this is why you're so unpleasant!
at least i'm the only one suffering in my case ;)
Thanks for your honest input, F-G. Now that we're all perfectly aware of your stance on this topic, there's no need for you to post in it anymore.

If this roundtable is a success and I do another one, I hope the next topic is more agreeable to you. =)
Pages: first 123 next last